It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery in the western world still exists today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When people talk about the the black slaves of yesteryear, they will grimace and think how bad it was back then, but the media and news told everyone that having a black slave was ok, because everyone did it, it was just a normal way of life back then, it just shows how the media tell you something is OK and you will listen no matter how wrong it is.

But with the likes of Martin luthur King starting the revolution for black people to be treat as equals, and the public support, black people get treated equally now in most western countries.

But don't be fooled, when black people started getting a proper education and becoming doctors, lawyers, police officers, coutries were losing there cheap labour work forces, so they had to do something about it.

So what did they do? They have been manipulating the media and news to keep black people and most ethnic minorities down, giving bad housing and education and sending them to prison to work as slaves.

Music
We all know that a lot of rappers are now slaves to the Illuminati, they rap about wanting more money, about being gangsta, about guns and flash cars, wear a lot of bling, the lyrics are basically saying, get rich and the world is your oyster but be a gangsta to do it, just like us.

Movies
In a lot of movies black people are always treated as the comedy character or as a ghetto hard on their luck type (rarely as a top job with the exception of Denzel washington or Morgan freeman) with such films as boys in the hood and south central, fast and furious etc.. black people are always portrayed as criminals or as thugs, young people see these guys as role models.

News
Watch any news on any day and you will see at least 3 or 4 mug shots of young black guys wanted for either shooting, gang related crime, knives, mugging you name it and it will be there.

Society
A lot of ethnic minorities are all placed in poor housing, they get poor education and hardly no money for crap jobs, all the sex they see and because rap says to have as many women as possible there are a lot children too,

Put all these things together, and you get a lot of ethnic minorities going to prison, now this is where the slavery is, especially with America and it's 3 strikes and you out rule.

Did you know, that in America 1 in 9 black men are in prison between the ages of 19 and 34.

In prisons in America prisoners produce 100% of army gear, they make Uniforms, bullets, bullet proof vests, ammunition belts, helmets and other military garb, 96% of all produced paints, 36% of home appliances , 21% of office furniture, the prisoners can not refuse to work, they get paid about 50 cents a day for the work, the prisons are a business built on slave labour.

People need to stop listening to rap music, turn off their TV and not believe anything the main stream media tell them.

Have a look at this clip about the very thing I am talking about taken from QI with Stephen Fry.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Great vid thanks. Here is it embedded.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can we have a source on your figures of all the things you said are made in prison. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
Can we have a source on your figures of all the things you said are made in prison. Thank you.
It's actually in the video.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The failure of black culture is not my fault. The "proud black nuclear family" is in a pretty sad state at the moment. Let your kids walk around with their pants down low listening to angry music about drugs, violence and bitches is a GREAT way to ensure failure later on in life.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Have you heard of the Tuskagee experiment, it was sick experiment controlled by the government in 1932 until 1972 399 black men where infected with syphilis with a vaccine they were told was to stop syphilis, they of course gave it to their partners too. it isn't a conspiracy theory it is fact here it is on wikipedia.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-3-2011 by DEV1L79 because: spelling

edit on 25-3-2011 by DEV1L79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If blacks choose to listen to rap music and idolize gangsters instead of men like MLK and Bill Cosby who only wanted to see their race succeed in a more positive way, then it is their own fault and the fault of their parents. You have to be willing to work for your success. Sitting around expecting a paycheck because your a minority is not getting you anywhere. And where i live, I watch this happening with all races, not just black. It is an unfortunate reality that most poor families who rely on the teete of america raise their kids to do the same. I've watched it happen with my own family. Out of 5 kids, i'm the only one who graduated high school and isn't on welfare. Today I own my own business. If people would stop pointing fingers at everyone else, including the government, and instead blame themselves for their own shortcomings, then society would change for the best. No matter how tempting the gov makes it, or how easy they make it, just say no.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
If blacks choose to listen to rap music and idolize gangsters instead of men like MLK and Bill Cosby who only wanted to see their race succeed in a more positive way, then it is their own fault and the fault of their parents. You have to be willing to work for your success. Sitting around expecting a paycheck because your a minority is not getting you anywhere. And where i live, I watch this happening with all races, not just black. It is an unfortunate reality that most poor families who rely on the teete of america raise their kids to do the same. I've watched it happen with my own family. Out of 5 kids, i'm the only one who graduated high school and isn't on welfare. Today I own my own business. If people would stop pointing fingers at everyone else, including the government, and instead blame themselves for their own shortcomings, then society would change for the best. No matter how tempting the gov makes it, or how easy they make it, just say no.
Good for you for getting out of it, but it isn't as easy for some people, you have got to be on the street to survive and know people, and it is hard just to survive, you have got to steal just to eat especially if your a refugee, every day is a struggle, there are 3 options, study hard at school (even though everyone there doesn't care including the teachers) turn to drugs, or turn to crime.

Bill Cosby and Will Smith do a great job at being good role models, but that isn't reality for a lot of people.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Prisoners do not make any military gear, let alone 100% of it.

That alone makes me question the source of your information and anyone who believes it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
Prisoners do not make any military gear, let alone 100% of it.

That alone makes me question the source of your information and anyone who believes it.
yes they do. just look it up, here is a good article on it humor.gunaxin.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I've been reading threads and quotes/replies for some time now and enjoy the content very much. I felt very compelled to finally reply for the first time due to the content of this thread.

This reminds me a little bit of Adrien Peterson the RB on the Vikings who compared playing in the NFL as "modern day slavery" and I about wanted to puke. Do you not take into consideration the enormous amount of programs designed to help minorities, including blacks, to achieve a better life? What about Affirmative Action programs? I find it hard to believe that only blacks have a little harder time understanding the difference between right and wrong. The fact is that society is being taught today to take the easy way out, so people who grow up in a less than desirable atmosphere turn to crime as a quick way to make a buck. Slavery was abolished over 140 yrs. ago and I really can't believe that anybody could possibly feel that slavery in any form still exists today. I feel that you should really do your research into the slavery that existed way before in the past and it is nothing close to what you have posted. Threads like these and people that actually buy into this clearly have no idea of what they are talking about.

Anybody, no matter their background, ethnicity, or economic situation can become whomever or whatever they would like in this country. All it takes is a little hard work and quite possibly a little luck. Take the high road, be fair, and honest to your common man and I truly believe that you can have a great life for yourself and your family.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

How is that suppose to change my mind?

Its listed under the humor section. Is that suppose to make me take it seriously?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuardianSlanger
I've been reading threads and quotes/replies for some time now and enjoy the content very much. I felt very compelled to finally reply for the first time due to the content of this thread.

This reminds me a little bit of Adrien Peterson the RB on the Vikings who compared playing in the NFL as "modern day slavery" and I about wanted to puke. Do you not take into consideration the enormous amount of programs designed to help minorities, including blacks, to achieve a better life? What about Affirmative Action programs? I find it hard to believe that only blacks have a little harder time understanding the difference between right and wrong. The fact is that society is being taught today to take the easy way out, so people who grow up in a less than desirable atmosphere turn to crime as a quick way to make a buck. Slavery was abolished over 140 yrs. ago and I really can't believe that anybody could possibly feel that slavery in any form still exists today. I feel that you should really do your research into the slavery that existed way before in the past and it is nothing close to what you have posted. Threads like these and people that actually buy into this clearly have no idea of what they are talking about.

Anybody, no matter their background, ethnicity, or economic situation can become whomever or whatever they would like in this country. All it takes is a little hard work and quite possibly a little luck. Take the high road, be fair, and honest to your common man and I truly believe that you can have a great life for yourself and your family.

This is simply not true, the programmes that are run to help ethnic minorities are nothing more than places for them to go to "keep them off the streets", they do not help in any way shape or form.

Do you really think that they have the easy way out when turning to crime? it is an only option.

News and media is saying everyone is doing it, why not us, why do they chose to not say things about underhand bankers, or corrupt bosses at a corporation, why does the news tend to favour talking about young black kids or any youth these days getting into trouble. Slavery in the old days was probably better because there were rules and regulations, now it is all done undercover and in prisons where they can do what the hell they want.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by DEV1L79

How is that suppose to change my mind?

Its listed under the humor section. Is that suppose to make me take it seriously?

OK here's a few more

wn.com...

humor.gunaxin.com...

articles.cnn.com...:US

www.armytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Are you serious? You really believe there is some form of "shadow slavery" going on behind the scenes? And how can you honestly state that affirmative action programs are only designed to "keep them off the streets"? The last time I checked there aren't millions of minorities living on the streets and the government factions that designed these programs were for the sole intent of "keeping them off the streets".

Affirmative Action is a farce and quite honestly unfair. In my honest opinion affirmative action programs should be thrown out as it is quite honestly racist and discriminating. With all the supposed facts associated with this thread, what is your honest opinion as to why their is a greater black or minority population in prison? Is it because "white" people are more intelligent and know not to get into trouble? Is it really your opinion that the reason for blacks being in prison is soley resting on the shoulders of the media claiming that it is cool to be a G-DAWG, drug slangin', gangster? If you really believe that, I feel for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh.....when I clicked on thread I thought you were going to discuss real cases of slavery.

Modern slavery and human trafficking are very real issues, it sees no color, ethnicity, age, or gender.

baltimorechronicle.com...
berkeley.edu...
abcnews.go.com...

To find more examples you'll have to google human trafficking or modern slavery, because google likes to pretend that slavery in America is a historical issue. It is not!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Reply to post by DEV1L79

Best thread and truth I have read in a long time. I'm black and I agree with everything the OP said.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79

Originally posted by Under Water
Good for you for getting out of it, but it isn't as easy for some people, you have got to be on the street to survive and know people, and it is hard just to survive, you have got to steal just to eat especially if your a refugee, every day is a struggle, there are 3 options, study hard at school (even though everyone there doesn't care including the teachers) turn to drugs, or turn to crime.

Bill Cosby and Will Smith do a great job at being good role models, but that isn't reality for a lot of people.

See that's the whole problem, the "it's not easy" excuse. It's not supposed to be easy, that's why it's called working hard. Now i know some people have it harder than others, but if we are just talking about your basic, low income, american citizen, there is no reason a person can not lift themselves up unless they just don't want to. They would rather sit around collecting welfare while complaining that they are owed something because of their background. (my brother)

I wish I could just shout to everyone "NO ONE IS GOING TO HELP YOU SUCCEED, ONLY YOU CAN MAKE ALL Y OUR DREAMS COME TRUE." You don't have to blame poor education, i'm in south louisiana and we were just named worst state in the country for education at least according to our local news about a month ago. Our schools are horrible. I've dealt with teachers who wore mini skirts with their panties hanging out (Mrs. Bearb, 7th grade) and Bus Drivers who were drunk all the time or would trap kids on the bus to let fights happen (this happened to me when i was 13 and she trapped me on the bus to let an 18yo kid beat the # out of me. He was a guy, i'm a girl.) If this happened to my child today, i think i would murder the people who allowed that to happen. The woman kept her job, yet the 18 year old kid ended up getting arrested right off school grounds after my parents brought the cops. Gee, that made sense.

Anyway, my point is people have more choices than drugs, crime or putting blame on bad education. If you want it bad enough, you will find a way to succeed, no matter your background. You don't have to end up in jail just because you grew up on the streets. The problem is that FAMILIES don't teach these values to their kids anymore, they just teach their kids to rely or even cheat the system. But even then, we don't live in a closed society, the world and all it's possibilities are more exposed to us than ever before, learn how to take advantage of all the free information out there, and educate yourself. That is what i did.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

Slavery in the old days was probably better because there were rules and regulations, now it is all done undercover and in prisons where they can do what the hell they want.

This has to be probably one of the most ignorant statements that I have ever read in my entire life. Rules and regulations? Raping women, beating men and women at a whim, and killing those that aren't working hard enough is your idea of rules and regulations?

Keep in mind, son, that with the technology age that we live in, it is much more difficult to keep things "undercover" There was no Youtube, video camera's, or cell phones to deliver news as quick as it is today. If anything, slave owner's back in the day could do whatever they wanted without fear of prosecution. If an inmate is beaten or killed by prison guards, it is thoroughly investigated and in most instances they may face prosecution or lose their job.

Get a clue kid before posting such things that you are obviously not privy to.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DEV1L79

In prisons in America prisoners produce 100% of army gear, they make Uniforms, bullets, bullet proof vests, ammunition belts, helmets and other military garb, 96% of all produced paints, 36% of home appliances , 21% of office furniture, the prisoners can not refuse to work, they get paid about 50 cents a day for the work, the prisons are a business built on slave labour.

I'm not sure where the youtube vid got this information but it is blatantly false. First, prisoners do not make military items. Second, in my state, Illinois, only about 46% of the prison population participates in the work program. We can debate if that is slavery or not, but my point is prisoners do have a choice to participate or not.
edit on 25-3-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join