It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$Investors needed$-silver assistance please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

do you know much about spotting fakes?
what types of coins do you usually buy?
have you ever decided against buying certain coins that were suspect?
are you concerned about getting robbed?
am i over paranoid about being shafted with fakes?
do you know of a Attention Deficit Disorder proof way I can learn about what to buy, what to avoid kinda info, where did you learn what you needed to know?

I hope you don't have them come to your house.

school me on your experience, stories, etc..please

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Ok! Sorry dude. I did not think i was pissing in your cheerios with my first post.I was just advising a little caution is all.

Anyways, I had some decent luck with Craigslist a few times(Got 8 10oz bars for .25c under spot one time)
I got some decent deals on Ebay but had to spend too much time looking. Most of my buys were from APMEX though, and thats who i would reccomend. As for what type to buy? Its fun to stick your hand into a bag of junk silver and jingle it around
its also fun to clink 10 oz bars together and hear em ring. The expression on someones face when you hand them a 100oz J&M bar to hold is pretty fun to see.

The best deals i got from APMEX where Generic Rounds though.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

I Mainly buy Morgan dollars/ liberty dollars, Franklin half dollars, and will buy bullion American Eagles and Engelhart. When I advertise on craigslist, I quote that I only want junk silver or circulated coins not NGC graded coins (overpriced). Don't let people pressure you and focus specificly on what you want and not what there trying to sell you. Carry a magnet with you, I've seen some scams where they claim to be silver and instead were steel (magnetic) silver is non magnetic. These coins were from China.

This guy is in San Diego and does alot of businness through Craigslist and gives you an idea of what to write.
Craigslist sample post

Also you can bring a digital scale and weight the junk silver coins and pay by weight and not by each coin.

I would also recommend going to a coin shop and get familiar with different coins, ask lots of questions to where you feel confidient in buying from others.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by beezzer

do you know of any certain foreign coins that are "off radar", not wanted by the masses, silver content coins that are sold either below melt value, or coins that are just neat-o?

Not yet. But since I'm in Germany I do plan on exploring the market here. I could U2U or let any of you know of any deals/coins here. This morning I'll b looking at coin dealers in K-town and surrounding areas.
Regards,

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

thanks for the info

that is the kind of stuff some jerks out there either try to charge for, or keep silent.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join