It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The brewing civil war no one is talking about

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The brewing civil war no one is talking about

worldblog.msnbc.msn.com

Dangerous paramilitary forces are thwarted by amulet-wearing self-proclaimed “Invisible Commandos,” innocent women are gunned down in broad daylight by forces loyal to a despot who won’t give up power. Quick, which conflict is it? The West African country, a former model of stability in the region and the world’s largest cocoa producer, has been in limbo since a November election intended to reunite the country ended in a stalemate. Incumbent President Laurent Gbagbo has refused to cede power. The dispute between the two leaders has led to armed conflict, with attacks on civilians, inc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
continued quote from above article...

The dispute between the two leaders has led to armed conflict, with attacks on civilians, including reports of forced disappearances, rapes and torture; the U.N. estimates at least 462 civilians have been killed. The U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees estimates that at least 500,000 have been internally displaced by violence. And an estimated 90,000 refugees have fled across the border to Liberia, threatening to destabilize a country still recovering from its own civil war.

It seems that people are really starting to wake up to fight dictatorships. I am in no way condoning the killing of civilians but maybe we should do the same here? "America is already a democracy stupid!!" BS...This uprising eclipses most middle East issues with 462 casualties. This guy is ten times more evil then Ghafdi and should be stopped.

worldblog.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 25-3-2011 by Artorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
You can almost rewrite this article for any nation.

The civil war is between the haves and the have-nots on a global stage.

The awakening is because all resources are dominated with no chance for the masses to acquire.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

I don't think we hear too much about it because of more important topics.....Off the top of my head...JAPAN....WAR IN LYBIA......EARTHQUAKES AROUND THE WORLD......Just to name a few, a little cival war in Africa is not on the top of anyones mind right now....Sorry

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Not much to talk about; this is just the normal outcome of greed.

As for Americans, revolution may be in the near future. People can only be pushed so far before they start to push back.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I thought that this thread title was referring to the civil war brewing on the US border:

Federal agents, US citizens and innocent civilians along with elected officials, and kidnapped travelers are dying like flies in horrible ways on the US/Mexican border every day, and we hear as little about it as we do about Gbagbo.

www.borderlandbeat.com...

Also, please note that French language newspapers report on the African conflict daily.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hmmmm it would seem the PTB need a bloody revolution to quell the masses and find the "Eevol" illuminati and bring them to justice.
I would prefer a bloodless revolution of simple non compliance.
They cannot win if you don't play their game.
Make your own place on your land, plant your food and trade with your neighbors.
Make freinds with your community, if we all do these things there is no way "they" could stop us or enforce silly laws.
Don't play their game.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

but maybe we should do the same here?

If you want to start killing people then do it, don't try and recruit others to do your dirty work for you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/081991288d71.png[/atsimg]

I am so sick of people coming onto this site trying to get people to sign on to start killing their fellow countrymen.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Yes the world has to push back. Here is one way.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It is not that they are not talking about it it is that they are sick of talking about it. When is the last time the Ivory Coast was NOT in trouble. In fact subsahara africa has always been a hell hole.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

To bad that Cote d'voire has no Oil reserves... The Hypocrisy of our Governments on this issue is astounding.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes, people are starting to wake up, wake up to the tyranny of government. A revolt in the U.S?

The only revolt I would participate in is a peaceful one, like Gandhi promoted. The U.S. has the strongest millitary in the world. 5,000 plus tanks, jets, and atomic weapons, but theirs Gus with his squirrel gun....

The reason people aren't revolting is because their way of life isn't directly being affected.

Peaceful resistance? Yes. Violent resistance? No. It would be pointless anyway.

All the best, Jacob

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You guys aren't going to do nothing.
I bet half of you haven't even been outside in the last 24 hours.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Honestly, if you go to school and get a good job, you can live quite comfortably in the US. I don't know what so many are going about here, acting as if they are living in slums with no rights or comforts to their name.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Artorius
I am in no way condoning the killing of civilians but maybe we should do the same here? "America is already a democracy stupid!!" BS...

What? What exactly are you suggesting here? That this kind of violence rape and murder is something we here in the US should aspire to because more than half the population is too lazy to get off their ass and make our democracy work? I dont see how thats any improvment, personally. The LAST thing we need in this country is a bunch of idiots storming around. Its exactly what the elite want. An excuse to suspend the Constitution, permanently.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Can i quote Jarvis Cocker?

We're making a move, we're making it now
We're coming out of the side-lines
Just put your hands up - it's a raid, yeah
We want your homes, we want your lives
We want the things you won't allow us
We won't use guns, we won't use bombs
We'll use the one thing we've got more of
- that's our minds

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Honestly, if you go to school and get a good job, you can live quite comfortably in the US. I don't know what so many are going about here, acting as if they are living in slums with no rights or comforts to their name.

Even better you can choose not to go to school and you are 100% free to open your own business.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

You guys aren't going to do nothing.
I bet half of you haven't even been outside in the last 24 hours.

You got me there......although I lost both my legs in Iraq so I have a pretty good excuse.

You never know who is on these boards, and don't think that U.S. citizens will do nothing forever

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If you want to start killing people then do it, don't try and recruit others to do your dirty work for you.

There is the possibility of a (relatively) peaceful revolution, if enough people demanded it and were determined enough to see it through. Look at what just happened in Egypt.

Doing nothing, and wanting to do nothing, when there are obviously some problems here, is even more cowardly imo. The whole reason the US even exists is because a lot of people with more backbone than most today were pissed off about excessive taxes. Imagine that.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Actually, it wasn't even that. The taxes that we had weren't that bad, but what the founding fathers were upset with was that the people paying them had no say in their institution. They were looking into the future in the knowledge that if they could apply a tax without even consulting them, then at any point the taxes could be raised and entire economies destroyed. Kind of funny that they had really low taxes and still had a revolution.

Taxation without representation. It's serious business. No, but really, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back, in a sense. The founding fathers spent a long time appealing to King George, trying to get him to listen. It wasn't until the King completely refused all their demands that they started the revolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join