It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Next Step in Evolution is Here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ok - just a random thought but I implore you to understand my line of thinking on this and run with it.

The 12 years old boy prodigy thread got me to thinking - what if our next step in evolution as a species is already here?

What if:
Autism isn't a disease or an affliction?
Is not caused by chemicals or vaccines?
Is actually a progression of our brains, how we process information, formulate ideas and address challenges?

Wouldn't this explain how savant's associated with these conditions are able to do such miraculous things? Ever wonder what would happen if 2 of these genious-level people procreated? What would the child be? If science really knew this to be the logical progression, could the names "Autism" etc simply be used to demonize the condition so people look the other way?

Far-fetched, I know folks. It was a fleeting thought I had and I thought I would share.
Thanks for your time.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sounds plausible.
Humans didn't go from apes to intelligent life in one step. I'm sure we have a bit more to go.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Speech is such a primitive way of communication. Maybe we're nearing the age of telepathy.
You never know, all these "social disorders" could be the half-way point. Interesting theory.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

you do have a point,maybe more time is needed for our brains to develop and use its full power.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My question is why, if we're so evolved now and have these big brains, do we use so little of them? I have always wondered this since I learned that we, on average, only use between 10-15%. What's the other 85-90% for? Could you imagine where we'd be if we could actually use 100% of our brain power?

It simply makes no sense that it's there first before we figure out how to make use of all of it, unless the OP is right and your average person, like me, is the one with the mental deficiency.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yeah, next step in evolution of intelligent creatures is here. It is called AI. It does not matter how smart person can be, biological "hardware" will eventually (pretty soon actually) be weaker in all aspects.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
My question is why, if we're so evolved now and have these big brains, do we use so little of them? I have always wondered this since I learned that we, on average, only use between 10-15%. What's the other 85-90% for? Could you imagine where we'd be if we could actually use 100% of our brain power?

It simply makes no sense that it's there first before we figure out how to make use of all of it, unless the OP is right and your average person, like me, is the one with the mental deficiency.
Our brains aren't the only things that are running at less than peak levels. Muscles for example: if you used 100% of your muscles all the time they would rip and be torn apart, but the body does allow a higher than normal usage when in a fight or flight situation. This would explain why someone seemingly normal can summon up "superhuman" strength to life a car up some degree from someone they love dearly to save them. It may also be the same way for the brain although I have no idea myself.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I too have always thought that some of these "diseases" we as a species seem to be plagued with are just natural human traits/primal reactions, or what ever. I cannot help but to think that if in fact our species is so plagued with "diseases" as we currently appear to be, then our species has no hope of survival if we are in that bad of a shape. But, the real question is, are certain people aware that there really are not as many diseases as we are led to believe and it is all about money, or another way to control and suppress us or for other gains. Or are they just flat out wrong and not using science correctly in making all these diagnosis. As an example, ADD/ADHD, I am not convinced that this is actually a problem. I tend to think that it is certain primal instincts showing its face and wanting to do what it is designed to do and subconsciously controls an individuals certain actions because society does not understand or want to truly understand it in order to teach people how to cope with that adversity. To me, I think ADD/ADHD is just our natural tendencies lashing out for being forced to sit in classrooms or sit in a cube, when we should be out doing the things we are designed to do. But, TPTB try to mold the situation into something that suits their needs instead of embracing it and using it positively in the way that we were designed.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
AI might be considered for our next step but ask yourself this - which type of person, speaking in a social-context, operates more like a machine - someone with Autisbergs (sp intention) or someone considered "normal"?

With the brain-functions demonstrated by these savants, what need is there really for social interaction, intimate communications or petty social heirarchys/strata?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I propose that this it the next step in reclaiming our once great state of humanity.

It is clear that humanity was once great and the last 3500 years are barbarism with the last 150 years being techno-barbarism.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

Our brains aren't the only things that are running at less than peak levels. Muscles for example: if you used 100% of your muscles all the time they would rip and be torn apart, but the body does allow a higher than normal usage when in a fight or flight situation. This would explain why someone seemingly normal can summon up "superhuman" strength to life a car up some degree from someone they love dearly to save them. It may also be the same way for the brain although I have no idea myself.

Would this mean that if we were to use 100% of our brain, it would explode?

I am asking as currently I am using about 5% of my brain having had a couple of beers over lunch.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I think you raise an interesting point. Maybe the results of our condition are surfacing as ADD/ADHD. Maybe our current "teaching" is no longer challenging enough to satisfy the brain.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I don't think it is the next step in evolution because evolution for the most part is not understood and much of it is faith based. With technology on our side there really should be no more evolution in humans, i mean what is stopping us from surviving anymore? We don't have to worry about any of the things that killed early men and there is no longer a competition for food. And intelligence really is not much of a survival thing anymore for instance einstein was genius and I could find 100 more geniuses but an exceptionaly high IQ does not mean you survive longer than someone with a low IQ.

edit:
The "we only use 10% of our brain" thing is a myth, people need to stop spreading it.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Darkk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I doubt it is a step in evolution. For evolution to take place the genes need to be passed on, and as autism makes people less sociable, there would be less opportunity to procreate.

new topics

top topics

join