It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is up with life.?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Some mood music.:

Hey guys, three years ago I graduated from secondary school and was thrust into the maelstrom that is ''real life'' I never had any worries all my life money or otherwise, the occasional break up and that but I was a popular and happy dude. I got my place in an ok Uni but am now three years later absolutely sick to the back teeth with life.

I had no idea what it was all about and am determined to change it. I don't understand why we all have to give and give and give, work, work, work just to survive. I don't know if it's just the scence where I live but when you're growing up your teachers, television programmes everything paints a very rosey picture of life. And a misleading one I might add. Don't get me wrong life is good, it's amazing the mere fact we can experience it is incredible. But what organised government has done with it, it has become warped and is now more of a task than a woderous thing. How was/is adult life portrayed to you??

I believe that water should be free, basic food should be free and most importantly shelter should be free. I believe these to be fundamental basic human rights. Because without these things people die. We as a race are now at the point where we can realize this with ease. It seems to me that it's not that important to the powers that be. Why be condemned by circumstance when circumstance is a product of unfair life.?? Life's unfair. I think we've all heard that at some stage. The mantra of those en charge.

I don't believe in big government, infact I think government should be a range of individuals... A crossection of society to be accurate. If for example a fifty year old mother of four, an ex cancer patient and others ran the health service for a term what do you think their goals would be? If however someone who joined a political party at a young age and has been involved in canvasing, party policy etc throughout their life were in the same position what would their goal be? Most likely pleasing their party. Why does politics all but guarantee you the good life. People nowadays decide in school and go into politics for career. If you do well for your party you rise through the ranks and then eventually given a shot for leader. It shouldn't be about that it should be about looking at whats wrong and doing something about it. Why not have a government of the people.?? Why put your trust in those who's motivation is personal gain.??

Would be interested in your views. Hopefully my fellow man shares my ideals.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

I totally agree with you. Life is so fast, complex, chaotic, and not peaceful. Its hard finding peace in the world today so I try focusing on finding inner peace...and that too is hard! ;-)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well said, but life will always be this way, as long as we still have a monetary system in place. Everyone born and upcoming in the world we live in today is conditioned to want to horde a large amount of wealth. To get rich, the fastest way possible.

When we abolish the monetary system, bring in a resource based economy that benefits everyone, only then can we teach our untainted generations their purpose would be to contribute to society. We wouldn't have 1% of the population owning 70% of the planets resources. We wouldn't have the social imbalances we have today. We'd have a stable society, always improving because the things we need; science, medical research, energy research...these things wouldn't have a budget cap. They'd need resources, and they'd get it.

Until then my friend life to me, similarly to you, is monotonous and lacking in importance, but it is US that must strive to achieve these goals for our society, for the benefit of the coming generations.
edit on 25-3-2011 by FermiFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
These day's it's becoming harder, and harder.. for a young man to find his way in this world..

There are even less opportunity's for young people today.. then say just five or six years ago when i was trying to find my path in this decomposing society..

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact we all truly have on each other..And how each and every action we make.. Be it good, or terrible.. Defines us as human beings..

When we grow..We grow to realize that life, Is unfortunately not the life we were promised as children.. So all we can do is Stop looking so much towards the negative aspects that make up our life's..

Life is beautiful. Notice it, And you will be better off.. I want to close this post with a quote.

“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.”

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

I feel you. I was raised christian, so I see the beast and the harlot. I also followed my own path since 2004 as far as "being" christian, and what it means to me, so I can see NEO (one) and the matrix as well.
Here is my point for anyone listening.
The "beast" and "harlot" are the politicians you are speaking of. They TOLD us what to think and feel. The beast and harlot come with a mark, right? Mark of the Beast = thinking how they think, with their head, flesh, however you may need to see it. IT'S a system that people are waking up to see.
Seal of God = thinking with your HEART!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

How right you are TechVampyre. Even for an old man like me it is hard to find your way in this world. Of course I started out late in my present career and went way in debt to get here, but that is another story. I only replied to you to agree that the important things in life are not what we spend our effort to acquire, but our interactions with each other. It's the only legacy we leave and it's the only real joy there is.

top topics

join