It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative treatments for radiation exposure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
After noticing several ATSers are clamoring to get their hands on potassium iodine, I thought I'd share a link to this PDF I found while stumbling aimlessly across the internet. It explains several different strategies for detoxifying from radiation exposure, far beyond the scope of what iodine does to protect you, which I'm sad to say isn't much.
PDF file
In this day and age most of us have already been exposed to varying levels of radiation, even before the disaster in Japan. I suggest everyone try a few of the methods listed in this e-book.. most are relatively cheap and simple.
I ran a search and did not find any mention of this particular source. If I've been mistaken, I kindly ask this post be removed.
Peace!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow! This is a terrific paper.
I had no idea there were so many alternative treatments for radiation exposure.
This looks to be well researched and a vital bit of information given recent events.
Thanks! This is going in to my survival folder for future reference.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
this is an excellent find, thanks for sharing...ive been displeased with the lack of protection that iodine and KI provide in such emergencies, so it is good to see there is other actions that can be taken to safeguard oneself against the radioactiv effects...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It depends if you were "only" irradiated, or contaminated - which is much worse. No matter how low is radiation in the air, when you breathe in a particle, you will propably get a lung cancer. (BTW smoking can be helpful(not a joke)).
In Japan there was such a study, where they gave some stroncium to mice. One group got also green tea (Ma-Cha) and those survived mostly without any cancer. In the green tea there is epigallocatechin gallate, which is anti-cancer substance and also good antioxidant (man dies most on free radicals after irradiation). Antioxidants are very importand and there are some very strong AO in nature. However the highest benefit comes from chlorophyll, which can bound heavy metals and get them outta body. Best sources of chlorophyll are algae like chlorella and spirulina. Detoxing heavy metals premisses to get them first outta cells - here can be helpfull "Ramsons" and comon garlic (partially). I doubt ginseng can be very useful here (link). Vilcacora would match better I mean.
edit on 25-3-2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join