It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gas Prices...maybe rest of the world!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think the best solution is for people locally in every town to come up with mods to switch their vehicles to electric/deisel or deisel conversions. And as cheaply done, ie. do it yourself groups meeting up as projects.
I would change my car to electric for most use and deisel for back up highway, even peanut oil. They would be lowering prices as people started to turn their backs on their product.

I've never known why they don't do solar/wind tech, with so much wind generated while driving.

But Telsa on the other hand had an electric style motor, and drove around iwth a huge antenna that picked up the charge rain or shine always. He apparently did so at great speeds, that we would consider reckless today, and illegal.

edit on 25-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by rogerramjett
This idea could probably work world wide if given the right boost by the citizens of the world, it is time we start fighting back against big oil.

I checked this out on Snopes ...www.snopes.com...
Bottom line? The only person that gets hurt is the service station operator.

Yeah, as far as I was aware, it is up to the discretion of the owner to set prices right?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
To lower it stop the speculators driving the market.

DONE

You pay higher immediately, then when price per barrel lowers, stations say "we bought that 6 months ago so we have to still charge this price"

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Seriously, the best way is to mod your car off gas, and explore the alternatives. Having diesel works best in an emergency can always make your own biofuel if you have to. But I still LOVE Tesla's ideas, and he proved it, drove that way for years.

I can also tell immediately when certain threads load slowly, spyware has kicked in, so THEY are monitoring this. Its too bad there isn't a good emoticon to reply with.

Mod your cars, if you can afford it.

Trust me, they'll love you for it, it helps keep them honest and gives them a good feeling to tighten their belts. And another thing, all of our brightest children who have been forced to sign their non-dislosure contracts. This needs to be dealt with. Surely we, the public can bring them over to our own businesses, like convince them to work for us and share with us, because its the right thing to do.

edit on 25-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

Sounds like wishful thinking.

Sorry, but I don't think that consumers have much say when it comes to oil. The fact that one has to choose between several evil oil conglomerates such as the ghost of Standard Oil (Exxon-Mobil) or a company that promotes genocide (Shell), makes buying gas an ethical decision at all times.

Personally, I hope oil goes up so much that it causes the meek and stupid people to re-evaluate their bad driving habits. They'll probably just cry and scream and pout at the pump instead. Sheep.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

we have been paying way over the odds in the UK for too many years
My apologies for sounding bad here but my heart bleeds for you, we have been hearing for years how america has enjoyed stupid low prices for gas. not long ago US were paying around 30c a litre compared to our UK 60p litre. now hows that fair when it was a strong dollar to the pound
now that the litre is 1.30usd to the 1.31gbp a litre. look at the gap. it has caught up with you fast. yet the dollar to the pound is not half ?
this is what it has felt like in the UK for the last 8 years .... rant over ....
again my apologies for sounding bad but its about time its not just us UK brits getting a good pounding to get from a2b..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i suggest you fill up your tank and drive away. if you get arrested you tell the judge this is your form of non-violent peaceful social protest.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

um sorry but huhhhh?
i really have no idea what you on about im sorry but i don't see how this is relivent to me?????,.

if you could explain?.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

What you think i can ride my bicycle in the snow. Lol

Not everyone can just ride their bicycle to work especially 100km's to work i find that hard to believe and not true considering you'd have no time in between your work and sleep since you'd be traveling 50 or 100kms there and back every day

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
People should also know that our manufacturing capabilities of alternative energy is made possible do to fossil fuels.

Building roads, electric cars, large dams, large windmills, and solar panels are all made possible by the use of fossil fuels. Many of these have parts manufactured from by products of oil.

Being able to do maintenance and replace these things are depend on oil.

If you think your bike will keep you going without the need of oil, think again. What will you do when your rubber tier is worn down? Will you replace it with wood?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

Great idea....S&F for ya.....I think you should call your representatives, senators.....make an appointment and show them your plan/idea.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by karmajayne
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

um sorry but huhhhh?
i really have no idea what you on about im sorry but i don't see how this is relivent to me?????,.
if you could explain?.

I guess my point is that gas has to be cheap(er) because of the large, sometime vast distances to be traversed in the course of servicing a land of this size. I look at European countries as an example of smaller scale. Given that most of one's day to day activities would be confined...especially by language...to one's own country, there's only so far one has to go. I can only assume that our esteemed Kiwi cousins really don't need to drive that far, either. Tell me, is a daily commute of 50 to 100 klicks each way considered typical?

Besides...we do have an oil industry here, dirty as it is.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I agree with you to an extent, sure I would love the world to get off the oil. There are alternative energies out there, but being supressed by TPTB. We have to fight back any way we can, if we can fight them on the oil front by getting together for a common goal...gas, then when they see we mean business they may see that the people have had enough and will start to fight back on other issues as well. Don't get me wrong, I am still pissed about the Exxon-Valdez mishap a few years back.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Not the way to do it, you will just get charged for theft, but it may come to that.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

I will be sending it to a few local radio and tv stations, but why bother with any government help they will just laugh at us.I have no faith in any politician, it is the people that have to make the difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Come on everyone let's get this spread around,we start with gas, then we take to the streets to get the word out that we have had enough of being told what to do, how,and when to do it.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just bumping this up to give other people a chance to get in on the information.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well I guess people are still too comfortable with their X-Box, Reality TV,and nutritious MacDonalds food to give a damn about making any effort to stop TPTB, my bad for trying.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just a bump to try and keep this going, come on people we need to start somewhere.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Excellent post. I got the email not too long ago about not buying gas on a certain day and thought that it was ridiculous. You aren't taking any money away from the oil companies by doing this you are just changing which day you pay them! So then I thought it would make much more sense to only buy from the local gas bars (Frank's Gas Bar for example) as opposed to the big name companies...I was actually going to post a topic on this but found yours when I searched.

However, I am curious about this... even if everyone went along with this..would it really make any difference? We wouldn't be cutting back on the amount of gas we are buying...just changing gas stations...so the demand for oil would not be decreasing.

I will still buy from Frank anyway just in case it does make a difference!
edit on 21-4-2011 by islandpine because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join