It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gas Prices...maybe rest of the world!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

I am quite sure there are other forms of energy as well but IMO they are being held back by TPTB to keep us dependent on oil. WE have to make a stand somewhere and if we can get people together to start on one issue, and it works, perhaps we can take it to the man for a change.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
the rise in case prices has been foretold as a plan many times before
accurately
its a scam
as was the call pretending to be an executive telling an operator to raise his prices on the radio proved
as Lindsey Williams proved
the scammers have to be stopped or it will be pay pay pay
one way or the other, on multiple fronts.

get your own personal butt off gas
don't drink it don't snort it don't pass the tank around to your friends

don't use anything made from oil:
pharma, plastic, paints, condoms, electricity sometimes, etc

you aren't likely to change the world personally, but if you know oil is going up and we know it is:
DEAL with that NOW!
invest in what will be more valuable no matter what:
like food cotton things from "away"
get them NOW

or not

PS there is more "capped" oil IN NORTH AMERICA
than it would take to put the price down to 7 bucks a barrel
edit on 25-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

I bike all year round and one of my best friends does as well as he is a bike messenger.
No need for the name calling though so lets be nice and have a constructive discussion please.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I would love to get my "butt" off gas, but sometimes beans do that to you. LOL. But seriously,we have to start somewhere. If Lindsey Williams is correct, not saying he is, then oil may go as high as 200 per barrel. The motive behind the gas protest is to get people to start fighting back now. If we can make a difference on one issue, maybe we can push on other issues as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Don't get me wrong, I bike a lot in the nice weather as well, but I live in Canada, they don't make snowtires for bicycles.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

Some like mountain bikes but i prefer smaller tires as its easier to stay upright on ice.
My *winter* tires are actually slicks that are about the width of my thumb.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

well the deck is stacked against us as agroup
this method was proposed before by Webster Tarpley (I think) in regards to coka cola
he claimed that Coke was vulnerable and the shockwave through the system would scare the hell out of the PTB

so the idea might work.
the oil reserves that lindsey mentioed are easy to find
gull island the bakun (sp?) field...the montana coal reserves

bp put several billion into the tar sands last year
they need high prices to pay off
they let the trans alaska pipeline dekay to the point where it is rotting out in many places....
right there
there's your sign

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I found my mountain bike ( a trek) with front and rear suspension and mudders
is great most times as long as it isn't glare ice or deep snow

main thing:
my doctor wonders what I am doing to be in the shape I am for my age
knock wood
there are other benfits to not driving a car

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Amen...don't get me started about the tar sands.
Also...sorry OP if I dragged this off topic.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

LOL, ok so you have snow tires for your bike. Do you have side saddles as well to bring your kids with you as well?What do you do when you take the family with you, do you pull a trailer behind your bike as well? You must have a trailer so you can bring home your groceries, if you can afford them as well don't you?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If you think im so bad for driving my car to work because its so far why don't you start working on something to fix this 'gas' problem for us instead of blaming people who rely on it to get to work. BURNED

Where did I EVER say you were bad for driving your car? I drive to work as well. I have to it's too far.

Before you get all defense READ the post and learn how to post on here without attacking.

Don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I have a good bag for my groceries and I have no kids or family.
I do own a trailer but only used it once for a trip I did on my b-day.
I also have a good job and am fine moneywise...I live very well.
edit on 25-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: Was captured by aliens while riding my bike.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I personally think there are more then one reason why petrol prices are going up. It is not just because of our personal consumption of oil. But it is getting more costly to locate and extract the oil now than it was before.

For every barrel we extract we also consume a specific amount of barrels of oil to extract it. We still need to consume energy to harvest energy. When the energy consumption = Harvested energy, oil is no longer beneficial as a source of energy within economics.

I think we are getting close to the point where our consumption of oil is starting to = harvested oil.

This again is tied to our markets constant demand for exponential growth and more consumption of goods.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Not a problem, as long as we can keep it civil, and actually get people to try something like this it may be a start.The end result is what matters, getting people to fight back.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think the only way to cope with riding fuel prices is to do everything you can to reduce your need for fuel.

Obviously not everyone can start riding a bus or bicycle to work, but if you can, do it! I started walking to work about six months ago. It's a 45-minute walk each way. For the first few days I used to huff and puff and think I was dying, but now I walk it without even thinking about it. Since then I've dropped from 230 lbs to 190, and feel a lot healthier - and I'm saving at least $60 a month.

If you have to drive to work, you can still find ways to save gas and cheat the oil companies. Get a car with better mileage, car pool, combine shopping trips with your commute home from the office, etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I hear you, That is my favourite mode of transportation as well. I used to weigh over 300lbs, started getting a bad back. I was walking 15k a day and lost 80 lbs in just over 5 months, walking is the best way to health, but in order to get back on topic, the point behind this thread is to get people to start protesting somewhere about something in order to wake the people up to what is really going on in our world.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I think you hit the nail on the head with your post.
The financial motive does not match the humanitarian motive hence why an alternative should be what we should be looking for.
I might have made the choice to not have cars but I see my buddies whining about gas costs and its out of their control and effects their lives in a negative way which is why my opinion is what it is.
We need an alternative.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Sure alternative energy would be great if TPTB didn't hide it or make it way too expensive. We are being led to the slaughter the way we are going we have to make a change, start protesting, we have to hit the big corporations where it hurts.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
man it would be so great if people could get together and do what the op suggested.
but it's never gonna happen

i don't know why, but people are just to.. dumb? lazy? ..i dunno. something.
heck we could change the whole world if we banded together and acted as one on many issues.. but we dont, and we wont.
i don't honestly know why, my thinking is lazy ("well i could go to that gas depot, but then i have to go down there and turn around, come back this way..etc. nah i'll just go here. screw the ban")

so many in this day and age see some BS, and go "damn, that's totally not right.. oh well there's nothing i can do" and go along with it.

don't get me wrong, i totally wish we had the smarts to realize what we could achieve by coming together. the potential this species has. (i honestly wish greed and stupidity were terminal sometimes)
i just think it's never gonna happen.

you'll maybe get some, possibly even get a lot. but you'll NEVER get everyone. (i would be amazed if you even got a majority unfortunately)

*i'm in BTW, i just know already, it's gonna fail
edit on 25-3-2011 by Dude420 because: i are not gud spellerr

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why (retorical question) is that everything is allowed to evolve except those technologies that produce a profit for the elite?

The cars (safety bells and whistles aside) are still propelled by the same oil guzzling internal combustion engine.
The electicity is still being delivered by metered wire same as a century ago.
We are still forced to buy and sell using central bank fiat currancy.

edit on 25-3-2011 by ..5.. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join