It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Gas Prices...maybe rest of the world!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Mods, feel free to move this post if not in the right place, but It does have to do with oil...kind of. I got this in my e-mail this morning and thought this may be a good way to help curb gas prices.

" THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.00 PER LITRE.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 1.50 a litre by this summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas ..

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $.99 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.18 at SUNOCO and ESSO for regular unleaded in Hamilton and Ottawa and climbing every week.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $.87 to .99, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA) and ESSO.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA) and ESSO gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician But I am .. so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we
can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from SUNOCO(PETRO CANADA)/ESSO UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $.79 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK."

This idea could probably work world wide if given the right boost by the citizens of the world, it is time we start fighting back against big oil.
edit on 25-3-2011 by rogerramjett because: may work!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I actually hope gas becomes so unaffordable that we get a cleaner more environment friendly alternative demanded by the people.
Theres a reason people are fighting in Iraq and that crap needs to stop.
I will never own a car and will never become addicted to gasoline.
I know this post might rile people up a bit but I am just being honest.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Wish I could do without gas, but when you live 20 miles from your job you need it. I am all for saving Mother earth but we must make a stand somewhere. IF we can come together on one issue and fight back against the machine perhaps we can make a difference and turn our world back around.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You want people to die?

Our fuel makes our civilization possible and allows us to dominate nature. If it is too costly people will die.

Do you really want that to happen, kid?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Wake up to reality! You know how many people rely on gas to get to work and get supplies to live everyday

Did you really think we can just walk to work everyday!
edit on 25-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerramjett
This idea could probably work world wide if given the right boost by the citizens of the world, it is time we start fighting back against big oil.

I checked this out on Snopes ...www.snopes.com...
Bottom line? The only person that gets hurt is the service station operator.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I am not a kid sir.
I am in my 30's.
I like to think outside the box,its too bad others won't.
Do you want people to die so you can have gas?
It goes both ways doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

Wake up to reality! You know how many people rely on gas to get to work and get supplies to live everyday

Did you really think we can just walk to work everyday!
edit on 25-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

He is not insane.

We as a species rely on oil too much for our daily lives and look how many people are dying because of it and struggling just to pay their gas bills so to speak. Look at what we are doing to our planet...

There are other ways besides oil but god for bid those are used because then the rich wont get richer.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What is the world dependent on? OIL!!! If we can get the prices of gas back down, IMO it is a start. Once the people see that a simple protest as this can bring people together, perhaps we can come together with other things we want to change and start to get the power away from the real people behind the scenes.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

I have never relied on gas and I get to places just fine.
Why did they kill the electric car again??
Oh yes I forgot...it was an alternative to gas and was competition for the big oil corps.
edit on 25-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

No pain, no gain. It has to start somewhere.Are we not suffering enough ourselves? We are getting gouged everwhere, gas, food, health care, education....the list goes on. TPTB need to know that the people of the world are fed up and need to take matters into our own hands.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
People are dying every day.The main cause of death is STUPIDITY>
The bulk of us are too stupid to even organise as loosely as this suggestion,(Which calls for no brainer type co operation between us all.)
Surely Everyone who drives holding a legal drivers licence is smart enough to see that this REALLY COULD WORK>
Currently i am paying 1,22 per LITER for gas.
This works out to the sum of $ 5,45 Can =$6.64 US per can gallon.!!!
The paradox here being that the same Canadian gas is selling in the states for much cheaper, and they are still bitching!
We need to expand this campagn into world wide proportions, and target the worst offenders in each country collectively!
S+F!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
From a UK view we are paying around £1.80 a litre which would be around 2.8CAD or 2.9USD.

We've just one of the TWO budgets we get a year from the government and they reduced the price of fuel by 1p haha. Total joke. However they claim that they will 'cap' the price of fuel in the future and tax the oil companies more. We'll see how that one goes down with the big tycoons.

The problem is that they want you to use fuel. The public transport service here costs the same or even more than it would cost to run a car on fuel and they claim they wanted to reduce cars on the road but they widen the motorways and supply the councils with less money so they cant help the public transport. Plus they privatised the buses and trains here which was a huge mistake and now its turned into a monopoly but that's a totally different story.

Here's a link to the budget report from this year with the fuel 'cap' and raise the charge against the oil companies themselves. Would this work in Canada or America?

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 3/25/2011 by Drustew because: Added Link

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Thank You, at least one person sees where this could lead.If we start with gas,who knows where it can lead. Food,health care,education. The point is to get the people to come together and start pushing back.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The older cars will run on almost anything if the fuel were a bit more flexible and available that would bring down prices in a hurry. Wood alcohol can be made for around a buck gallon while it takes twice as much for a car to run on you can see that anything over 2$ a gallon is not a reasonable priced fuel.

But there aren't alcohol fuel stations, nor have we as a country been actively encouraging alternative fuel cars.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The paradox here being that the same Canadian gas is selling in the states for much cheaper, and they are still bitching!
S+F!!

Who are you to tell someone how they should complain and about what? Just because it's cheaper than what you pay doesn't mean the people here are less affected than you are. You pay more than us for everything! You have more taxes than we do in the states, dont you? Everytime I see something for sale the Canadian price is always higher.

The gas prices are ridiculous all over no matter where you live, it sucks esp when it's not what you are use to paying and it is a big portion of your monthly bill. I use to commute an hour to and from work and it cost me about 600 American dollars a month. It was more than my rent! I have since moved but gas prices are just as bad now. It's about $3.90 where I live which is too high. It may be low for others but you have to factor in the economy and other things in that price and what people are use to in the area.

When I started driving at 19 gas was .99 CENTS a gallon...

WTH happened!

It seems like everytime they can make money on gas prices they jack them up. It seems like a trend over the years...inflation at the best travel times. Idiots!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by XRaDiiX

I have never relied on gas and I get to places just fine.
Why did they kill the electric car again??
Oh yes I forgot...it was an alternative to gas and was competition for the big oil corps.
edit on 25-3-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

You logic is quite laughable you aren't everyone. Many people have to drive 30+km's to work everyday. *sigh*
Wheres the common sense?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

If you think im so bad for driving my car to work because its so far why don't you start working on something to fix this 'gas' problem for us instead of blaming people who rely on it to get to work. BURNED

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

My common sense has made me able to cycle 100 km,can you??
Although I indirectly do rely on gas for essentials like people transporting my food...I want an alternative to gas and not give the big corps my money.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join