It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus crucifixion thorn goes on display

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
A thorn claimed to be from the crown Jesus wore during his crucifixion has gone on display in Britain.

The relic has a long history, having been seized from Constantinople in 1200 AD and sold to King Louis IX of France while he was in Venice. Having spent the past 200 years in a school the thorn is now on display at the British Museum as part of a new exhibition, but is it really what it is claimed to be ?

It was plundered in the Fourth Crusade, sold to French royalty and has spent the past 200 years in safekeeping at a British public school. Now a relic claimed to be a thorn from Jesus's crown is to go on display at the British Museum

Link

edit on 25-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: Actual pics now!

edit on 25-3-2011 by grindhouzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
which one?

looks like the whole crown.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Good story..But no way..

The thorn crown is not laid softly on the head, it's wraped around.
The thorn's would be brokken and bent, this is to perfect to have been used.

But i am no expert, so it's just an opinion

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

Doesn't look 2000 years old to me .

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Found actual pics now guys...sorry took a few minutes!

Pretty interesting hmmmm

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Oh wow. Another useless tool to keep you slaves in believing that their is a God. Ha ha ha. Just remember your God you follow and worship is the only god through ancient text that asked for genital mutilation, human sacrifice, and killing in his name. No other so called gods (Aliens) ever asked for sacrifices. NEVER! BTW, your morning star you all worship is two people or maybe one in the same. Jesus is the fake morning star and Lucifer is the hebrew morning star. Be proud that you worship a fallen Angel (Anunnaki). His name is Marduk and he stole the show.

Jesus being nailed to the cross is a great reference that the Anunnaki remnants wanted to show their power here on earth. And by cracky they now own millions of you weak minds for their bidding. Start believing in the universal creator and not the mini gods (aliens) that gave you the Aliens to breathe life on this seed pool called earth.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ReaPErofSIN

Im actually an atheist, I just thought this was interesting....calm yourself

Im showing (what may be) evidence, weres your evidence of Mardok hmmm

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Like most religious relics, it's highly probable that it's a fake. There's no proof it belonged to Jesus. Hell, there isn't even any physical proof that Jesus existed! And before someone thumps me with their bible, faith does not constitute proof!

IRM

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have just been reading about the theory of Jesus' life, and how bible is actually astro theology. Once I did researched on the subject, I found out about Amun Ra, who's life was a mirror image of Jesus, and he lived 3,000 years before him in Egypt. There is great information on Amun Ra, and planet Nibiru inside the sci-fi novel Kyirux II: The Hidden History. It's website is www.krsnovels.com

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by authorpress

I have heard about and also agree with this theory, and that Jesus being the sun, is mearly the ACTUAL sun being reborn on the 25th of december as it shifts one degree north after the winter solstice, residing in the constellation of the Crux or southern cross, with the three kings or Orions belt aligning with the point of the suns rise....simply astrotheological literary hybrid.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Youre probably right!
Interesting that people would go to such lengths to preserve a worthless twig tho....
Makes you wonder.....why??

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The middle ages were rife with religious 'relics.' A thumb bone of this saint, a lock of hair of that apostle, a piece of the cross, dirt from the tomb of Jesus. Unfortunately, it turned out that some saints had hundreds of thumbs, some apostles were quite woolly - judging the amount of hair, the cross must have been the size of a forest, and that was some cave to give up that much dirt. The uneducated and uninformed of the time got hustled.
I have no reason to believe this is any different.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
The thorn's would be brokken and bent, this is to perfect to have been used.

Yes because every single thorn would be broken off the ring?...
Even if they all were... Someone obviously picked one up.

Originally posted by grindhouzer
I have heard about and also agree with this theory, and that Jesus being the sun, is mearly the ACTUAL sun being reborn on the 25th of december as it shifts one degree north after the winter solstice, residing in the constellation of the Crux or southern cross, with the three kings or Orions belt aligning with the point of the suns rise...

I see you watched Zeitgiest, Chapter 1.
GREAT story.
edit on 25-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by authorpress
I have just been reading about the theory of Jesus' life, and how bible is actually astro theology. Once I did researched on the subject, I found out about Amun Ra, who's life was a mirror image of Jesus, and he lived 3,000 years before him in Egypt. There is great information on Amun Ra, and planet Nibiru inside the sci-fi novel Kyirux II: The Hidden History. It's website is www.krsnovels.com

I have read the same thing!

I found it very interesting. I found a documentary last year on youtube about it and it was really informative I have always been fascinated by the Ancient Egyptians and their beliefs.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am a Christian... this holds no value or interest to me. Any real Christian would care less about relics and other nonsense. The reality of what Jesus did is far more real to us than anything physical He may have touched or left behind. This goes for so called magical relics as well... lol holy grail, spear or robes included... oh and that shroud thing too... A real Christian would not put value on these things. I think historically these were sold even before the so called crusades to the tourists... just like they are today.

I would not hang this in my dog house. (if i had a dog)

Nothing to see here... move along.

PS on another note... am I the only one seeing the multitude of spelling mistakes all over ATS in thread titles and posts... and now I just noticed one on the POST A REPLY page...

Respect: Give credit where credit is due, please do not paste entire pieces content from other sites, privide a short salient snippet and link to the source.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Your right haha!
It does make sense!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
PS... these things do make good props for Hellboy movies however. LOL

Melt down the gold... sell off the jewels... give the money to the poor, throw the thorn out the window.

Sorry to others if this seems like a strange concept... I currently live in Ireland and they have a jewel encrusted head in a box two towns over. Seriously. They are keeping the thing like its a holy relic like that thorn... it is supposed to be
Head in a box... Wiki links

This guy did more in his life than that thorn did... but personally I don't think either belong on display.
If I ever do great exploits I hope to God that they don't keep my socks on display next to my severed thumb.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Nice artwork, it would seem the vatican has had a slip in membership and has decided this is the best tool to use in this membership drive.
Well im not buying it.
There is no proof a guy named Jesus ever existed outside of Mexico anyway, but they expect us to buy this whole story too?
I enjoyed fairy tales when i was a babe but i am old and broken now and i found out santa does not exist.
I would love to be able to swallow the blue pill and get back my security but, this is the pill i have chosen and i will ride the rabbit hole as far as it goes.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Op only had the picture of the crown, at first. I commented on that picture being the relic, and he later put up the other pictures of the real relic, the thorn.

My first comment look stupid now, cause of that.
But i will live with that

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How can you have a crown of thorns from a person that never existed? What matters is the thought not the man.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join