It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calender 2012 Wrong Apocalyps Started 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

I would have to agree. Everything that is happening now, Japan,birds and fish dieing, etc... all leading up to something big when 2012 hits. I feel Japan is going to be uninhabitable and with everything going on in every day life this whole world is beginning to be intolerable. Something needs to be done, changes need to be made.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can honestly say that I can not believe nor can I not believe the whole 2012 theory. However, supposing it is true, I see 2011 as the first wave of what is to climax in 2012. Again that is supposing the 2012 theory is true.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

all that math has been done to everyones exhaustion...the 'new' correlation is just a persons
grasping at their 15 minutes of fame...(imho)

Important Material here: www.dartmouth.edu...

The current Maya calendar 'Long Count' began 13 August 3114 BCE

the correlating of the Maya/Olemic timeline with our present calendar timeline...
was reckoned by the Trio: Goodman-Martinez-Thompson in the years 1905-1926-1927 & 1935

the 'long count' is exactly 1,872,000 solar days long...which calculates the last day being
23 December 2012

As far as any 'alignment' with the galaxy center, the dark rift area.... planeteriums have
run visual models of that day and have found the Sun rising some 6 degrees south of the Rift

BUT....and its a big But.... with all the recent axis tilting earthquakes of Indonesia in 2004 &
Japan in 2011...it remains to be seen if we have more axis moving quakes that could make
the Solar alignment move that 6 degress North and align with the galaxy dark rift by the 2012
equinox date...

ATS'ers ...Kindly read the PDF from Dartmouth University in the link provided to enlighten yourselves
about 2012/Maya end-date
Thanks
edit on 25-3-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

Look into October 28th, 2011.
***End Transmission***

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
My post taken from another 2012 thread
I give up trying to talk sense into people about 2012 ,most people need some kind of drame/impending doom scenario to keep them charged up ,other wise the dullness of real life sinks in and they might actually have to live in the here and now aka reality . Most people are now info junkies who need constant stimulation and like most drugs ,the more they get the more they need to reach the same altered state ,hence why the stories and theories get progressively darker and more absurd until they ..........burn out ,stupid is what stupid does .

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

i agree fully...i believe that the world will forever be changed and i personnaly think that we might have to go through some very bad things but for those who make it through through the following months that they will bevmuch stronger in mind and spirit...and the world will become better for it

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

There are some stinging comments in the Dartmouth article.

would seem that Jenkins has advanced our understanding of the Maya from the sublime
to the ridiculous.

While I cannot spare the conclusions of
such shoddy “research” my professional condemnation, I have purposely chosen not to
identify the titles of Jenkins’ offending publications, lest the resultant publicity
contribute to his increased commercial gain – realizing, of course, that he is neither the
first nor the last who has sought to profit from “science fiction.”

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sydney is going to be hit by a large earthquake this year I feel it coming. I already saw 10 years ago in a dream a large tsuwhami smacking Sydneys beaches. At the time in the dream I was studying at a University near the beach and saw the dark black line getting bigger and bigger. I ran into a dormitory and water came in as I hung onto book shelves seeing students washed away. Now I fear studying at University as It may come true so Im staying ignorant and stupid

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hey Stereo,

By your understanding are you saying that new fault lines are impossible to form? Granted the current configuration has stayed relatively the same for as long as we've known I can't discount the possibility of stresses from a larger plate creating more fault lines and plate partitions from the duress a smaller plate could be squeezed between others. Please explain why a worldwide earthquake is impossible. Often times when an earthquake's epicenter is revealed people have found that earthquake was felt half way around the world just at a much less degree. So with that wouldn't one be able to surmise that multiple maximum Richter Scale EQ's could go off simultaneously causing mass destruction throughout a major portion of the planet?

Also I disagree with your statement that EQ and volcanic eruptions are not increasing. Many sources (don't ask where because I've been hearing it all the time) are stating that we're in one of the most active time periods we've ever seen since the 1800's or something. That doesn't mean to say Yellowstone is going to go but you have to admit that having 3-5 extremely large EQ's within a couple months of each other is a little more than the norm. Not to mention a ton of once dormant or inactive volcano's have been suddenly "waking up". Look at September - November of last year with almost every volcano between the Indo-Australian, Philippine and Indian plate becoming active. The New Zealand quake and the Japan disaster were all within 4-5 months of this happening. We haven't seen activity like that in a long time.

I realize that this post seems like fear mongering but I do not intend for it to be that way. I am just trying to make a point that in my opinion and based on some sources we are in a highly active time for our Earth that WE have not seen for a very long time. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT WE ARE DOOMED. These are natural cycles for the earth and it will level out.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

There are no known cases of people being able to accurately predict earthquakes via dreams or any other means. Even the experts in the field are unable to make earthquake predictions. That is just the state of the art today. It may change. I wouldn't be too worried about a quake in Sydney because of a dream.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

By your understanding are you saying that new fault lines are impossible to form?

Absolutely not. New fault lines are discovered because either they are new or they went undiscovered.

Please explain why a worldwide earthquake is impossible.

Maybe I don't understand what you mean by a worldwide quake. A quake has an epicenter. Are you suggesting a new type of event in which everywhere begins to shake and there is no epicenter? Or maybe you are suggesting that the earthquakes all happen at the same time and are spaced out say every 50 or 60 miles? Quakes are detected far away, but are not felt far away - certainly not half way around the Earth.

Consider the recent Japan quake. It was felt as far away as Beijing. That's pretty far, but not halfway around the world.
Japan Quake

So with that wouldn't one be able to surmise that multiple maximum Richter Scale EQ's could go off simultaneously causing mass destruction throughout a major portion of the planet?

Not really. Feeling a quake is not the same as destruction. Destruction depends on the magnitude of the quake, the construction, and the ground under the structure. With those issues a quake epicenter on the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada in California can do little damage there, but farther away damage can occur in Sacramento.

... but you have to admit that having 3-5 extremely large EQ's within a couple months of each other is a little more than the norm./quote]
If events are in some sense random it is normal to see apparent clusters. If events were evenly spread out then it certainly would be odd.

Not to mention a ton of once dormant or inactive volcano's have been suddenly "waking up". Look at September - November of last year with almost every volcano between the Indo-Australian, Philippine and Indian plate becoming active.

I do not believe that all sorts of volcanoes are becoming active. That is simply not true. Indonesia is composed of 13,777 islands all of volcanic origin. You can't seriously be claiming that "almost every volcano" is "waking up." That's just not happening.

What I see in your post is that volcanic eruptions and quakes are newsworthy today. Consider the Japan quake. Many of the aftershocks were not reported in the news. They were probably newsworthy themselves, but were dwarfed by the big quake and tsunami and power plant issues. The news is not a good place to get info on quake rates. In the US there are many powerful quakes that never make the news. The reason is that they hit the Aleutians, which is sparsely populated.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Good information. I do appreciate your honest opinion and take on things. I guess maybe I just started paying attention to what's going on in the world. I was referring to a quake epicenters forming in near clusters of each other but regardless I do think that the EQ's and volcanic activity if not becoming active in actuality is nothing more than sensationalism by the media which is not good considering that IS where most people get their information. I try not to watch it as much as possible with exception to major happenings but it seems as though recently there have been an odd rise in the number of Major happenings.

My personal belief on the 2012 apocalypse deal is that something will happen but it won't be natural. There will be too many people that believe something is supposed to happen and people are so nuts that someone is going to MAKE it happen. Whatever IT is. Otherwise it will just be another day in another year etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

The news is a business and as all businesses must do - they must make a profit. Quakes and volcanoes that are big may not make the news unless they are costly in terms of human life or money. How many people remember the destruction on Montserrat? A thriving island community was shutdown and over half of the people permanently left the island. As other events come into play stories like Montserrat are forgotten. How many people have already forgotten the earthquake in Indonesia or Haiti?
Montserrat

top topics

<< 1   >>

join