It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So.. I'm trying to Astral Project..My Thoughts so far and Any Advice??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hi All,

FYI: Mods i posted this not to long ago in the Philosophy and Metaphysics Forum but i havent had much responce. At the time of posting i debated whether to post it here or in there. So i have decided to re-post here, i hope that is ok.

From what i have read and from desciptions about other experiances i seem to be stuck right before the moment you a person can project.

First of all i will give a little history on my past attempts and also on some reading i have done.

This topic isnt new to me, i have always had an interested in the paranormal and similar topics. About 5 years ago i hired an excellent book from the local library, i think it was called '' A Guide to Astral Projection'' and i cant remember the author but i do remember the cover was pretty plane and was white in colour...

Anyways, so i started to read and became very interested in the subject and the book was very helpfull in preparing yourself. It covered topics such as;

Beleif vs Doubt
Concentration and techniques
Will power
Positive Affirmations and thought
Techniques on doing the Astral Projection ( Relaxtion and clearing the mind, goals etc )

etc
etc

So i started off by thinking positively and taking all doubt out of my mind. This lasted for a couple of weeks and at the same time doing concentration excercises ( which involved a candle and techniques similar to meditation )

I got to the point where i felt ready to attempt it, nothing much happened the first week or two. I was still trying to mentally prepare myself, removing doubt and fear of the expericance.

Although then things started to get really interesting.

I was trying everynight before bed and up untill this point i would either fall asleep or was tired and had lost patience.

''The sensation is almost impossible to desrcibe, it's almost like a very rough vibration, but not pysically - more mentally. It actually felt like my head was a see-saw or ( teeter-totter ) going up and down very quickly. My body was very numb, similar to a hynosis type of feeling ( you are still aware but not totally )''

This one night i was doing the relaxtion exercises to relax my entire body and then start to clear my mind and focus on only the projection but more specifically my heart beat. ( that may not make sense unless you have read up on Astral Projection techniques )

After about 5-10 minutes I started to get the strangest feeling thgrough my body but mostly my head or brain. The sensation is almost impossible to desrcibe, it's almost like a very rough vibration, but not pysically - more mentally. It actually felt like my head was a see-saw or ( teeter-totter ) going up and down very quickly. My body was very numb, similar to a hynosis type of feeling ( you are still aware but not totally )

The first couple of times this happened, it startled me and i lost the feeling and after reading from the book this was a fear reaction to the feeling or a result of losing concentration.

This was a along time ago, within the past couple of months i have been trying to prepeare myself to try again with relaxtion, concentration and just overall being prepared again.

Lastnight i began to feel that same strange feeling and cannot get past it. It either continues with nothing further or it fades out.

Can anyone give me some advice on what i am doing wrong?

I do also remember reading in the book that as a beginner the hardest part is actually seperating from the body, i think perhaps subconciously i am worried that instead of moving my Astral self i will move my physical body and stop the expericance....

I have to say though for any doubters or skeptics of the issue that enter the discussion, the strange sensation i mentioned makes me think im on the right track, it is something i have never felt before or since and only during my attempts to Astral Project. The closest thing i could relate it to is this; have you ever been awaked very suddenly and had the strangest sensation of falling? It's very strange and very rare ( well to me ) it's not exactly the same but kinda similar..

So any help or advice??

edit on 25-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The best advice I can possibly give you is to completely relax. Relaxation is most important. Second, make sure no one is going to wake you up while out, thus dragging you back and slamming you back into your body. Going out for the night? Inform the wife/husband beforehand. I use soft music most times to get relaxed, but an ambient sounds will help to mask background noises and help you to concentrate.

Learn how to form a corporal "body" for you to ride in. Feel the energy rise from you to form this body, about two feet above your head, facing you. See this, and put as much energy into it as you possibly can. This is your vehicle. Corporal body formed? Great. Transfer your consciousness into the corporal body, a little at a time. Don't worry enough will be left to animate your human body while you are gone. When you are in the false body you have formed, turn over and go. Think of a place, and you can go there. When finished, think "Home," and you will be transported back to your sleeping body. Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Have you done it before?

The feeling i described, is that related to the experiance?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Have you done it before?

The feeling i described, is that related to the experiance?

I too have just started attempting to astral projext through meditation, and this sounds exactly like my problem. My closest attempt was when I meditated for at least an hour, concentrating on my breathing and relaxation/clearing my mind. After a while of visualizing the energies of my body, relaxing every part of my body inch by inch, I felt as if I couldn't move if I tried. This was when things started to get weird, and I felt as if I was spinning or falling; my bed was no longer underneath me. Then, while attempting to lift myself out of my body, I felt an intense vibration but failed, and to my disappointment, I actually physically got up.

Is this similar to your experiences? Is there anyone that can give any advice?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

That's almost exactly the same!!

I just can't get past that point. From what have read that is the point where you should life your arm or leg etc. some people say the roll-over technique is good, to move like your rolling out of bed. But i hesitate becuase i still get caught up with my physical body and worry that ill move my arm and have to start all over again..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
For me it's like I am in a tunnel, and the walls of the tunnel are going around. At first this made me very dizzy, but not anymore. I am always sitting down, so I stand up. The tunnel looks as if it is made of rings placed close together, the rings are soft, and stepping on them causes no discomfort, and I do not really feel it. Once this has been accomplished, you are within the Ether. Look around and get your bearings. Be aware, every being human though forms have created is there. Santa, Elves, Jesus, you get the picture. Do not fear these beings. They feed off your fear, if you are not afraid, they will not bother you at all. After a few times, they will recognize you. I have been many places, other worlds, spacecraft, other dimensions. It's a big universe out there.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

That's where my experiance so far.. is abit different, i have that strange feeling but when it comes to sight i see nothing. It's still dark in my room and my eyes are closed. No special visions as such, but perhaps you are past my point in the process. Although i am sure the experiance for each person would be slightly different.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Why try to do something that will happen when we die

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shroudnews77

Learning and knowledge while we are alive.

That would be a good start...........

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by shroudnews77
Why try to do something that will happen when we die

To be better prepared for when the time comes. For instance, at the point I'm at in my progress in meditation, if I were to die, I fear my spirit would be wandering...most likely until some outside force intervened and helped me become more aware to better perceive the world around me. Basically, I don't want to get stuck in the black void that makes up most of my sleeping time.
reply to post by Havick007

Same here. I get so nervous that the time I've taken to meditate will backfire when I feel like I'm close to reaching astral projection. This is probably what's blocking me from progressing any further. I'm glad there's someone who's in the same position as me (although I hope you will reach the next level).

Meditating for such a length and not succeeding is really discouraging, not to mention it kills my patience.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by noworldorder2012

Yeah patience is my problem as well. I want it to happen now!! lol but yeah i feel like im so close but just cant get over that bump.. so to speak.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I tossed up a quick overview on this - mainly due to someone posting here that he was taking one of those weird designer drugs you can get online to astral around. I figure that if you know what's happening, then you can tailor your efforts better. Here's the link.

reply to post by NorEaster

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Leave this alone. Astral projection is not something to be toyed with. This is something that should only come natural by assistance to the activation of the pineal gland (the third eye). I suggest that you stop where you are or you will have great consequences my friend.
edit on 25-3-2011 by DanecaGMallette because: punctuation and gramar errors

join