It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima reactor#3 (MOX) Possible core breach...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
the MOX fueled reactor may have popped... once more, TSHTF in Japan

www.cbsnews.com...

TOKYO - A suspected breach in the reactor core at one unit of a stricken Fukushima nuclear plant could mean more serious radioactive contamination, Japanese officials said Friday, revealing what may prove a major setback in the mission to bring the leaking plant under control.

edit on Fri Mar 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Does this mean it's a meltdown.

Is this what happened in Chernobyl?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Man, they keep going back and forth. Yesterday didn't Edano say there was no breach with reactor 3 in one of his updates? (Despite the fact that two workers stepped in a puddle of highly radioactive water while working in reactor 3). Then today, there's a crack in 3 again. This is starting to look like "the boy who cried wolf."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by arufon

And to think many of these people on ATS were gloating and bleeting like sheep that things were going to be ok they were saying yes my professor said this and that and this and this could never happen oh no. But look now the SHTF this is happening nuclear meltdown core breach will reach the other planets CHAIN REACTION.... evacuate japan island. This is serious folks

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

I will agree that there are those on ATS,that believe this will all pass,There are more on ATS that know,and have done the research to Really know,there is a serious problem.

Radiation exposure 10,000 times normal for 3 workers isnt something ANYONE can hide.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arufon

Qoute from Pime minister Naoto Kan. source www.cbsnews.com...

Several countries have halted some food imports from areas near the plant.

May not be good for the incomes of the local farmers, but i would hope my country is one of the several.
what do you think the chances of contaminated foods being exported from Japan are?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
LOL, again???
Wasn't this same topic posted yesterday?
Ok but tomorrow i get to post about a possible breach.
Once again, when something blows up....not blows steam, please lemme know.
Until then all of the rest is just a waste.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
LOL, again???
Wasn't this same topic posted yesterday?
Ok but tomorrow i get to post about a possible breach.
Once again, when something blows up....not blows steam, please lemme know.
Until then all of the rest is just a waste.

So can we IM you when a great big mushroom cloud goes up?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by arufon

Oh some more good news about the Fuk nuk plant.......
Im just stoked that the window is blow west and not south to aus! but surely this stuff is going to be in the pacific ocean?? Hope I dont have too cancel my fishing charter I have booked in a months time.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Yes, that would be fine, if it involves the structure falling to the ground or at least the containment facility with a real proveable breach.
When i say breach, i don't mean cause fox said so, i mean peoples faces melting godzilla and cthulu battling on the mountain top.
These facilities have been in a "Melt Down" since the quake.
Every day there is a new report of the beast growing another tooth.
Yet this beast has yet to bite.
(Edit)
Keep in mind i live in the Kalifornia valley, so im on the "Forefront" of the disaster just after Japan.
So i will warn anyone and everyone to the right of me when i start to glow and feel sick, i promise.
edit on 25-3-2011 by g146541 because: to edit...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

would the building need to collapse and peoples faces start melting off thought lol (sorry just had a cheesey horror movie moment) cant it melt down without the building going up or a big explosion or am I wrong? I understand what you're saying and for the most part I agree. I'm tired of hearing the back and forth and the sensationalism and while I don't think its being represented as serious as it is for the people of Japan...I'm still pretty sure even if it does go it's not going to make the west coast glow in the dark. I somehow don't think every single expert in the country has been bought by the government quite honestly.

I'd like to know if it does though.

Its not going to interfere with my daily life though, i'll keep going outside lol i have a job and as of yet calling in sick because of radioactive fall out is not going to be accepted lol

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Believe me, if they are reporting a problem, that means there is a BIG PROBLEM!!! They keep everything under wraps until it HAS to be reported. RUN RUN RUN AWAY

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

but....they haven't though
they keep saying "oh this might have happened" and then they go back on it the next day so...it is a bit like the boy who cried wolf. If you're going to report a problem...and if in fact it is a huge problem, have the balls to stick with it and commit to it instead of all this abck and forth...its very frustrating to keep trying to interpret the situation when there's no straight answers either way

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"If one millionth of a gram is ingested it can cause cancer."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As much as I like Michio Kaku, at times he is a media whore.

Plutonium is not the most toxic known, not even close.

russp.org...

edit on 25/3/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onyx718

I agree 100% with you, but it doesn't matter if the problem is big or not. We the American people have the right to know what is going on, and never get a straight answer until "their" answer is politically correct.

Just think about the answers we get about situations, now how would you feel if you lived in Japan with no answers at all?? Radiation is safe.....Oh no the next day, radiation is 1,000 times normal.....Next day it's safe again....Next day 1,600 times normal....so on and so on......Just come out and say, if you live in Japan, get the EFF out of there or you will die from radiation, how hard is it to at least give people fair warning??
edit on 3/25/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: b

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ats has been warning people for a week , heck even most western governments tried to warn people a lil while ago ..

This was all over a long time ago, and i commend the men and women that have fought in hazards beyond your wildest dreams to save as much of a country that they can ....

I said it at the start and will say it again , This IS and WILL be the worst industrial Nuclear disaster the planet has ever seen..

If you're close , run now , take your children and loved ones only and Run... The government of japan has been proved to be 'Down playing' the situation .. and i bet in their hearts they thought they could stop it .. they can't and anyone getting close enough to try is recieving radiation of epic levels...

I hope as a species we learn something from this , my thoughts go out to all close , all involved , or those with loved ones involved.

good luck Japan..

QS

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

I agree totally.

I think its ridiculous that they can't give a straight answer until they're good and ready to or until the very last minute. While of course being concerned (without being terribly panicked just yet) about the west coast and the rest of the world I feel the worst for the people of Japan to have to be given the run around when they are the ones that are going to be directly effected the worst. Its sad and it's just not right. I know I would have been out of there the day stuff started exploding jsut to be sure.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Is this a good start?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i just so a bird in the vwieu .wath the f

top topics

join