It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So.. I'm trying to Astral Project..My Thoughts so far and Any Advice??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi All,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in this forum or in Paranormal - both seemed fitting but i decided to place it here.

From what i have read and from desciptions about other experiances i seem to be stuck right before the moment you a person can project.

First of all i will give a little history on my past attempts and also on some reading i have done.

This topic isnt new to me, i have always had an interested in the paranormal and similar topics. About 5 years ago i hired an excellent book from the local library, i think it was called '' A Guide to Astral Projection'' and i cant remember the author but i do remember the cover was pretty plane and was white in colour...

Anyways, so i started to read and became very interested in the subject and the book was very helpfull in preparing yourself. It covered topics such as;

Beleif vs Doubt
Concentration and techniques
Will power
Positive Affirmations and thought
Techniques on doing the Astral Projection ( Relaxtion and clearing the mind, goals etc )

etc
etc

So i started off by thinking positively and taking all doubt out of my mind. This lasted for a couple of weeks and at the same time doing concentration excercises ( which involved a candle and techniques similar to meditation )

I got to the point where i felt ready to attempt it, nothing much happened the first week or two. I was still trying to mentally prepare myself, removing doubt and fear of the expericance.

Although then things started to get really interesting.

I was trying everynight before bed and up untill this point i would either fall asleep or was tired and had lost patience.

''The sensation is almost impossible to desrcibe, it's almost like a very rough vibration, but not pysically - more mentally. It actually felt like my head was a see-saw or ( teeter-totter ) going up and down very quickly. My body was very numb, similar to a hynosis type of feeling ( you are still aware but not totally )''

This one night i was doing the relaxtion exercises to relax my entire body and then start to clear my mind and focus on only the projection but more specifically my heart beat. ( that may not make sense unless you have read up on Astral Projection techniques )

After about 5-10 minutes I started to get the strangest feeling thgrough my body but mostly my head or brain. The sensation is almost impossible to desrcibe, it's almost like a very rough vibration, but not pysically - more mentally. It actually felt like my head was a see-saw or ( teeter-totter ) going up and down very quickly. My body was very numb, similar to a hynosis type of feeling ( you are still aware but not totally )

The first couple of times this happened, it startled me and i lost the feeling and after reading from the book this was a fear reaction to the feeling or a result of losing concentration.

This was a along time ago, within the past couple of months i have been trying to prepeare myself to try again with relaxtion, concentration and just overall being prepared again.

Lastnight i began to feel that same strange feeling and cannot get past it. It either continues with nothing further or it fades out.

Can anyone give me some advice on what i am doing wrong?

I do also remember reading in the book that as a beginner the hardest part is actually seperating from the body, i think perhaps subconciously i am worried that instead of moving my Astral self i will move my physical body and stop the expericance....

I have to say though for any doubters or skeptics of the issue that enter the discussion, the strange sensation i mentioned makes me think im on the right track, it is something i have never felt before or since and only during my attempts to Astral Project. The closest thing i could relate it to is this; have you ever been awaked very suddenly and had the strangest sensation of falling? It's very strange and very rare ( well to me ) it's not exactly the same but kinda similar..

So any help or advice??

edit on 25-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I've been trying astral projection also.

I've never managed it, but I have had very strange sensations.

I've read about 10 different books on AP and what you're saying about the vibrations supposedly means you're almost there. I have these sensations of spinning or floating, but I can't see to actually project. I've also been able to see through my closed eyelids for a few seconds, until I realized that I my eyes were actually closed and then it went black again.

The sensations can be disturbing, but after a few tries you get used to them and can relax even though you're spinning and feeling pulled, pushed, squeezed etc.

A method I remember that was recommended was that once you get the vibrations you imagine a ball or a box or something floating above you. Then pull it towards you and at the same time imagine you are moving towards it. Then push it back and forward a few times till you feel yourself moving towards it. Then one big push to pull yourself out of the body.

I'm confident it is real. I even heard that the CIA was using it for spying and I have a book from one professor, who is well respected, saying that he was part of a team who were using it for spying.

I also had a dream where I APed. It was only a dream but seemed very real. Lots of the books I read said that when you dream of flying or APing you are actually doing it for real, but it is confused into the dream.

-sign

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

I think it's tricky as well because as soon as you lose concentration, it stops you.

As you said, when you realised you you could see through your eyes it went back again so it may have just been loss of concentration.

I have read it wont happen straight away and can take some time. I get fustrated because the sensations i was feeling were so strange and new to me i knew it must have been related to what i was doing but i cant get past that point.

Some online info i have read pretty much sez that you will know when you can seperate from your body. But i get caught up and lost in that sensation, it can actually be quite euphoric for a moment
but it cant get passed it. Definatly no floating from my bed etc.

Also in regard to dreams i remember back when i first started to do it, i started to have very strange dreams, although i cant say for sure it was related but yeah strange dreams about being in my room and the feeling of others around me. There was one that actually woke me up one night because i thought someone was touching my lower abdominal area, the feelingwas like pressure and almost like a knot in my stomach.

It might have just been a strange dream and unrelated though...

Edit;

ha i gave you your first Star!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My advice is, dont do it. You are messing with beings that are far more evil than you could ever be.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

All the personal stories i have read on the issue are quite contrary to that... if anything there is much to be learnt from the experiance..

These being may be there but they cannot harm you physically..

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I don't think that's the case. Everything I read about it, by people who could actually do it, says that you are not in any danger. Sometimes it can be scary, but that's only your fear, not that you are actually in danger.

There can be aggressive beings, but these are not evil, only ignorant. There is no such thing as an intelligent evil being, because all intelligent beings know that it is worthwhile to be nice. Only ignorant beings do nasty things.

But since we as humans are already higher than them, they can't hurt us.

How can your spirit be hurt?

Only your body can be hurt, and here we are already in this dangerous world. Astral projection is not more dangerous than crossing the street.

-sign

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I would think that when one leaves his body, is like leaving your front door open. You are going to have unwanted guest in your body.

Before you do it. Read about the bad experiences first.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i have been looking into this for awhile now. im not very diciplined so i havnt gotten very far at all. most of my experiences where i have gotten close seem to have happened on their own. a couple times i have gotten to where my whole body is vibrating. once i got half way out of my body. i was laying on my side and my spirit body was pulling up. I could 'see' the astral world, I still felt the vibration and i heard sounds that are hard to explain. It was pretty awesome. it didnt last long and my sprirt pulled back into my body. I havnt had any experiences since but i havnt actively persued it. It seems to me that the trick is being able to let go of the physical world. there are so many distractions and so much of our society keeps us concerned with the physical world. Fear is also a factor in this. at least for me. once i overcome my fear i am sure i will make more progress.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
From my understanding you are not literally leaving your body. Your body is only for you and will only work for you. It's called astral projection. You are projecting your awareness outside of your body, but you are not really leaving your body with no spirit inside it. So nothing can possess your body in this way.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VortiganX

From what i have read, it can take awhile before you get anywhere or actually Astral Project.

It all comes down to being prepared and making sure you remove all doubt and fear from your mind, which can sound easy but it can actually be quite difficult on a subconcious level.

If you feel any fear or doubt whatsoever it will not work. Although i am only going by what others have written so i cant offer that as fulproof advice.

I just had a google search and this site had some really good tips ( no money or buying of goods required
)

Astralvoyage.com - Beginners Guide
( i am not affiliated with or endorce the content of this site )

It is very similar to the original book i read about 5 years ago, although it does not go into as much detail...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

Very true, you are also still connected to your body. I guess you could say in a Metaphysical way.

In some personal stories i have read, people often talk about there physical body being disturbed by something, like a partner rolling over in bed or noises etc and that draws your astral self back to yuor body, almost in an instant.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think i might have found the book that i originally used, although there are probably many more and better versions, this one was helpfull to me.

I first wrote that the book had a white cover but i may have been wrong, after looking at this book and cover it is familar to me. Remember it was 5-6 years ago....

www.thenile.com.au...

I tired to search the online catalogue of my library but it didnt come up, they may have lost the book. To be honest i wish i had of kept it and paid the $30 charge, it would have been worth it... Morally?? hmm not so much lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

But it would not be farfetched to believe that if there is something projecting and wherever that may take place there are other spirits which can track down the source of that projection and start messing with it for whatever reason. Maybe it's something like me using a flashlight to shine into some complete strangers livingroom and peeking inside and then whoever lives there gets all upset. Ofcourse if OP is certain he is projecting in(to?) some safe place where there are surely no visitors allowed then this does not apply.
edit on 25/3/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Well as i said in my OP, i dont think it's actually happened yet. The feeling i decribed is the only strange or different thing i have felt.

It's almost like being weightless but only my head or conciousness... my body goes a little bit tingly and numb ( similar to hynosis ) i'm still aware and in control but..um not if that makes sense?? If you have ever been hynotised you will know what i mean.

But i have never floated or felt actually seperate from my physical body. I have to admit the vibrating or see-saw type feeling is very strange and as i said in a previous post it's almost euphoric!

But i cannot get past that point so far.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I tossed up a quick overview on this - mainly due to someone posting here that he was taking one of those weird designer drugs you can get online to astral around. I figure that if you know what's happening, then you can tailor your efforts better. Here's the link.

reply to post by NorEaster

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I believe it has more to do with increasing your vibratory frequency (which i think can only be done by changing your habits). I have very recently started remembering things pertaining to this subject that have happened since my childhood.

Here's my latest experience:

First let me give a little background. I have had OOB experiences my whole life. I always looked at it as nothing more than transferring my consciousness. My 10 year old daughter has experienced this since she was 5.

For us it seems to be characterized, in the waking hours, by having an adrenaline rush and strong desire to hide from certain individuals. Not in the sense of being afraid, but as sort of a thrill seeking game that just overwhelms you.

I began my lucid dream flying or levitating. As I was approaching a populated area I got the feeling I was being followed. I accelerated my pace and landed by what seemed to be a library or museum. I had a metal box with a radioactive rating on it. The guard checked me out and asked me what the rating of the box was and I remember hoping that it was a 6 and not a 7. The guard thought it was strange that I didn't know the rating, but let me in when we both discovered it was a 6. I started cataloging artifacts and then I got the message to flee and hide because the person that was following me before was in the building. I assessed my body and realized I was only about 5 feet tall and really thin. This was not my normal body. I stashed the box and ran down a level looking for an exit or hiding place and decided to hide. As soon as I found a good spot I started to swoon and awoke in my bed in my own body.

I was brought back to my body with an adrenaline rush. Upon waking I was burning hot in my spine and soaked in sweat. My heart is healthy and beats very slowly, but this morning was beating over 600 beats a second! Actually, it was more like a vibration or frequency instead of a solid beat. Kinda scary, but comfortably numb at the same time. What WAS scary was the fact that my heart was vibrating at the same frequency as the cable box at the foot of my bed. (Which was off before I went to sleep.) Also there was a small dot between the minutes on the digital read out. I stayed awake about 45 min after this happened to document and kinda sort things out and the dot stopped and box went off at exactly midnight.

I instantly remembered that I had done a lot of missions like this one throughout my life and was kinda disappointed that I was not able to do it at will. I instantly hoped that I had not harmed anyone while doing this in the past and had the feeling that my conscious was somehow transferred to that other body.

This link bridges my experiences and may help. Hope to start a school of Metaphysics like this of my own some time.
Robert A Monroe Institute

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
*NOTE* I am not condoning the use of ecstasy for its definately a terrible drug.

My old roomate told me an experience he had while on the drug. I'll also let you know this is someone who never meditated prior to this. But the whole basis he had a buddy that was into meditation and they decided to try it on the drug. He claims to have astral projected on his first meditation experience. Now I can honestly believe him in this case just based on the fact I knew him as to not having a reason to lie on the subject. I wasn't even interested in spirituality at the time in fact. The subject just came out of a drug experience chat. He said that he was meditating but hovering over some unknown street in China. Kind of a bizarre story. Just thought I would add that tidbit. I would also like to know if there is anyone who has a similar experience such as this.

top topics

join