It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alchemy and The Philosopher's Stone is Real

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread, and i don't have a doubt that the author of the book is convinced about what he is writing about. I ALSO want to give kudos to the author since he does not seem to want any financial gain from releasing this book!

But i don't understand why no-one here is even remotely skeptical.

I know NOTHING about alchemy but as i understand those people interested in Alchemy are looking for things like the philosopher's stone, transmuting of the elements and (GULP!) curing of all diseases of mind and body FOR THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of years already - and correct me if i am wrong, up to this day with no success.

So..why is this book anything different than the countless attempts of alchemists in the middle-ages etc. trying to achieve this?

I only had time to quickly go over the book - and i can also see that if someone would go through all the hassles and make those stones - AND THEN IT DOES NOTHING, some could just point out some mistake has been made in the process etc...or it hasn't been multiplied enough...or is not pure enough etc.etc...in other words, some could always insist that the "recipe" is correct but blame the non functioning of the stone on the process?

As wonderful and miraculous and, yes, optimistic the book is...i'd would hope to see PROOF too and not get optimistic simply based on assumptions! (As said, thousands already tried this in the past, right?)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I didn't realize that this topic had been resurrected.

I just can't help but wonder about the key that still eludes the author.

What key is that?

I wonder at the hubris of the author to declare he knows what will happen when he hasn't completed the Work yet.

Because there are literally hundreds of sources from alchemists who achieved the Stone throughout history and they describe what will happen, and they all say the same thing. I also have personally experienced that they have been correct up to where I am now, which is the Black Stage. Furthermore, I understand the theory - which is very simple - and so from this one can work out the practical method rather easily. To put it short: it's a microcosm that emulates similar conditions to the Earth, except on a more rapid and miniature scale.

I know NOTHING about alchemy but as i understand those people interested in Alchemy are looking for things like the philosopher's stone, transmuting of the elements and (GULP!) curing of all diseases of mind and body FOR THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of years already - and correct me if i am wrong, up to this day with no success.

So..why is this book anything different than the countless attempts of alchemists in the middle-ages etc. trying to achieve this?

You must not have read the quotes in the book. Your argument is sound if it is accepted that the alchemists never achieved the Stone. But they did achieve it, which is why they can write about it and I can write about it. If you read the quotes you will see this to be the case (unless you consider them all to be fraudulent, which would be a different argument I could also address if it is posed.) Here is one little piece of evidence for you, read the last letter of Francis Bacon and I do hope you see for yourself:

My very good Lord,—I was likely to have had the fortune of Caius Plinius the elder, who lost his life by trying an experiment about the burning of Mount Vesuvius; for I was also desirous to try an experiment or two touching the conservation and induration of bodies. As for the experiment itself, it succeeded excellently well; but in the journey between London and Highgate, I was taken with such a fit of casting as I know not whether it were the Stone, or some surfeit or cold, or indeed a touch of them all three. But when I came to your Lordship's House, I was not able to go back, and therefore was forced to take up my lodging here, where your housekeeper is very careful and diligent about me, which I assure myself your Lordship will not only pardon towards him, but think the better of him for it. For indeed your Lordship's House was happy to me, and I kiss your noble hands for the welcome which I am sure you give me to it. I know how unfit it is for me to write with any other hand than mine own, but by my troth my fingers are so disjointed with sickness that I cannot steadily hold a pen."

From en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I've read the book. Thank you OP, it was a fascinating read.

It seems that making the stone successfully makes one, or transforms one into some sort of elitist. If the stone can heal all maladies than why not share it with all? Why this secrecy? To me, these ancient and not so ancient alchemists are extremely selfish. (Except the author of the aforementioned book of course.)

The first thing I did was to share this new found information with all my friends. They shared it with others as well. If this seemingly wonderful substance be shared with ALL, than the so called powers that be, would have no power. ALL would be equal. No need for money. No wars. Just peace.

Maybe I'm just an alien clothed in human garb living amongst creature I don't understand...
What is this human need to be superior over other human beings?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Brilliant - I'm delighted, truly delighted to have come across this thread....and the book. Thank you OP.

I don't know if it works because, of course, I haven't yet been able to make it. But, I will pass it on....it's a delightful, fascinating and exciting read, and a wonderful project to try.

I'm so disappointed that I missed being able to speak with the author her/himself.

Thank you once again.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
double post.

edit on 3-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm just gonna go buy some

Phliosophers Stone

yer welcome

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sign00

all this stuff is a scam.

the real philosophers stone imo is either GOLD or an asteroid that hit and then was revered

all the stories change over time into occultic/ritualistic things

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm so disappointed that I missed being able to speak with the author her/himself.

I'm still here.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
For what its worth, my understanding was that the Great Work started with morning dew obtained during a full moon, on glass sheets suspended a few inches above ground.

Perhaps there is more than one way? regardless, you end up with a very pure substance that may react better in the following processes, especially distilling.

I am reading the book. I will likely end up trying it myself.

I am absolutely ecstatic over finding this thread. Thank you OP. I am sorry i missed it on the first go round. Right up my alley.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I also just came across this thread and am interested in it. I believe the book did mention the method you described but said that these other methods were good for plants but not as much for people.

reply to post by sign00

By the way, its been six months since you started this thread and said you had the black stone, hows it progressing?
Also, in relation to MrsBlondes posting above, if in fact they are making what you are making then why do they need to sell it if they could turn any metal in to gold?
edit on 4-9-2011 by time91 because: questions

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

Are there any impractical instructions? Like maybe if it included summoning an army of demons....

Just listing instructions to assemble something as anything more than just "instructions" is a red flag.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sign00

When browsing through other information on ATS I came across this post, which I think is relevant for you to consider:

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
A fountain comes to mind here, as an emergent wellspring of new life and new possibility.
Will the physical Elixir convey eternal youth, no. But it will allow us to have more vitality, to feed our whole body, both physical and nophysical, it will allow us to age more gracefully, and keep us free from sickness, while we get to work at playing a bigger game in terms of the spiritual aspects of our Magnum Opus or Great Work.
It will be like having a vital edge, on a whole host of levels, in our effort (and effortless ease), to bring about a new Golden Age via a new Regeneration of Human Being. And of course if we wish the world to change then we must start with our own selves and be the very change we seek (Gandhi), outwardly, while wielding ever more power (freedom of choice born of increased awareness) to influence and shape the world around us, in whatever way, however big or small, however fast or slow, as the free will causal agents of change, or realms of possibility (transformation) that we really are, by virtue of our inclusion, and our free will. At the very least it will help to get us moving in the RIGHT direction, for ourselves our families and for the world and all humanity, to be or to use the new arrow of time as a new tool of creativity, and for us we have all the time in the world..!

From Personal Alchemy and the Elixir of Life

This post says that even with the philosopher's tincture they will still eventually die, and that aging still occurs, but without as quick a pace and free from diesease until the end.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have spent great time and energy studying the Philosophers Stone. I know it is real, and have long understood the basics that went into it. I was no aware of the urnie connect.

However, I believe the author of this book has figured it out. I really do.

I will gather my materials and begin working on it. I just had all my teeth pulled recently. Perhaps grwoing new teeth would be a nice thing?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I know that I have posted more than a reasonable number of times here recently, but feel compelled to post once more.

Although I was merely immersed in a confused on and off reading of alchemy, and very interested in reading the names of famous alchemists and those interested in alchemy, and not an intense studier (mostly because of time constraints), I too feel that this book has the ring of truth. This is the most exhilirating book I've read possibly in my lifetime and can find little fault with it. I too wish to try the author's method, and to keep this thread going so those of us who are attempting this can share progress, problems, ideas, etc.

Usually I try not to get my hopes up, but this book makes sense in ways I can't begin to put down in words. Alchemists and esotericists have always agreed in this upcoming age all will be revealed, and this book actually may well be a part of it.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Finally, I want to wish you Good luck in your work, bigfatfurrytexan.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hi everyone,
I've just read enough to understand that this outlet exists where urine is promoted as the chemical substance which must in time digest and convert silver and gold into the Philosophers' Stone, a few skeptics of Alchemy as a whole and a few adepts of the urine theory..
Don't let this feel condescending, but i will tell you exactly what the urine of the Philosophers is; nothing to perilous, this comes from conjecturing upon years of reading the treaties on the matter :
- Urine comes from Uranus or Ouranos = Sky, what philosophers call their "spirit", their celestial philosophical body as the only divine and essential androgynous substance which can intimately penetrate and dissolve that which is of its both natures, namely Sulfur and Mercury. Urine is the humid which will penetrate and dissolve, putrefy and fully digest the petrified mineralo-metallic, sufuro-mercurial vulgar bodies into medecines of different "orders" as Geber would name them.
Obviously, urine is a first degree read denoting a certain symbolism which all true philosophers on the matter nearly always warn the reader about, and which is lightly skimmed, as the whole of the science itself by what i read here.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AlRub

So, are you confirming Manly Halls assertion that the Stone is made from the dew gathered from glass plates during a full moon?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So... has anyone actually made one of these to prove it exists? I am curious. Many on this thread are convinced that alchemy exists, which may or may not be true (I am pretty openminded) but I just don't see any proof. It sounded like all of the evidence in the Aquarius book is from other alchemy books, unless I misread the OP (if I did I am sorry) and if that's the case, what sort of proof is that? I am just really, really skeptical and also appear to be missing the 'smoking gun' that everyone else sees here.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"So, are you confirming Manly Halls assertion that the Stone is made from the dew gathered from glass plates during a full moon? "

Hello again, no i am not. The Dew is also philosophical and another symbolical image reflecting the exact same quality as the Urine, both referring to the same thing, "radical humid" and "metallic sperm and primitive, crude humid state" as dozens and more words and imaginative ideas have always proliferated around this central secret and first door to the garden of the Hesperids, garded by a fierce dragon, which must be torn apart and vainquished to release his blood. The light as my signature, and as you might possibly know all adepts on the matter agree to a common consensus, must be released from the darkness (read body), and perfectly separated from it to become the third principle, namely the Salt, great and "Universal Dissolvant of Metals".
Manly Hall, i mean the "first degree read" again of the word Dew is yet another fool's errand, who swears by the name of the Mutus Liber and other envious authors, that the secret of this necessary quintessence is this easy to understand and know. This is how apprentice alchemists practice pretty intensely but are qualified as puffers, or blowers (bellowers) because besides the fact that they vulgarly use bellows to feed oxygen to the destructive fire and coals which smolder under their athanors, they brew much wind in vain speculations, the most important in the dogmas which seem to rule their decadent exercise is the possibility to produce the Philosophers' Stone from any realm, according to various procedures, such as acetates, urine, blood, realgar, antimony, cinnabar, iron, lead, dew, etc. yet they have all been used to a common purpose by the hermetic authors : to skillfully use known matters by proxy to hint at qualities and tinctures (read colors) the compost takes in the Work.
The true question is, what do the philosophers say about the production and generation of metals in the mines?
And what is possible to deduce from these answers?
Because to understand this Practice you must understand this Theory as you want to be the Cause of that Effect.
Cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The scholarship of this book seems to be legitimate but be forewarned.

Intelligent opinions of authors like Idries Shah who wrote the book The Sufis informs that Alchemy was started by the Sufi mystic Jabir or Geber ( TO THE WEST) and he suggests in his book that the physical alchemists of the West are not the real legitimate alchemists, and that the original alchemists only used the physical as metaphors for the spiritual.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.amazon.com...

The real Philosopher’s stone is a spiritual essence that resides inside the human soul that the fall of man cut us off from. Any contact with this essence is suppose to literally transform the human from pedestrian to the divine.

It is a question then whether the Philosophers stone is something physical or spiritual.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join