page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Rockpuck

So what?

Really, please explain to me why you find this to be crucially important.

It's not like brown is contagious, so stop freaking.

You'd think by what he wrote it was though right? In 2000 years if humans are still around, I'd love to get to see how life would be if we all had around the same skin tone and speak the same language.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In America, there is no real purebred thats been here for a few generations. I am a white dude, but I can break it down into french, english, german, and italian...basically, I am an anglo-american (ya, hmm...I like that title..has historic value)...or maybe a euro-american...naa..sounds too prattish.

Anyhow, I love history..I am neither proud of, nor disgraced by history...it is stuff that happened without my input and simply a story of how I am standing here now...I am not proud, nor disgraced to be a white guy...I like being white because I like being me. I will breed one day (maybe not actually)..and when I do, my american idealism will be the deciding factor over any heritage false pride. I will connect with a mindset and attraction, not skin tone and genetic line hailing from a specific place on earth...she may be white, or latin, or from venus (not sure how I feel about antenna's...could be fun).

As far as my liberal viewpoints on makeup of ethnic population in the US, well, I see value in culture. The latin culture has some decent food and good music style. They are also quite an attractive people in general. Latins also tend to be hot headed and noisy, which is a bit of a downside (meh, meet an irish, they got the same issue)..this is cultural heritage though and can be changed...

I am making no point in this post...because the thread ultimately is pointless also and that is sort of the point...its pointless to discuss matters of race in todays age..people are judged by the quality of who they are, not what paint stick from home depot they resemble. I view anyone whom judges anything based on race to be an idiot themselves in that regard.

As far as breeding..well, a 3rd world nation tends to have more breeding due to a psychological trend..mom will have 25 kids in the hopes that one or two of em will make it really successful and take care of her when she gets into her twilight years. This is a biological psychology left over from early civilization when if you had 10 kids, 7 of em would most likely be dead before they reached 20 due to plague, war, or a bazillion other ways to die...

If you read this far, you really are bored..I am just randomly typing now..ok, going to stop and get back to work.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

So what?

Really, please explain to me why you find this to be crucially important.

It's not like brown is contagious, so stop freaking.

You'd think by what he wrote it was though right? In 2000 years if humans are still around, I'd love to get to see how life would be if we all had around the same skin tone and speak the same language.

2000 years? 0o

You don't need to wait that long to see that...go on a forum where people don't discuss their race...that conversation your getting into is text, text has no color (only font size. dammit, ariel 10 is the supreme font!). Anyhow, people then judge others based not on skin tone, or weight, or even gender...they judge on the merit of the post itself.

Thats how it will be, and thats how it should be.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
Has anyone noticed how diversity is only pushed in "white majority" countries.

Nobody ever hears about how China needs more non-Chinese people, or that Mexico needs to incorporate more ethnic diversity, or question why all the businesses in India are owned by Indians ?

Because those countries don't have a short history of taking in everyone and their mother. They are not culturally diverse, they are culturally intact and have been so for thousands of years. America has been America for what, 240 years? We're a baby compared to them.

Have you ever noticed how people in those countries come here either for an education or to escape oppression of some sort? More times than not it's the latter of the two so they end up bringing their problems over here. Assimilation isn't the issue in my opinion, it's that they come here to escape something else and we want to hold our head high and say: "Look at us, we're their savior," all the while we don't progress at the same rate that they come here, so as a result, we get brought down.

The vast majority of the population here doesn't see it this way so they blame the Mexicans, Asians, whatever for the problems that our leaders don't have the foresight to see, the intestinal fortitude to acknowledge, the intelligence to fix, or all of the above.

I'm white by the way and about the only people I associate with are white. Does that make me a racist?

Frankly, I don't care.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I think you're dead on about being xenophobic, because all I'm hearing is fear of other cultures. My advice... You should man-up, overcome your fears, and go and talk to these cultures you're so afraid of. Spark a conversation, smile at people, show respect and dignity and they will do the same in return. Who knows maybe you'll make some friends and their skin color won't matter anymore. It's simple fear that's hindering you.

It's obvious that you also fear losing your identity because being white just isn't as cool as it used to be, eh? Well there are some qualities in humans that transcend skin color. If you focus on those qualities, dismiss your prejudices and be proud of yourself — not your skin color — you will find that fear slip away.

People will prejudge you as you prejudge them, that's a given; but let them judge you by your actions as a decent and respectful human being rather than by your “whiteness.”

Being proud of being white or black is a huge cop-out. Why would I want to associate myself with a group of people based on something so superficial as skin-color? That just puts me in the same category as other whites regardless of their actions. In other words I have to be in the same category as Hitler and and Paris Hilton. I say forget that, I'd rather be proud of being intelligent. I'm much happier being in the same category as Einstein and Dr. Martin Luther King.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Since I don't personally subscribe to the notion of ethnicity (while respecting people's right to embrace their herritage if they so choose) and instead view everyone living here as merely human, it matters not to me how many of one "sort" of human there are in any given region. It isn't a good or a bad thing to me. It's just people.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Im guessing you're white...try maintaining that mentality as a lets say Indian man in Britain...

I guarantee you 6 months in you'll want to shoot somebody, regardless of how non-violent you are, or how sophisticated your worldview is.
edit on 25-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

I'm not sure what you mean specifically, but I can assure you that I would never want to shoot another human being.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

Im guessing you're white...try maintaining that mentality as a lets say Indian man in Britain...

I guarantee you 6 months in you'll want to shoot somebody, regardless of how non-violent you are, or how sophisticated your worldview is.

I lived in england for about 5 years
I had 3 good friends there. 2 were indian, one was a south african.
They all seemed perfectly fine and adapted...however, upon thinking back on it..we were the outcasts if you want to split hairs. heh.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well look at that another "OMG White race is dying, America is being taken over by brown people!"" thread, seriously moderators should do something about these kinds of threads, that don't contribute nothing to the website and only make ATS look like a web site where closeted xenophobic people come and spew their drivel.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Im saying it is easy for you to say that. I took an Indian man in Britain as an example, cause no matter how hard the guy will work, no matter how well he'll adjust, no matter how educated he is, the amount of racism that he'll experience on a day to day basis and at every corner will cause disdain at the very least.

Being treated as a sublevel human for no good reason will do that to people...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69

Im saying it is easy for you to say that. I took an Indian man in Britain as an example, cause no matter how hard the guy will work, no matter how well he'll adjust, no matter how educated he is, the amount of racism that he'll experience on a day to day basis and at every corner will cause disdain at the very least.

Being treated as a sublevel human for no good reason will do that to people...

I believe you may have misunderstood my post. I would never deny that racism exists, and I am saddened and frustrated by that fact. My intent was merely to express that for me personally, the number of a given perceived ethnicity - given that that is a concept I do not personally subscribe to - living in a given region is irrelevant to me in and of itself. i.e. to me, there being more "Hispanics" than "whites" in America in the future is not something that concerns me personally. Just as there being more "Indians" than "Brits" in the UK in the future, should that ever happen, would not be something that concerns me personally.

I am very much concerned by how people treat one another. That's a separate topic, however, and was beyond the scope of my post. Nor was my post intended as a suggestion that anyone else should feel as I do, or a rebuke of those who do not.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Originally posted by malicacid922002

You forget about you white roots and lean toward the Cherokee side of you heritage because they were oppressed?

That is the most ignorant thing I have read today. I imagine, even though you will deny it, that by looking at you I couldn't even see a trace of Cherokee.
Ok now let me explain my point. At the time we live in most of the worlds top banking family's is the whites,Controllers of the NWO which are oppressors,it is true that the spainards came a dominated the indian peoples. But the whites seeing or should I say hearing about the free land (which isn't free land at all) came and populated and started marking off territory like its theirs is not right and I for one,isn't taking sides with some one who's control scheme is as crooked as a question mark ???!!!!!!!!!
And I will also add that I will not deny that I may not look to you as I have cherokee heritage but the heritage is held dearly to my family and my great grandfather was full blooded cherokee!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

I agree with this sentiment, but I think everyone is missing the point of the OPs statement.

He is wanting to know why it is looked down upon, to be proud of your Northern European heritage? It is okay for groups of other people to be proud of their Eastern, Southern, Central European heritage, African nations, Asian nations, Central and South American heritage, Australian heritage, etc. are all celebrated, but, the folks with Northern European heritage are immediately branded "Racists" when they attempt to exhibit any sort of pride in where their family came from.

I am an American citizen, of Irish ancestry. I am very proud of what my ancestors accomplished, and the sacrifices they made to come to America. I am also very proud of my Irish culture and the stories/legends/myths that came from the Emerald Isle. However, I am also branded as a racist when I show my pride. I am called a neo-nazi, or a white supremacist, but what the ignorant individuals branding me do not know, is that the Irish were slaves (okay, Indentured Servants) in America, and the "Nazi" movement in Germany grouped the Irish in with the Jews, Handicapped, Gypsies, et al. According to Hitler's doctrine, we were an inferior breed of human.

Ireland was traditionally the final stopping point before the long voyage to North America, and as such, gained several different types of "races" and each has been mixed through the bloodlines generation after generation. When I celebrate my culture, I am celebrating my heritage. I happen to have fair skin and a light complexion, and it has ALWAYS been misunderstood as a "Race" thing. Well, it isnt. The Irish have been known as the "European Nigger" for generations.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease

Originally posted by CaptSplatter

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by CaptSplatter

This has nothing to do with the actual news report, please advertise your thread elsewhere.

It's your world were just living in it.....

this aint our world, humans dont own it. we are a parasite destroying this planet, we ALL need to go...

I agree with this totally!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I have a similar view since I grew up multiculturally...Im half Arab, half German and I remember sitting around in class with a jewish Israeli/American making jokes about how we're both the root of all evil.
So...Point taken...sadly not many people think like that. There's just one race: Humanoid.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
quote from Southern Guardian
"Hispanics are actually fairly conservative, they tend to be very religious and very conservative fiscally. The only reason why hispanics sway leftward to democrats is, for one example, the papers please law in arizona backed by republicans, or the fact hispanics tend to be the target for political debate and policy by republicans."

This is a very good point that I fully agree with. My neighbors who were Mexican now Americans and proud of it, are in my opinion a breath of fresh air in a tired old town.
edit on 25-3-2011 by dkwlttrman because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-3-2011 by dkwlttrman because: Add quotes

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The main problems with ethnic diversity crammed in one place is that you will get lots of murders, violence, and hate. Sure the food is good but is it worth your son getting beat up at school because he is white, black, or hispanic? How about the gang wars between the blacks and the hispanics?

People often look at their own neighbourhoods and never look farther. The more people come in the more violence there will be. This violence is fueled by not having enough jobs, drug territories, skin colour, what street you reside, what gang you're affiliated with, and much more.

Multicultural countries are awesome because you get to see other ways of life, but I know for a fact the more diversity and the bigger the population the more problems your country will have.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
I am proud to be a mutt.

To the other mutts out there, do you ever have people asking what ethnicities you are?

No... because I don't have a culture. I'm just a generic white mutt, which is easy to classify.

I can't wait for the day when every person on earth the same color. Then both sides will stop complaining about anything relating to color. Color means nothing, I'll agree with what someone else said, it's about CULTURE.

If you don't assimilate into the CULTURE that YOU choose to move into, then you are going to have people against you, regardless of what color you are.

Russian immigrants are still looked down upon in the US, because a large portion of them don't assimilate into American culture. But nobody talks about that, because they are white. So it doesn't matter. Only non-white people that get looked down upon have a right to complain about it.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is a libs dream,,, I wish I could get a dollar for every time the word racist was used.
OMFG lets delete this threat before someone gets shot,,, remember theres no 1st amendment for hate,, een though I haven't seen anything hateful and I know it will be 404d by the gods if something along those lines shows up..
I reckon i'm this sites worst nightmare, or at least most of the sad people that frequent this site
I am a SOUTHERN white man who believes the white culture is the best in the world,, i'm not a racist because I have several ethnic friends, black brown yella etc, but I don't care for their cultures,, I see nothing positive in them
*crying* but the white only enslaved other races to do their work,, *yawn* it got done and built the most powerful country in the world.
*sobbing in my hands* I can't believe he said that
The world back in the old days was a different one than we have today,, it was kill or be killed in a very literal way. If you wanted more land or felt threatened then you HAD to destroy or otherwise remove the threat, as did the African tribes, Tribes of the middle east and most peoples everywhere around the world.
Now that everyone is free in the new world that is so liberated how are the different races stacking up,, whos being prosperous as a culture,, blacks are still slaves, only to the govt now,,, latinos work hard but dont love the country to become a part of it in a legal way so they are stealing from the rest of us,, asians work hard and have somewhat come into the american fold but still keep themselves seperate (shh dont tell anyone that they are staying seperate because thats not equal and someone will need to step in on their behalf to correct it,,, oh wait thats just for blacks and whites nevermind)
*crying uncontrollably* every culture has something positive to offer,, we can't stay divided...it seemed to work nicely back in the day and every country seemed to grow and strengthen on its own and by its own strengths.
I may have ancestors that were native american ( i even have her picture where I can see it everyday) but I am WHITE,, not a mutt,,, I chose a side instead of sitting on the racial fence so that I can't be accused of being a racist and have to defend my beliefs,, I honor my native american ancestors just as much as any other and i'm proud to say I have them in my background but I am a white man now and i'm tired of whiney sell out people who are not proud of who they are now or that want to diminish what it is to be white. Maybe in my next life I will be a native american or some other race and can be just as proiud of that heritage as I am of the one I have now, but I won't sell out.
I"m sure this post has upset many of you but I do not apologize, I have been a smartdonkey but only because alot of you need to be treated that way in my opinion. It is time to stop being PC and to stand up for what one believes,,, if you truely want multi culturalism then by all means have at it but DO NOT tell me i'm wrong when I speak against it,, your opinion is no better than mine.
Have a great and wonderful day

P.S. bad punctuation and grammer added for effect

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join