It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your beliefs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Ego is not a state.
It is an action.
And you cant be a little bit EGO.
ATS GURU

Hi,
I don't think anyone said it was a state. Pretty sure I said something like it was a part of our human make-up, the part of us that recognises itself.

And yes you can have degrees of Ego.. there is the person who has an overblown, unrealistic perception or recognition of the Self and its worth... you can also have people who's self perception is so low that they suffer lack of self esteem, unable to really put themselves out there into the world with being extremely unconfortable about themselves. This illustrates two ends of the Ego Spectrum and is what hints at the need to balance it in a healthy way.

Actions in relation to Ego are only the Symptoms we can observe.

ATS GURU? I don't understand the intended meaning here, would you please offer a fuller explanation of what you meant?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

True enough, but sometimes the problem is one of terminology. Ego is just the Latin for "I", so strictly speaking one cannot have varying degrees of ego, since you are either you or you are not. What people often term ego is just plain big-headedness, arrogance or an over-inflated sense of one's importance.

On the other hand as someone who believes we are all interconnected in one vast collective entity, I would suppose one could achieve a lower state of egoness by increasing one's ability to empathise with others.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
i used to believe in so many things, I used to be catholic, got bored and dissapointed, now i'm politheistic and my beliefs vary as someone changes their socks. It's not bad, at leasts it works for me

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

There's nothing wrong with changing your view in the light of new knowledge. I see life as a kind of educational process and I see myself as a learner, and so my beliefs have changed several times too.

I don't think there's anything good about dogmatising one's beliefs and setting them in stone.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I don't think it's a pile of s**t. I started out believing non-mainstream things after my spiritual experience, but the more I study about it the more the church's view is supported both by scriptures and external evidence. There really are spirits going around setting people against the God of the Hebrews, and in His name these spirits can be dismissed.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
One shouldn't hold beliefs
two shouldn't hold beliefs
thee shouldn't hold beliefs

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vivalarevolution
One shouldn't hold beliefs
two shouldn't hold beliefs
thee shouldn't hold beliefs

All beliefs are a form of limitation-John Lilly,MD,author of The Center of the Cyclone

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What use is there for beliefs, other than to convince yourself or someone else of something that is either unknown or subjective?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Ego is not a state.
It is an action.
ATS GURU

Hi,
Pretty sure I said something like it was a part of our human make-up, the part of us that recognises itself.

The Ego doesnt recognize anything. It certainly doesnt recognize "itself".
There is no "itself".
The Ego is the action of separation. It is fear.
The Ego endlessly contemplates this separation and fear and that action is
the EGO.
Dude this game calls for some Radical Understanding.
ATS GURU

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Well see, where I have gotten to on my path has been a result of completely destroying/rebuilding my ego (however I still have a few bugs) and trying to feel out my understanding of the universe through intuition and being able to recognize what I would call innate truths to this existence (if such a thing exists). So why it may be pointless, it is also a hell of a lot more proactive than taking some dogma or religious belief and calling that the law of the land. Could just all be bull#, I do doubt it though. I try to have as much of an all encompassing view as possible. You know truth when you see it. It just resonates with you in such a way. Also yes psychedelics were a big part in the early beginnings of this journey and still play a vital part. I am aware of their pitfalls and use them sparingly for the moment.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

Ego is not a state.
It is an action.
ATS GURU

Hi,
Pretty sure I said something like it was a part of our human make-up, the part of us that recognises itself.

The Ego doesnt recognize anything. It certainly doesnt recognize "itself".
There is no "itself".
The Ego is the action of separation. It is fear.
The Ego endlessly contemplates this separation and fear and that action is
the EGO.
Dude this game calls for some Radical Understanding.
ATS GURU

That's a pretty strong and powerful insight RRokkyy. I have to agree with this, makes sense. The ego is all about the illusion of "the self" as a particular entity, and can't know much if anything about the spiritual life of the soul. It's pretense. Inauthenticity. That's ego.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I believe we are all born out of the Great Central Sun, which is the Source Creator(GOD). God has given each of us a share of that divinity which humanity on Earth has cut itself off of. This is our "I AM" presence or higher mental body. Through our divinity, all things are possible, manifestation exists, miracles abound. ALL organized religion is corrupted. Spirituality is what is real.

All are immortal and will RE-incarnate if we do not achieve ascension during this embodiment. We must erase our Karmic debt from past life embodiments. There is NO HELL except the continual reincarnation to this world. This will be my last time here.

Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join