It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tip your local pizza driver.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I always went with tipping based on service. but now in this country it is expected to tip EVERYBODY regardless of service. op, I'll give you and your boyfriend the benefit of the doubt cause your cute, and like caddyshack, .... but the vast majority of delivery drivers seem to be a bunch of smart asses. most are soo blatant about getting a tip, it turns people against doing it, something like a bellhop holding his hand out or similar.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I always tip the pizza delivery people. Even when they forget my soda (which ALWAYS happens) and they have to go back. I practically yell into the phone when ordering 'DON'T FORGET MY COKE!' but they always do. lol

So tell your boyfriend remember to bring the drinks!

Anyways, I do tip them. I figure if I will tip a waiter for waiting on me in a restaurant, I'm going to tip the person big time who actually drives to my house in their own car. lol

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
You were too lazy to get off of your ass and get the food yourself.

What kind of perspective is this? It's their JOB.

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
Someone wasted their gas (which is really expensive) to bring your lazy ass your food.

LOL. So they are unpaid volunteers who deliver pizzas simply out of kindness of their heart.

Sometimes, the sweet boy delivering your food doesn't have a shot at a real job. So their tips are how they make their living.

This is a good reason to tip, as I do. The rest of your comments are delusional.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It is common courtesy to tip a service worker providing the service is worthy of it. I was taught to tip service workers, it is just the right thing to do. As to getting a better job, that is where education comes in and places you in the appropriate niche.

Sounds like to me TMI, but he should go to school and pursue a degree in an area of his interest, which hopefully while working in his area to have an eventual goal of gainful self-employment

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

Oh yeah, I don't think anyone should ask for a tip when they get there thats just being rude to the customer, I feel its the customers choice ultimatley, I was just raised to tip, and cannot see a reason other than poor service to not tip. But thats just me.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I like this thread and wish more people wanted to argue about not tipping!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Though I would agree tipping is a good gesture,.
it also can create a settling effect,. making good in tips
could lead to being ok with lack of advancement.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

So just remember, tip your local pizza driver because they have bills to pay too. & dont tell me you cant afford it, then pick it up your damn self, or walk to a grocery store. Thanks everyone!

hmmm..that would mean your bf would not have a job,as well as tips?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Also i saw another thread on tipping earlier, I agreed with the OP that the employers can definatly stand to cover more of their employees expenses, especially since a lot of people arent making enough money themselves either, but I still tip, its just what I do. I decided If people don't tip for whatever reason, thats their choice. IMO its a social grace.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join