It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Radiation-Tracking Air Monitors May Not Be Working Properly, EPA Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wow! We are supposed to be monitoring radiation levels and and half of the monitors aren't working properly. Well that's real safe for us. I hope it becomes a big issue so the makers of these monitors can Learn a huge lesson.

Eight of 18 air monitors in California, Oregon and Washington state that track radiation from Japan’s nuclear reactors are “undergoing quality review,” according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s website. A sufficient number of devices are working and can measure any changes in radiation levels from the damaged Fukushima Dai- Ichi reactors, said Ronald Fraass, director of the EPA’s National Air and Radiation Environmental Laboratory in Montgomery, Alabama. “What we are seeing is not a problem,” Fraass said today in a telephone interview.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
Wow! We are supposed to be monitoring radiation levels and and half of the monitors aren't working properly. Well that's real safe for us. I hope it becomes a big issue so the makers of these monitors can Learn a huge lesson.

Eight of 18 air monitors in California, Oregon and Washington state that track radiation from Japan’s nuclear reactors are “undergoing quality review,” according to the Environmental Protection Agency’s website. A sufficient number of devices are working and can measure any changes in radiation levels from the damaged Fukushima Dai- Ichi reactors, said Ronald Fraass, director of the EPA’s National Air and Radiation Environmental Laboratory in Montgomery, Alabama. “What we are seeing is not a problem,” Fraass said today in a telephone interview.

Just getting the excuses ready for not informing the public of the danger....sad really but now days I expect nothing less.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
how long has the reactors been spewing there toxic smoke gas and steam? and just now the EPA is saying the monitors are not working? yea right just for john Q public, how would you tell some 50 million people you have got to move with in the next 5 years if they only could see the RAD numbers, in the worse case that is as it stands those along the coast line and 5 miles inland should think about leaving.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The EPA really is a joke..
5 days ago the nuclear crisis was all over MSM aswell as the tsunami, all off a sudden no word on it after 4 days ago, the last couple of days their has been small snippets saying how "Fast and Efficeint" the rebuilding is blah blah blah for 30 seconds and then this is literally what they say as they are closing that news topic "and the Fukashima nuclear crisis worsens or remains critical." Its a major MSM blackout I beleive, one of the boldest and right in your face blackouts I've seen in Australia.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Nice.

Especially since it looks like reactor #3 at Fukushima may have breached.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

It did breach but they haven't said yet because they don't want us to know how bad it really is! Sad that they can't just tell us the truth and then try to fix it but it's too late. They lied and we all know it can't be fixed!

However I am happy to see them trying to fix it! I mean at least they aren't just giving up.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

No, I mean just NOW. See my post above (I added in the thread).

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Auh! I see. I was thinking of the one that already breached. I was confused. That really sucks. They should just give up and evacuate. I'll keep a few people here until they are safe to go back home.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

wheres your links to your info? you really know how to do research and not give credit to anyone for writing it for you...you think that people are going to think you write this stuff by yourself?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23

wheres your links to your info? you really know how to do research and not give credit to anyone for writing it for you...you think that people are going to think you write this stuff by yourself?

As you can see it is in external quotes so people already know I didnt write it myself. And why is it that you seem to think you need to come to every thread I make and post a personal attack against me and post nonsense that is irrelevant to the topic? You just joined the website so I think you need to you review the rules before you go around telling people they do things wrong or telling them they sound like a fool or posting personal attacks.

If you don't like a topic then don't post. Move on to the next thread and stop wasting your time posting nonsense.

edit on 25-3-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join