It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Does NOT EXISTS!! Instead - Brown Dwarf: NIBIRU!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by zcflint05

couldn't have said it better myself, but I would have added:

Mayans never predicted the end of the world, merely an end of a cycle, then the calender restarts. No mention of nibiru. Sumerians never referred to nibiru as a planet.

It doesn't matter though, facts only get in the way of impending doom right?

Yup Nibiru in Sumarian refers to the gateway to the world of the Gods (Mainly in the Gilgamesh epic). It was never a planet, star, brown dwarf, comet or other astronomical body.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nedined

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by nedined

If a brown dwarf were as close as Saturn it would be easy to see without the use of any instruments. Jupiter is the same composition as a brown dwarf. It is easy to spot at night. It jumps out at you. If there were a brown dwarf anywhere close to the solar system then everyone would see it - easily.

Anything as large as a brown dwarf would be picked up by whole sky surveys out 50x the distance to Pluto or even further away. Amateur astronomers would easily out such an object 2x to 5x the distance to Pluto.

Such an object would cause perturbations in the orbits of the known planets.

Nothing is seen by pros or amateurs. Obviously this claim is false.

1. “Brown dwarfs are reflective just as are other celestial bodies” - NOT TRUTH (No need to explain why, it's been said so many times before why, search and you will find why)
2. “It would be easy to see without the use of any instruments” - NOT TRUTH (Because of # 1 ^ or even if you see it, you just do not know what you are looking at and therefore you assume you don't see it!)(99% and even more of the people on Earth knowledge of space and stars is pretty much equal to 0. All they know is the Sun, the Moon and bunch of stars out there. They don't even know were Mars is therefore don't tell me everyone should be able to see it! (I guess this knowledge is kept on purpose away from us so when the times come - like right now - people wouldn’t know what's really going on, again like right now) So, if the brown Dwarf is visible people would not know that this is it, there would not be a label on top of it! Also where to look for it... I mean in which part of the sky? What time of the Day or Night? How long? Would be visible from cities or only from a middle of nowhere and so many other questions and circumstances that even amateur astronomers would not know what they should look for or are looking at. (Don't tell me they know what every single dot out there is!)
3. “Jupiter is the same composition as a brown dwarf” - this is laughable
show me the proof and I bet you cannot even point you finger at it (Jupiter) and be 100% sure what you are looking at!
4. “If there were a brown dwarf anywhere close to the solar system then everyone would see it - easily.” - NOT TRUTH. Already explained why not in 1. 2. and 3.
5. "Anything as large as a brown dwarf would be picked up by whole sky surveys out 50x the distance to Pluto or even further away. Amateur astronomers would easily out such an object 2x to 5x the distance to Pluto." - NOT TRUTH No one was looking at the orbit of Elenin before therefore no brown dwarf was seen. Now that they started looking at Elenin they see instead a comet a brown dwarf

6. Such an object would cause perturbations in the orbits of the known planets. - How do you know it doesn't? You've been there? There are so many anomalies reported lately in our solar system without an explanation why! Perhaps the people (NASA) that are saying Elenin is a comet and they know it is not would try to cover up any perturbations in the orbits of the known planets too. It is self understanding.
7. Nothing is seen by pros or amateurs. - NOT TRUTH - pros (NASA) are saying it is a comet, amateurs - brown Dwarf!
8. Obviously this claim is false. - NOT TRUTH - To me is obvious that someone is a disinformant, why otherwise would one so desperately try to debunk something that is getting clear and clear as we speak. The truth can't be hidden any more... it is surfacing by the minute...
I admit, you did try hard, but... unsuccessful. Sorry!!!

Please read ths Wikipedia enrty on what a brown dwarf actually is.

At 75-80 times the mass of Jupiter, and nearly halfway between Earth and Jupiter (where comet Elenin is currently located), I think it would be VERY obvious, without a telescope, to everyone on earth.

Also Comet Elenin is coming in on the other side of the Sun from where Jupiter is in orbit. The person who posted the video wasn't even looking in the right direction!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hi Last:

Originally posted by LastonePeople are making a big mistake ....If we do have a binary solar system ... and I believe it to be the case.. It isn't the Brown Dwarf that's coming into our solar system ... But one of its Orbiting Planets ... If Elenin isn't a comet... and I do not believe it to be.... could it be a Planet ? And I believe this to be the right question ..

I believe the planet hypothesis to be incorrect and that a brown dwarf star is approaching our inner solar system for one orbit around the Sun, even if the dark star has planets in orbit.

NASA JPL ELEnin Comet

Open JPL ELEnin orbit link and back the date up to February 27, 2010 and note the ELEnin/Earth/Sun alignment. Not only did Earth experience the 8.8 Chile Quake, but Earth axis shifted 3 inches at this alignment; which seems to indicate an object of considerable mass. After all, this object at last years conjunction was still beyond the orbit of Jupiter at 6 AU. Now forward the date to September 4, 2010 to see the ELEnin/Sun/Earth alignment that gave Earth the 7.2 Christchurch Quake in New Zealand. Then forward the date to March 11, 2011 to the event that many thought would take place on March 15, 2011 with the 9.0 Japan Quake that shifted Earth axis 4 inches. The Earth seems to have a major earthquake accompanied by an axis shift at recent Sun/Earth/ELEnin alignments (Video). ELEnin looks like a NASA Psyop covering the approach of something much larger (Blog). The next alignment is September 26-27, 2011. We shall see ...

PS. Most of the Doubting Thomas posts on this topic can be debunked using one sentence and short posts are not allowed. Someone please present us with a recent photograph of the ELEnin Comet or one reporter interview with the Russian discoverer. GL ...

edit on 25-3-2011 by PlanetXGuy because: add PS. GL

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

I would like to see your source for this supposed ancient knowledge of a destroyer planet. The only one claiming the Sumerians knew of planets outside of the ones visible to the naked eye is Sitchin and it is easy to show that he had no idea what he was talking about. As for the Mayans and the Hopis, I would greatly appreciate if you could point me to some primary sources of this. I keep seeing these claims and it always goes back to New Age blogs and books.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
One simple answer. HAARP

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Actually, Nibiru originally referred to the point of the highest ecliptic and its associated constellation. It also occasionally referred to Jupiter when it was in this position as can be seen in the MUL.APIN.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Is the OP trying to say this "brown dwarf" is headed this way?

Pretty hard to believe, how could you possibly tell its trajectory with a tiny telescope. You'd need a prolonged view of the image over a few days to figure that out.

edit on 25-3-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

A comet with 900000000... Km tail should be also very easy visible

Comets don't get a tail until they are close enough to the Sun for it to begin to melt them and break them down.

I thought everyone knows this.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nibiru is most likely a spaceship...not a frikking dwarf planet. The Sumerians did say that they're gods the Annunaki "came from the stars" from a place called Nibiru.
No matter how much our scientists or governments may keep things secret from us I'm pretty damn sure, like 2 million % sure, that they are NOT that stupid to hide a whole planet just cause it might collide with Earth and destroy everything along the process...it would benefit NO ONE coz everyone would be dead, along with half the planet being broken off...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by nedined

If a brown dwarf were as close as Saturn it would be easy to see without the use of any instruments. Jupiter is the same composition as a brown dwarf. It is easy to spot at night. It jumps out at you. If there were a brown dwarf anywhere close to the solar system then everyone would see it - easily.

Anything as large as a brown dwarf would be picked up by whole sky surveys out 50x the distance to Pluto or even further away. Amateur astronomers would easily out such an object 2x to 5x the distance to Pluto.

1. “Brown dwarfs are reflective just as are other celestial bodies” - NOT TRUTH (No need to explain why, it's been said so many times before why, search and you will find why)
2. “It would be easy to see without the use of any instruments” - NOT TRUTH (Because of # 1 ^ or even if you see it, you just do not know what you are looking at and therefore you assume you don't see it!)(99% and even more of the people on Earth knowledge of space and stars is pretty much equal to 0. All they know is the Sun, the Moon and bunch of stars out there. They don't even know were Mars is therefore don't tell me everyone should be able to see it! (I guess this knowledge is kept on purpose away from us so when the times come - like right now - people wouldn’t know what's really going on, again like right now) So, if the brown Dwarf is visible people would not know that this is it, there would not be a label on top of it! Also where to look for it... I mean in which part of the sky? What time of the Day or Night? How long? Would be visible from cities or only from a middle of nowhere and so many other questions and circumstances that even amateur astronomers would not know what they should look for or are looking at. (Don't tell me they know what every single dot out there is!)
show me the proof and I bet you cannot even point you finger at it (Jupiter) and be 100% sure what you are looking at!
4. “If there were a brown dwarf anywhere close to the solar system then everyone would see it - easily.” - NOT TRUTH. Already explained why not in 1. 2. and 3.
5. "Anything as large as a brown dwarf would be picked up by whole sky surveys out 50x the distance to Pluto or even further away. Amateur astronomers would easily out such an object 2x to 5x the distance to Pluto." - NOT TRUTH No one was looking at the orbit of Elenin before therefore no brown dwarf was seen. Now that they started looking at Elenin they see instead a comet a brown dwarf

6. Such an object would cause perturbations in the orbits of the known planets. - How do you know it doesn't? You've been there? There are so many anomalies reported lately in our solar system without an explanation why! Perhaps the people (NASA) that are saying Elenin is a comet and they know it is not would try to cover up any perturbations in the orbits of the known planets too. It is self understanding.
7. Nothing is seen by pros or amateurs. - NOT TRUTH - pros (NASA) are saying it is a comet, amateurs - brown Dwarf!
8. Obviously this claim is false. - NOT TRUTH - To me is obvious that someone is a disinformant, why otherwise would one so desperately try to debunk something that is getting clear and clear as we speak. The truth can't be hidden any more... it is surfacing by the minute...

Your arguments are very convincing - I also doubt just how much these scientists actually really know - they are believed far too readily - Space is still a very much - Unknown. The fact that certain members are so very eager to get this topic permanently dumped (if they are so sick of it and believe firmly in their own theories why do they keep on coming back for more) makes me very suspicious of them,

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I give up trying to talk sense into people about 2012 ,most people need some kind of drame/impending doom scenario to keep them charged up ,other wise the dullness of real life sinks in and they might actually have to live in the here and now aka reality . Most people are now info junkies who need constant stimulation and like most drugs ,the more they get the more they need to reach the same altered state ,hence why the stories and theories get progressively darker and more absurd until they ..........burn out ,stupid is what stupid does .

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

reply to post by nedined

Your arguments are very convincing - I also doubt just how much these scientists actually really know - they are believed far too readily - Space is still a very much - Unknown. The fact that certain members are so very eager to get this topic permanently dumped (if they are so sick of it and believe firmly in their own theories why do they keep on coming back for more) makes me very suspicious of them,

Apparently all it takes to be convincing is saying "No it isn't!", who knew.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Lastone

If we are in a binary system then the other star does not give off light. If it exists then it must be small because no IR systems have detected it. If this small hypothetical companion has a planet then it would lose it to the Sun if it entered the orbits of the known planets. This cannot be a reoccurring event because the planet would be lost to the Sun. If this planet were of any size at all, say Mars sized, then it would have been seen if it were within 320AU. That's 8X the distance to Pluto. The known planets would have been perturbed by this intruder. That means that the motions of the planets would be something other than predicted.Nothing has happened to suggest that any new mass is within the orbits of the known planets.

I understand what you're saying but..

Lets see...

Elenin Distance : Jan 1 - 1600

Now Pluto:

Pluto was found on February 18, 1930. Why ?

"Its discovery was a serendipity, credited toward a fortunate accident. The curiosity for a planet beyond Neptune began with a man named Percival Lowell, who believed that there exists a "Planet X" somewhere in the outer reaches of our solar system, based on calculations done with the study of the motions of Uranus and Neptune. Lowell funded three searches for the Planet X and set up the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona."

Elenin Distance: Jan 1 - 1930

And she is right about this :

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by edtheduck
I give up trying to talk sense into people about 2012 ,most people need some kind of drame/impending doom scenario to keep them charged up ,other wise the dullness of real life sinks in and they might actually have to live in the here and now aka reality . Most people are now info junkies who need constant stimulation and like most drugs ,the more they get the more they need to reach the same altered state ,hence why the stories and theories get progressively darker and more absurd until they ..........burn out ,stupid is what stupid does .

I can understand why you might think like that but has it not occured to you that perhaps people are simply interested as they are in many things - 'you can't talk sense to people' they make their own minds up.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
While cannot dispute ANY claim in this thread or in others like it, i would like to find more information on the topic as my own search (not on you tube) has left me with many question.

1st: while i cannot prove this i will say that when i stared looking into this subject due to this ATS thread(if you read you will see why i decided to do this research), some of the information on the wiki page for Comet Elenin was not there and has only been recently added(given that this is a recent finding it is understandable), also some of the links provided in that thread are no longer accessible, perhaps it is just me and you can have better luck.
SpaceObs.org or what used to be Leonid's blog among others...check em out tell me if its just me.

the second question i have is concerning the apparent synchronicity involved in the location of the comet and a list of earthquakes as note by another member cosmicgirl30, also a good point to note that just because we didnt know about Elenin prior to dec. 2010 does not mean it did not exist......My question being, If this is not being caused by Elenin, then what, if anything can be attributed to this coincidence(which should be noted i do not believe in coincidence).

I would also like to point out some further information in regards to Brown dwarves and their apparent difficulty in locating.

Given how hard they are to spot, the possibility of an ultracool brown dwarf being in the Suns neighborhood, and perhaps closer than the Alpha Centauri stars, cannot be ruled out. In any case, mission planners think WISE will find hundreds of the objects within a few parsecs of the Sun. And who knows, we may yet find a perturbing body whose presence accounts for anomalous orbits like that of Sedna.
(for those unfamiliar with Sedna you can read here that it is believed to be an Oort cloud object.

Interestingly enough while searching for information on this "Oort cloud" i came across further speculation in regards to a nearby brown dwarf or companion star. (please read the full article)

"Richard A. Muller and others have postulated that the Sun has a heretofore undetected companion star in an elliptical orbit beyond the Oort cloud based on the records of heavy bombardments on the Earth that caused mass extinctions."

which also seems to be backed up by a number of other sites and articles by doing a quick search for "disturbances in the Oort cloud"

As for the locating of these "dark stars" there have been two major programs which have led to some discoveries, one being the 1980's NASA IRAS program which turned up such speculative information like This and was then "redacted" by NASA a year later. I was able to locate some of those articles(for purchase) at The New York Times and The Washington Post

Then there is also the recently concluded WISE Program from which the information is due to be released this April. Among that site is another interesting article titled Can Wise find the Hypothetical "Tyche"

Please i urge you all to explore these links and come back to share your findings and thoughts and maybe answer the questions i have.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Nice coincidence .....

Elenin Perfect Alignment - Watch the Date

Uranus - known as Ouranos, was the embodiment of the sky or heavens, and known as the god of the sky.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nedined

Nedined, Sterologist is 100% correct and your rebuttal is incorrect to the point of being nonsensical.

If you are honestly interested in facts, a class in basic astronomy or at the least a few hours of honest research would pay you great personal dividends and quickly correct some of the falsehoods you are posting.

If your interest is promoting scaremongering and disinformation you would be even better served by educating yourself in some basics. Judging by content, you currently do not seem knowledgeable enough to be fooling anyone with a middle school education in science and passing interest in cosmology much less arguing the point with people who have an obviousously greater understanding of the subject matter than yourself.

There is no shame in not knowing, we all have to learn sometime or another as nobody is born all knowing. Not knowing and refusing to learn in favour of your own self concocted "truths" is sad if you just keep it to yourself but dishonest when you choose to include others.

To reiterate, Brown dwarf objects are made of the same stuff as Jupiter, they are just more massive.
They not only reflect visible light but generate lots of electromagnetic energy making them easier to observe from close distance (close as in within our solar system).

Comets do not show a tail until they get much closer to the sun than C/2010 X1 Elenin is now.

Etc, etc, etc...

Sorry for being blunt but at the end of the day we are all here to deny ignorance, are we not?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

IRAS ended up discovering no new objects within our solar system. The objects mentioned in the Washington Post article turned out to be nine galaxies and an infrared cirrus. Muller has also rejected the Nemesis hypothesis in favor of the Tyche hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
One simple answer. HAARP

Why has your post not been removed yet?

So the answer to all is HARP then?
My boyfriend cheated on me? HARP!
I got a stomach virus? HARP!
Where are my car keys? HARP!
What is the secret of the...HARP
Will I ever find true...HARP!

Yeah...really?

More importantly, a poster on here (I forget the name, sorry) stated that Nibiru (Niburur? Noobaru?) is more likely a ship of sorts. I think this is an extremely intriguing idea. No I don't think there is a destructive brown dwarf headed our way. As to the validity of a binary system, that is possible. But that body would be way out in the outer reaches of the Oort cloud.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXGuy

1. No new planet sized mass or larger is within the orbits of the known planets
2. Alignments are meaningless in terms of earthquakes or eruptions

This post is a double fail.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join