It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Does NOT EXISTS!! Instead - Brown Dwarf: NIBIRU!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Doesn't happen every day of the week, does it!

Actually it happens quite often with wonderful displays of meteor showers.

A meteor shower is the result of an interaction between a planet, such as Earth, and streams of debris from a comet.

meteor showers

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking
reply to post by weedwhacker

Fearmongering?
Well, we ARE going through it - the tail, that is.
Doesn't happen every day of the week, does it!
Perhaps we should look at what happened in about 1650 BC in Egypt, possibly the only clue as to what might happen this coming September.

mclinking

You do realise that every single comet that nears the Sun has its tail change direction so that it faces the Sun, right?

The one time we'll be in Elenin's tail is in July.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

...its tail change direction so that it faces the Sun....

'...faces away from the Sun', I am certain you meant to write.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Found this excellent ATS thread for your education and enlightenment:

Comet Elenin size, distance and scale explained.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by NyxOne

...its tail change direction so that it faces the Sun....

'...faces away from the Sun', I am certain you meant to write.

Eh, yeah.

We'll also be in the tail in September, but no other time.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

where did you read that comet holmes coma was bigger then the sun as you state?

i would like a source please

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:gMlCUTLXScsJ:spaceobs.org/en/tag/comet-elenin/+www.spaceobs.org...&hl=en &gl=us&strip=1

Comet Elenin continues to increase in size, and another close approach with a large Main belt asteroid

---An analysis of the results of the observations shows a rapid growth of the coma. Besides the internal compact gas envelope, the forming rarified external coma is also visible in the image. It’s diameter exceeds 1 minute of arc, or 80,000 km! It is possible that such a rapid growth of the coma is associated with the apparent superposition over it of the comet’s dust tail, which after opposition, still remains invisible to the Earthly observer.

Tail length of comet Elenin exceeds 900 000 km

Its growing now isn't it. At this point, diameter is much larger than twice earth, but seems to be considerable larger, ours is just over 12 000 km.

The tail is quite alarming too.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

spaceorbs site is down. Wasn't half an hour ago.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:gMlCUTLXScsJ:spaceobs.org/en/tag/comet-elenin/+www.spaceobs.org...&hl=en &gl=us&strip=1

Comet Elenin continues to increase in size, and another close approach with a large Main belt asteroid

---An analysis of the results of the observations shows a rapid growth of the coma. Besides the internal compact gas envelope, the forming rarified external coma is also visible in the image. It’s diameter exceeds 1 minute of arc, or 80,000 km! It is possible that such a rapid growth of the coma is associated with the apparent superposition over it of the comet’s dust tail, which after opposition, still remains invisible to the Earthly observer.

Tail length of comet Elenin exceeds 900 000 km

Its growing now isn't it. At this point, diameter is much larger than twice earth, but seems to be considerable larger, ours is just over 12 000 km.

The tail is quite alarming too.

Coma, you idiot.

The gas cloud surrounding the comet.

What's laughable is that you apparently seem to think that a comet that's 12,000 kilometers in diameter would go completely unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

It hasn't gone unnoticed and now many are scrambling to do something as they are scared.

You can sit here and put people down all you want as you are a prime example of what's wrong with humanity, oh if there's no facts it's not true. You are too trustworthy of TPTB and are unwilling to just think for yourself.

Are you some sort of expert on this topic?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

You can sit here and put people down all you want as you are a prime example of what's wrong with humanity, oh if there's no facts it's not true. You are too trustworthy of TPTB and are unwilling to just think for yourself.

Exactly. If there are no facts, there is no reason to believe something is true. Fear of the unknown is counter-evolutionary. Stop letting ignorant people do your thinking for you and think for yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That's just it I'm not afraid and as such i can feel something is not right as of lately and want to find out what it is. I have noticed him and another peep coming into all Niburu/PlanetX threads and always discrediting them. Why is that unless they are some "expert" or dis-info agent of sorts if you like.

It gets old and I know ATS is all about denying ignorance but do show me the proof that Elenin is not getting bigger and it's trajectory is not changing unexpectedly!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
NASA has affirmed it's existence, what more proof do you need? It will be here soon! Get ready for the afterlife!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

What has it said about it's existence?

I would like a link as I don't have too much time to search for things on here.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Not a lot has been said, which makes it more interesting. It seems as though they are admitting it is there, but kind of hoping it will just go away.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

NASA has affirmed it's existence, what more proof do you need? It will be here soon! Get ready for the afterlife!

It's just a comet, a cosmic snowball. Dozens of comets pass through our neighborhood every year. This isn't even a very big one. Do a little bit of research before you freak out. Start here.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

That's just it I'm not afraid and as such i can feel something is not right as of lately and want to find out what it is. I have noticed him and another peep coming into all Niburu/PlanetX threads and always discrediting them. Why is that unless they are some "expert" or dis-info agent of sorts if you like.

It gets old and I know ATS is all about denying ignorance but do show me the proof that Elenin is not getting bigger and it's trajectory is not changing unexpectedly!

Leonid Yelenin is quite proud of his "baby" and is keeping track of it on the SpaceObs website. You will find links there to other observatories that are tracking it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorazineshuffle

Not a lot has been said, which makes it more interesting. It seems as though they are admitting it is there, but kind of hoping it will just go away.

If there ever was a post more vague, I'd love to see it.

Care to provide anything other than the typical 'NASA knows it's there and they're not telling!' drivel?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Why are you alarmed about the tail. It's a comet tail. The Earth passes through comet tails all of the time. It makes for those splendid meteor showers everyone can enjoy.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The problem is not that someone is dealing with a person that wants to know, but rather a person that refuses to acknowledge their repeated mistakes. It is as if the rejection of the information on comets is done to continue an unwarranted fear mongering program.

oh if there's no facts it's not true.

This is not a sensible argument nor is it the case in this discussion. The issue is not that there are no facts on which to make decisions. Rather it is a concerted effort to avoid the facts. The facts are simple. This is a comet. It is a rather unremarkable comet. There are other comets in the inner part of the solar system. Comet Elenin is no more interesting than these other visitors to this part of our solar system.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join