It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin Does NOT EXISTS!! Instead - Brown Dwarf: NIBIRU!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.madsci.org...

in this article it talks about planets forming around binary stars, its says and i qoute

The condition to form a planetary system in a binary is that the stars are not too close and that one of the stars is massive enough to keep the planets in elliptical orbits that are not too elongated. If the components of the binary are too close and have similar masses, whatever planets are formed in the primordial nebula will wander around the stars in chaotic orbits or will have very elongated orbits and could even be expelled from the binary. If one of the stars is far enough or have much less mass than the other, planets will form around the more massive star, called the primary star, and will have nearly circular orbits. This is important to prevent the planet from becoming too hot or too cold at different times of the year.

now it says it one of the stars is more massive then the other "IE" our sun being more massive than the supposed "nibiru" then the planets that form will only form around the more massive star, so it is impossible for "nibiru" to have planets orbiting it like people have been saying

Computer simulations by Quintana, Adamas, Lissauer and Chambers (The Astrophysical Journal, Vol. 660, p. 807, 2007) show that planets can form within 2 AU from the primary when the minimum separation of two stars is 10 AU. That's not enough to form a Jupiter that will herd water-carrying bodies to the inner planets, but at least most planets in this case will have nearly circular orbits. Planets farther out will have too eccentric orbits or their orbits will be perturbed by the other star and will probably be expelled. Out of 200 extrasolar planets or so discovered so far 33 are known to orbit components of binaries or triple stars, but the separations of the stars are larger than 100 AU. At those distances, a solar type star will have no influence on the temperature of a planet closer to the primary. Three planets have been discovered in binaries with separations less than 20 AU. This does not mean that closer binaries have no planets, but discovering them with available techniques is difficult. By the way, a recent investigation by Eggenberger, Udry, Mazeh, Segal and Mayor (Astronomy and Astrophyics, Vol. 466, p. 1179, 2007) failed to confirm the existence of a Jupiter-like planet around HD 188753 A.

this is saying that the two stars have to be separated by a minimum orbit have no less then 10 AU or else the planets that form in the outer solar system would have to eccentric orbits and would be explelled from the solar system

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Absolute rubbish!!
Leonid = meteor shower
Ele = Extinction Level Event
nin = people (Japanese)

There is no such person as Leonid Elenin, a fictitious character invented by NASA.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Very good! And who invented that? NASA would be proud of you. Drop them a line. You'll get a good job : Chief Debunker.
Maybe you've aleady got it!

mclinking

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Absolute rubbish!!
Leonid = meteor shower
nin = people (Japanese)

There is no such person as Leonid Elenin, a fictitious character invented by NASA.

mclinking

en.wikipedia.org...

ru-ru.facebook.com...

www.linkedin.com...

spaceobs.org... And the site he operates.

Yep. Totally not real.

Idiot.

I have found records of several other people named Elenin, and Leonid is one of the most common Russian names in existence.

Did you forget Brezhnev, or did you just sleep through history class?

Oh, and how about you do something a little more constructive than calling people who know their # 'chief debunkers'.
edit on 8-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by NyxOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by Mercurio
E.L.E.N.I.N. = Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near

ELENIN: Every Little Elephant Needs Improved Nurturing.

I can do it too.

ELENIN: Everyone lets eat NyxOne in Nevada.

Me too!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

Originally posted by NyxOne

Originally posted by Mercurio
E.L.E.N.I.N. = Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near

ELENIN: Every Little Elephant Needs Improved Nurturing.

I can do it too.

ELENIN: Everyone lets eat NyxOne in Nevada.

Me too!

Hm, inventive. Commendable.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Oh!! I wanna play, too!

nin = people

Ele = Even lemmings enjoy......

nin = people....no, the rock band Nine Inch Nails!! It is sooooo obvious, silly!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
My turn:
Every Leprechaun Erases Naughty Irish Names.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

It is amazing what I can learn by reading at ATS.

I have to admit that I did not know that.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Every LovableEskimo Needs Insulated Nickers

edit on 9-4-2011 by guessing because: Bolding for effect

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Elenin is a planet becuase von helton said so

smell my sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I sent a letter to JPL here is the response I got from them, make what you wan't of it, but according to them there is nothing to worry about.

Comet Elenin was discovered in December of last year at magnitude 19.5.
While most comets these days are found by professional astronomers,
amateurs using sophisticated equipment are still making the occassional
discovery. Determining the size of a comet is difficult because the solid
nucleus is hidden from view by the gas and dust that is emitted from it.

Judging from its brightness, comet Elenin is a rather modest comet that
will reach a maximum apparent brightness of about 7th magnitude in
mid-October of this year. It will pass within about 22 million miles of
Earth on October 16, 2011 - but no closer.

This comet might be an interesting object for amateur astronomers with
small telescopes but it should be of no concern whatever.

Information about this comet, or any other comet or asteroid, can be
accessed here: ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Best regards,
Don Yeomans

Dr. Donald K. Yeomans
Manager, NASA Near-Earth Object Program Office
301-121
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Pasadena, CA 91109-8099

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Discovered in Dec 2010?
Well, you can see where this just discovered object was in Sep 2010! Or, if you like, go further back - try it on JLS data base. Why's that? Because NASA spotted it in 1983 and have been watching it ever since. Very soon, it shall enter the Mercury orbit. Why doesn't some bright spark get its coordinates and scan an image from Google or whatever and put it on this site for all of us to see, this 'comet'.
I'm waiting.
Thank you.

mclinking

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking

Discovered in Dec 2010?
Well, you can see where this just discovered object was in Sep 2010! Or, if you like, go further back - try it on JLS data base. Why's that? Because NASA spotted it in 1983 and have been watching it ever since. Very soon, it shall enter the Mercury orbit. Why doesn't some bright spark get its coordinates and scan an image from Google or whatever and put it on this site for all of us to see, this 'comet'.
I'm waiting.
Thank you.

mclinking

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Whoops.

How's that education workin' out for you?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Discovered in Dec 2010?

Comet Elenin (C/2010 X1) made its debut on December 10th when Leonid Elenin, an observer in Lyubertsy, Russia, remotely acquired four 4-minute-long images using an 18-inch (45-cm) telescope at the ISON-NM observatory near Mayhill, New Mexico. Follow-up images by Aleksei Sergeyev and Artyom Novichonok at Maidanak Observatory in Uzbekistan revealed more about the new find: it had a teardrop-shaped, very diffuse coma just 6 arcseconds across and a tiny tail.

Sky and Telescope

Well, you can see where this just discovered object was in Sep 2010! Or, if you like, go further back - try it on JLS data base. Why's that? Because NASA spotted it in 1983 and have been watching it ever since.

No, because once its orbital parameters are known, the JSC program can extrapolate its orbit backwards in time. Of course, the further back you go, the less accurate the extrapolation will be. Where did you get the strange idea that NASA spotted such a tiny little comet 30 years ago, back when it was 50,000 AUs away, past the orbit of Pluto?

Very soon, it shall enter the Mercury orbit. Why doesn't some bright spark get its coordinates and scan an image from Google or whatever and put it on this site for all of us to see, this 'comet'.

It will graze Mercury's orbit at its perihelion, but Mercury will be nowhere near at the time. (Which is actually too bad, as Mercury's gravitational pull might have decelerated it enough to plunge it into the Sun. That would be cool!) It would be pointless using Google Sky tp obtain an image of the comet, so here is a recent one from an actual observatory:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c5c7751f158e.jpg[/atsimg]
Observatoire Soulier

I'm waiting.

Not any more.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Why doesn't some bright spark go find a telescope, the co-ordinates and have a look for themselves instead of injecting false theories on a website.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Hello?
Are you with me or against me?
I believed NASA when it said in mid 80's they'd discovered planet X. When NASA suddenly and quickly afterwards said they'd made a mistake, did I accept that? No I damn well didn't. To me, the issue still remains and 25 years later is still being debunked.
As regards the only picture I've seen about this comet, this comes from a French observatory. Well, now its a bit dated. Can we have another one? After all, its moved on a bit, would like to see what it looks like now its nearer. Whoever showed that image, can they post an update please? And what about all the other major observatories - are they all silent on this object?

mclinking

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

If you ever actually read the article about the IRAS data you would have seen that a planet was just one of many possibilities. It ended up being a distant ultra-luminous galaxy, which was one of the other possibilities listed. Other objects discovered in the IRAS survey were eight other ultra-luminous galaxies and an infrared cirrus. No new objects were discovered within our solar system.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I believed NASA when it said in mid 80's they'd discovered planet X. When NASA suddenly and quickly afterwards said they'd made a mistake, did I accept that? No I damn well didn't. To me, the issue still remains and 25 years later is still being debunked.

NASA never said they discovered Planet X.

As regards the only picture I've seen about this comet, this comes from a French observatory. Well, now its a bit dated. Can we have another one? After all, its moved on a bit, would like to see what it looks like now its nearer.

If this is so important to you, why don't you do some research on your own? Here's a photo from a German observatory from last week; it may even have been updated since:
Bernhard Hausler:

Whoever showed that image, can they post an update please? And what about all the other major observatories - are they all silent on this object?

Because, believe it or not, C2010X-1 is not a very important comet. Major observatories have very expensive long term projects they are working on. Comet watching, no offense intended, is an amateur sport. Leonid Yelenin is co-ordinating an effort to make measurements as the comet passes near asteroids in an attempt to determine their relative masses, which is extremely good and valuable science.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

This hoax still lingers despite no one being able to show where NASA made such a statement. NASA never made such a claim. There was no retraction either.

As regards the only picture I've seen about this comet, this comes from a French observatory. Well, now its a bit dated. Can we have another one? After all, its moved on a bit, would like to see what it looks like now its nearer. Whoever showed that image, can they post an update please? And what about all the other major observatories - are they all silent on this object?

Why would major observatories waste their time taking photos to calm down a few people that think everything is a conspiracy?

Take a look at the comet hunter site to see just how many comets are discovered every year. It's really unclear to me why anyone would latch onto one particular comet since so many are out there.
Catalogue of Comet Discoveries

Here is another list
Current Comets
edit on 10-4-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join