It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Requests U.S. To Block Popular Websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
www.beforeitsnews.com

In a recent effort to improve recovery efforts from the recent earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan, the military has decided to block the use of certain websites from its network. Japanese military has reported that these sites are not being blocked due to any content reason but solely to improve the bandwidth necessary for militaristic needs. On Monday the U.S. Pacific Command received a request to block the 13 highest traffic usage sites commonly used on military networks such as YouTube, Google Video, Amazon, eBay, Myspace, and MTV.com.

Umm, excuse me? This is a little odd.

To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of it as of yet- that is the beauty of ATS, take it away friends!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
LOL Japan...I like you, but you're crazy.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This story is confusing to me. It seems to suggest by title that Japan is going to block this stuff. But then it says "the military." So I assumed the Japanese miltary, but the picture looks decidedly non-Japanese, and the article quotes some US military.

Color me puzzled. Who is blocking what here? Japan's military blocking national access? Or only access for military personnel? Or the US military blocking out its people? Or the US military blocking access for Japan?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Seriously, are military personnel dedicating that much of their time on a militaristic network to surfing and online shopping that it is strenuous on bandwidth?

Tax dollars at great use, yet again....not mine though, I'm an Aussie
(I'm aware of the misappropriation of mine in other areas)

On a more interesting note to the bandwidth control is the continuing use of Facebook in Japan. The site is considered one of the highest bandwidth usage portals in the region

The above however, would suggest a national block.

edit on 25/3/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: Add Quote

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

HA!! I think it's obvious why they would want such a thing to happen! Cause there losing credibility! Flat out lying and covering # up and then trying to blame it on us?

Here's an suggestion... The next time they have a idea like that, write on a piece of paper and shove it up their a$$

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Sucha Fool again?

When will ATS learn not to quote that Faal?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
That is strange on a couple of points.

"websites commonly used on military networks"
Do they mean being used by U.S. military personnel ?

I don't think that our military would be using any
third party networks. I would hope.

I don't know what to make of this either.

ETA:
Faal??

Oh....nevermind....
edit on 25-3-2011 by Zeptepi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarnished Templar
This story is confusing to me. It seems to suggest by title that Japan is going to block this stuff. But then it says "the military." So I assumed the Japanese miltary, but the picture looks decidedly non-Japanese, and the article quotes some US military.

Color me puzzled. Who is blocking what here? Japan's military blocking national access? Or only access for military personnel? Or the US military blocking out its people? Or the US military blocking access for Japan?

Yeah... Same with me. They're blocking the access to these websites from Japan? From the military IN Japan? From the japanese military? From everyone in world? What's the deal?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Sucha Fool again?

When will ATS learn not to quote that Faal?

Sorry? Sucha fool again? FaaL?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Its very simple.

Japan has requested that certain websites be blocked for US Military Personal stationed in and directly around Japan.

Why? Because the sites in question are bandwidth hogs and currently Japan doesn't have the capabilities to handle all the bandwidth without it causing interruptions to other more vital net based services.

They have taken similar steps on their own networks already presumably, however don't get too paranoid this isnt about blacking out Japans net communications with the rest of the world. There are still plenty of sites (including video upload/streaming and news sites) that they can access without any problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This would be so the millions of innocent Japanese people cant tell the world they are being poisoned by radiation slowly. And the Japanese government has been lying to them all the way. And still is !!
edit on 7/16/2010 by bjsmi2 because: type o

edit on 7/16/2010 by bjsmi2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Already posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And the story isn't all screwed up there like on the beforeitsnews link.

new topics

top topics

join