It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi to All from a Semi-Newbie & Triangular UFO's Over Hudson River, NY on 3/25/2011 around 11pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Good evening, all! I've been responding to posts for the last few days but still haven't hit the magic "20" to post in the Forums so first, I'll say hi! It's great to be part of ATS and I've enjoying reading and communicating with some of you over the last several days.

OK - so here's why I was so anxious to post myself and my adrenaline is pumping so sorry if there are mistakes. I live in Rockland County, NY, across the Hudson River from Westchester and I'm always noticing weird things over the river (strange weather fronts that will come half way across the river or unusual currents - you get the gist). Anyway, tonight I looked out around 11 pm and noticed three objects that at first looked like light sticks (you know the glow sticks you can get at a novelty shop) hovering over the river. It was weird because they were vertical and hovering and then slowly moving in unpredictible ways. I watched them for about 2 minutes trying to decide if maybe they were helicopters but when one started to change and look like a triangle with either red or dark orange lights, (it appeared to have a longer row of lights hanging down like a tail for lack of a better description), I ran for the camera. Now, I have 3 cameras. Tried the cellphone first - nothing came through. Other two had dead batteries. So I'm sitting here frantically trying to get fresh batteries in them, figuring that I'll turn around and they'll be gone because too much time has passed but after a minute or so, I notice a faint flash of small red lights all the way across the river and then the show begins again. Needless to say, I haven't used the other two camera in ages and first it flashes and the things scramble. Again, I figure they're gone so I'm fiddling with the controls and sure enough, they're back. I snapped two more shots but couldn't get them in the frame and my pre-light for red eye kept going off. So I'm looking at the controls again to try to figure it out and glance out the window and the one that I would describe as a stick light, is coming closer and stops behind this huge evergreen tree about 50 years from my window. Then it comes out from the side and when I go to snap a picture, it goes back behind the tree. I swear the thing was playing hide and seek with me. When it started moving to the side again, that's when I got nervous and quickly ran into the other room (a wuss, I know). Anyway, sorry I don't have pix to share but I'll keep watching for them. Has anybody ever had the experience of drawing their attention with flashes and do they sound similar to anything you've ever seen? I had a few VERY scary experiences when I was a little girl and I never really want to mess with those things again. I'm going to try to figure out how to make my camera stealth-like with no flashes or pre-lights and hopefully I'll have something to share. If I can't figure it out, I'm not messing around with them. Is anyone else in this area who saw these things? They're really disconcerting in their movements and when the thing was hiding behind the tree and then coming out, I really freaked. Oh yeah, my cats started chasing each other around like wild lunatics at the same time. They play like that at times but this was super hyper mode and it took me a few minutes to calm them down. I don't know if it's related but it's awfully coincidental.

Have a good evening, all!
Timidgal

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
tell me your batteries are charged now

that sound pretty freaky- in for pics

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
tell me your batteries are charged now

that sound pretty freaky- in for pics

Oh they are brand new but now I need to work on keeping my hands from being gittery. All has been quiet since but I have a feeling they'll eventually show back up. Tomorrow night would be okay with me as I'm still spooked. I'll post if I get anything.

link   
Interesting i also witnessed a strange ufo tonight.i was outside smoking a cig with my brother and we saw a strange bright light just right above the neighbors roof it was motionless but i had a feeling it would start moving and a minute or so later it actually did. it was slightly slower than normal planes... the light was bright white at first then seconds later it started blinking and changing to a bright orange color that's when it disappeared behind some the hills btw it was flying pretty low i'd say because all the stars in the sky were extremely dim and this was brighter than any star. i'm also pretty drunk right now so feel free to ask me question if i didn't make any sense.
edit on 25-3-2011 by littleweedmen because: (no reason given)

link   

Im not doubting you in anyway or anyone else tat has seen or had an expirence but iw ant to see a pipcture already!!!one that cant be disputed over!

edit on 25-3-2011 by renegadeprincess because: better reply

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by littleweedmen

LOL - I wish I was drunk too littleweedmen but you described it EXACTLY how I saw it. Where are you located?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
. . . stops behind this huge evergreen tree about 50 years from my window. . .

Perhaps they really are time travelers - your statement above, plus the fact that your title indicates you'll see them in about 21 hours from now . . .

Just kidding. I understand how you could be excited at what you saw and make a few typos - just thought it was really great. Good luck with your pictures. And welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I'm surprised that's the only typo I made. Also, I appreciated the double entendre (50 years = 21 hours)!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
pics

or it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Jeez - you guys are a tough crowd!! In all seriousness, I'm still spooked and I've been looking for them but nothing again. Believe me, I'm a person of logic so I respectfully accept your statement until (or if) I can snap and post a picture.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I cant believe it but I got some pictures guys. Give me a view minutes to download them. Pretty amazing and when they get closer together, they make each other shine more. Give me a few minutes...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
hey hey this isnt the only time that i have heard or seen a weird object above the hudson

IM RIGHT ACROSS THE RIVER MAN - (ossining)

i'v also seen some weird crap and also some weird lights popping outta no where with kno noise and also hovering

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Hang tight, bro. I'm trying to upload these pix and I've never done it before. Gotta tell ya that the Hudson is one weird place. Don't know if you saw it on Monday night but it was ligke a black wall had come down. I couldn't see any of the lights on the Westchester side or on the TZB. Turned out to be the thickest fog I have ever seen in my life. Really eerie! We'll exchange experiences sometime but right now I need to figure out how to upload these. I'm freaked right now because the things are gone from the sky and I have a really funky feeling. There's a cold breeze going through my room so if I should disappear....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
OK so I've never done this before and couldn't do it correctly. If someone wants to give me their email address, I'll gladly email the file over for transfer to the thread. Let me know tomorrow. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
So I spent most of the night watching these things as they drifted and looped and seemed to play up and down the Hudson River. I promise to post pictures today as soon as I can figure out how to transfer them to the website, but after seeing some of these things fairly close up, I'm pretty sure I know what they are. In my opinion, they are definitely some type of probe(s) and not of the extra-t kind. Firstly, there are different kinds and as you'll see from the pix I post, some are small, shaped almost like a chess pawn, and those typically travel in pairs. They drift apart for a while but always reunite, if you will, and when they do, their colors change and pulsate. It's pretty cool but they're hard to catch with a camera (at least mine). Then there are the ones that look like cigars. Those were hard to see with the naked eye (all I could see was an outline of something) but the digital camera caught it somewhat clearly. Lastly, there are the ones I initally described as triangular in shape with what looks like a tail. These are the most common - I must have seen at least 20-25 of them during the course of the night and once I was no longer scared that the little grays were going to pop out and take me away, I really sat and looked at them. Firstly, they are silent (I opened my window to try to hear anything) and they can either hover, as one did for over four hours right alongside the Tappan Zee Bridge (this was the last to leave approximately 20 minutes ago as the sun was coming up), or they can propel themselves. I do think that at least some of them are controlled remotely because as I said before, they can and do propel themselves without crashing into trees or houses and also because there's no question that one of them was playing with me earlier in the night, which means that someone is manning the controls. So, now we can all feel safe and cozy in the fact that, at least for today, it is merely big brother spying on us and not the big grays. Doesn't that make everyone feel all warm and cozy??? I'll download and get the pix posted after a few hours sleep. Have a good day everyone and don't worry - you are not alone.....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
lets see these photos dude

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Sorry it took so long but I had no clue what I was doing and still don't. There are better ones than these but uploading them has been a pain without knowing how to resize, etc. In the meantime, I wanted to get a few initial one's posted and will hopefully have some more tomorrow:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fa53b137379.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/165295fb3dcc.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35cdf5fa35da.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77bef4801a3a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe0c6ffd3ad5.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join