It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Prices Are A JOkE...Why Cant we get together at least on this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Here we go again. It makes me sick to see this and have to spend my hard earned money on gas instead of being able to spend it on what things I feel that I deserve for working my ass off everyday. Im someone who has to commute a good distance to and from work. Like many of you have to do too im sure. To me it seems that anymore I pretty much am working to pay for my gas to actually get me there and taking away from me the extra money that I could be taking my daughter to a new movie she wants to see or taking a night out with my girlfriend. The more money I have to put in my tank the lesss money I have to do things that would make life a little more bearable...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbbca890a7dc.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a pic of me and my family. They are the most beautiful and important [eople in my life! ot sucks knowing that instead of being able to take them out and do fun things with them that I have to stick the money in my gas tank. I love my car and driving its so much easier but Im affraid its goona be taken away from like everything else that they are already taking away.And the saddest part is that its just goona get worse. With the things I have read that they are calling for gas to maybe exceed $5.00 /gallon is ridiculas. Not only will that mean more money in the gas tank but it will mean the more I/we will have to spend on everyday necessities and to me this is bull##it! It shouldnt and doesnt have to get to this. I understand that its hard for us to think of boycotting gas but it just may have to come down to this. People say that were asleep and blind to whats being done but take a look at the workers in WIS. They got together when they were being done wrong and attempted to do something about it and it made a difference. Even if you have to carpool or walk that block to the local mini mart or downsizing all the running in and out to go here and to there into less trips. I have heard many times of people trying to get everyone together to boycott gas prices. Why cant we do this? Yeah it would make life a little more dufficult but it could wake the big wigs up and maybe just maybe they would stop trying to screw us every which way we turn. For people that think "what would I do without my car?'...BUY a bike or Buy bikes for the entire family if ya have to. Or take the bus..yeah they use gas but alot less than everyone driving their cars. Its just if gas prices get to the point of what they are calling for I dont think people will have any other choice but to do these things...So why not everyone try to do something about at least this so our lives wont just keep getting worse?
edit on 24-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: pic

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

If the government is secretly holding onto some alternative power/fuel source NOW would be a good time to reveal it.

*Ahem* I said NOW would be a good time to reveal it.

*COUGH COUGH* NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO REVEAL IT!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I'd love to be able to take a bus or a train in to work.

Infortunately I come from a country where government has totally comitted to petrol vehicles and roading.

Public transport infrastructure here in New Zealand is a joke!

So I sit for hours daily creeping along at 20km/h on motorways designed for 100km/h, burning through expensive fuel and trapped by this system of govern-mentality!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Nice looking family. Unfortunately, the government and their masters at the oil companies feel that they should have the nice things in life instead of you and yours experiencing those things.

Here's what baffles me...A couple of years ago when gas was a bit over $4/gal in CA the price per barrel was around $150. Right now the price is around $105, yet we are paying almost the same at the pump as when it was around 45% higher per barrel. I smell a scam.

edit on 24-3-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Actually, I'm for boycotting everything (except food and water, of course). If everyone said "No! No more!" there really isn't a lot TPTB could do.

Unfortunately, most people like their creature comforts too much to give them up.

Paychecks and credit cards are the shackles of the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
reply to post by gdaub23

If the government is secretly holding onto some alternative power/fuel source NOW would be a good time to reveal it.

*Ahem* I said NOW would be a good time to reveal it.

*COUGH COUGH* NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME TO REVEAL IT!

Pft, they will tell you to ride a bike dude, don't ask things like that or you'll get the old, why when I was your age I hadda walk to 5 miles to school, uphill in the snow with torn converse and handme down clothes, and I was happy to havem!. You damn kids got it easy yadda yadda.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Agreed, but what kind of car do you drive? Obviously you can lower your gasoline consumption by driving a more fuel efficient vehicle.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

a chevy cobalt so its already really good on gas it just seems like it still takes an arm an a leg anymore and pretty soon its gonna be taking more..ut thats really not the point. we are being raped and no one is blowing their whistle...i feel even worse for those that have suvs and trucks that they need for their jobs
edit on 25-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This chart is a little old but it gives a good idea as to what the rest of the world pays for gas.
WORLD GAS PRICES
It seems clear to me that the US could easily afford $10/gallon gas.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Funny thing, I have a buddy who works at a canadian kerogen oil processing facility solidly located in the 'middle of nowhere,' as he puts it. As an incentive, they let employees buy diesel at cost - he asked me to guess how much he pays.

"30 cents a gallon?" I asked.

"Nah, EIGHT CENTS a gallon," he replied.

I was of course, vaguely miffed.

Was he pulling my leg? Maybe. But I'll choose to be angry and believe him, as righteous indignation is a satisfying feeling.

Just thought I'd post some hearsay.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

1. Beautiful family.

2. Good points.

3. The hard reality is that America has somehow found its way into a commute-based society. People moved away from inner cities, living in lush suburbs away from urban areas. That has lead to our increased reliance on foreign oil because of that "necessary" commute. The obvious solution is for people to move CLOSE to where they work, which will in most cases bring them into areas they would NOT want to live in because of higher crime, drug use, low-income situations, etc. Therefore, living in suburbs serves as a buffer between the household and the problems associated with work location. We may just need to change our model and have employees decide to live closer to employment. Unfortunately, it's easier said than done. Jobs come and go, and where you live makes a huge impact on the quality of life.

4. Another option is to find work that is close to where you *already* live. For some, this may be easy, and based on chance and Fate. For others, it may seem an impossibility.

5. Why not bicycle to work? Well, LOL, we all have seen how many *poor* drivers there are out there, right? Sure, you might save some bucks, but you're likely to get runover.

In the end, we're going to have to change our society on a grand scale to get over this, whether that "grand scale" is a massive GRASS ROOTS campaign or government-structured implementation, or some creative combination of both. Perhaps businesses that give salary increases or benefits to those people who move closer and commute via bike should be given tax breaks. Perhaps businesses should be encouraged to create housing units near work locations? Maybe business benefits might include the civilian equivalent to military housing? There are many, many ideas. However, most involve MONEY. And right now, it's scarce.

My personal recommendation is to (if possible) relocate closer to work, OR find work closer to where you live. Easier said than done, I know. But there are few options. I hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

I hear you, I drive 40 miles to work everyday. Although they are predicting that oil gains could help the dollar rebound, so it could be a good thing?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

thank you much...see i live in a smaller town and its nearly impossible to find a good job unless i wanted to work at a minimart or fast food place...so for me like many others its go great distance for a good job or work at one of these spots and collect welfare...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

thats a good ?...the more we pay for gas the less we have to put into the economy and so on and so on...its a domino effect and the corporate pigs are pushing over the first domino

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I saw an interview yesterday on Bloomberg business channel. They were saying the worst case scenario would be $500 a barrel if Saudi had trouble for any reason as in public instability. We are so so dependent on fossil fuels its very sad. Cost of living is rising and will get very much worse world wide. Good luck with the house hold budgets...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

IF its true; yes. You pay more for gas but you pay less for everything else. I will try to find an article that does a better job and goes into more detail than I did.

here we go:
www.dailyfx.com...

edit on 25-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: link

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

There have been many threads posted on here that show the price of fuel every western country is close to the same it is the taxes in other countrys that give the U.S cheaper fuel. We also drill half of everything we use domesticly that helps a little on price.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

we are paying over 4 dollars for a gallon of milk now...what will it be when oil and gas prices get higher? 6,7 or 8 dollars? who knows...all i know is i might need to buy a cow and milk it myself...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
im thinking about investing in a horse and just riding my horse everywhere. i live in the hood though it might get stolen.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Forget the conspiracy and questions about gas prices and that stuff. I just wanna know why some people are so dang interested in posting their families faces on a freaken' conspiracy website forum.

edit on 2-4-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join