It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMOs linked to emergence of deadly new pathogen causing spontaneous abortions among animals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

This pathogen appears to be link to widespread spontaneous abortions among cattle. As Huber explains, "450 of 1,000 pregnant heifers ...experienced spontaneous abortions."
That's a spontaneous abortion rate of 45 percent!

Bolding as the article bolds. Italicizing what I see as a fault.

Huber goes on to say that this pathogen "...could result in a collapse of US soy and corn export markets and significant disruption of domestic food and feed supplies. ...This new organism may already be responsible for significant harm..."

The threat to human health
As Huber explains, this previously unknown pathogen causes spontaneous abortions and infertility. "Laboratory tests have confirmed the presence of this organism in a wide variety of livestock that have experienced spontaneous abortions and infertility. Preliminary results from ongoing research have also been able to reproduce abortions in a clinical setting."

That alone means this pathogen may be a huge threat to ranchers and cattle operations, but there's more to this story: The HUMAN threat.

Confirmation? Sure.
Something we didn't see coming? Nope.
(We? Ats community of/c
sadly rest of the world.. uhh yeah)

I have little impact unless the USDA becomes corrupt in terms of Organic Food inspections. Be careful out there. Of course this is needless to say. There are also a few links you should see as well..

Main link that i took quotes from:
www.naturalnews.com...

Link taken from main article, titled 'Monsanto's Roundup Triggers Over 40 Plant Diseases and Endangers Human and Animal Health'
www.naturalnews.com...

Monsanto Voted most evil Cooperation
www.naturalnews.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT:
Forgot to add this

*COUGH COUGH* ---- YOU MONSANTO *COUGH COUGH*
edit on 24-3-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
How convenient for the depopulation-toting elites out there....

But GM foods....they are the saving grace of humanity....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Why am I really not surprised?

I swear things like Monsanto make me wonder about Karma... Either it doesn't exist (I think it does lol) or Monsanto is in for one HELL of a payback at some point...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
They couldnt have asked for a better "complication". I personally believe the whole purpose of GMO foods is to reduce the population and this is another tid bit of proof.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
How convenient for the depopulation-toting elites out there....

But GM foods....they are the saving grace of humanity....

What's better than buying fresh local organic food?
Convincing your loved ones that supporting local farmers and their non pesticidal & Genetically modified food is not worth the health problems they will live with the rest of their lives. I'm glad i learned this at a young age and look forward to living a healthier than standard life. Even if i end up having a low income.

EDIT:
Funny you ATS'rs...
I thought this was an interesting article with serious problems for Human way of life. But the thought of this being depopulation didn't cross my mind. Hitler probably wrote a book and published it for the elite. Wonder what chapter we're on.
edit on 24-3-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Thank you so much for posting this.

I....really don't know what to say. If this is true, the implications are HUGE....I'm flabbergasted. I will be following this...closely...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
In conjunction with Round-up, that part should be mentioned. Perhaps this is the first real crack we have to put down the mega-corporation.

I'm just following links here, but this is the virus that went missing from the army labs. Although the article doesn't state it outright, it recieves an honorable mention. Is it the one being implicated as the deadly pathogen?

Since last year, investigators have been trying to discover what happened to three small vials of Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus that were unaccounted for, according to Caree Vander Linden, the spokeswoman for the lab.

The virus that causes Venezuelan equine encephalitis is mosquito borne and usually causes a mild flulike illness but can also cause brain inflammation and death. It has potential for use as a biological weapon but is far less lethal than some other agents the lab works with.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Stolen pathogen.
New pathogen that could be used as population control.

I can see the connection.

Monsanto company creating this pathogen to control population.

I can see that too.

But really i am towards the side of GMO scientists are too confident.
Really stop messing with nature. They mess with nature, and they cannot make the perfection nature has created.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm searching around for what happened since.

USDA approves GMO alfalfa despite scientist warning
Monday, February 28, 2011

Perhaps the wheels of government are too heavy to stop once they are set in motion, or maybe they are just a little too well greased by their friends in industry.

Whatever the reason, the folks at USDA were either unwilling or unable to apply the brakes on their decision to approve Monsanto’s genetically modified “Roundup Ready” alfalfa despite the urgent warning sent out two weeks before the announcement by Dr. Don Huber, a plant pathologist and retired Purdue University professor.

USDA officials declined to comment about the letter’s contents.

“We’re reviewing it, and will respond directly to Dr. Huber, rather than responding through the media,” said USDA spokesman Andre Bell.

greenbio.checkbiotech.org...

Unreal, they don't expect to make a public statement on it? Similar to Morgellons, they created an FDA agency to study the condition, then failed to update or publicly disclose info about the matter. Past the initial awareness, the news about it took a backseat. In fact, I have barely seen a mention about it on ATS for months until yesterday. I can see that approach being possible for a rarer disease, but not this one.

I'm also surprised this has been news since February, but is only a thread now. I searched keywords and could not find a similar thread (which doesn't mean I haven't missed it with any certainty). Great catch!

edit to add :

White House pressured Vilsack to approve GMO alfalfa, media reports suggest
31 Jan 2011
www.grist.org...
edit on 25-3-2011 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Wow you're right...
Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I can't believe it took over a month to have it spilled onto ATS. Especially with so many people following NaturalNews
Maybe they should stop reading infowars and being scared of someone screaming in their faces, and look on other websites. I should actually add it to a link in my bookmarks now for updates. LOL i'm stumped that i was the first to find this xD

Interesting investigation though with the military missing pathogen, not sure but there was that military base lockdown, might be the same thing i read not too long back.

I'm more of a small input, unless it's my type of topic for serious debate. All i can really say on this is, whatever the reason this came to surface on our Mother Earth, we should know about it.

Post up if you find anything more related

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Here's something very suspicious too. The drug primarily used for preventing miscarriages, Makena, has been hyper-inflated in price. The outrage over it has brought much attention. Oh, what timing. A quick summary of this article :

A drug which the FDA approved more than half a century ago—which doctors have been prescribing for their patients with high-risk pregnancies through compounding pharmacies with great success—was designated by the FDA an “orphan drug.” Now KV Pharmaceutical has been given the exclusive right of production and sale (not to mention drug trial tax breaks!). They immediately raised the price from $10 per dose to $1,500—simply because they could.

Doctors say the $30,000 price tag will almost certainly deter low-income women from getting the drug, leading to more premature births.

The FDA originally approved 17-hydroxyprogesterone caproate (17OHPC, or 17P for short) under the trade name Delalutin in 1956 to halt impending miscarriages. It was deemed safe but the manufacturer took it off the market in 2000 because it was eventually shown to be ineffective in stopping miscarriages.

As soon as FDA gave the drug (now trademarked as Makena) orphan drug status, its manufacturer, KV Pharmaceutical, sent a cease-and-desist letter [8] to compounding pharmacists, stating that “FDA…views compounded drugs to be ‘new drugs’ within the meaning of 21 U.S.C 312(p) and as such they may not be introduced into interstate commerce without FDA approval.”

www.progressiveradionetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I'm tentative to offer this, but I reason that someone with more scientific knowledge might be interested in a possible lead.

I came across a USDA article from a year ago that is no longer available. From cache, there was also a .pdf page, but it was too small to be read. The text begins : "Interpretive Summary: Neospora caninum is an intracellular protozoan pathogen, causing abortion in cattle".

Neospora caninum is a coccidian parasite that has been reported in various species of livestock. It is widely recognized as a major cause of abortion in cattle, but is rarely associated with other clinical signs. An epidemiological approach to dealing with N. caninum infections in cows requires identification of inapparently infected animals via serologic methods such as Biogal’s ImmunoComb.

www.dogs-info.net...

Toltrazuril or Enrofloxacin are cited as treatments for mice, the former being 87% effective, the latter 17% effective.

journals.cambridge.org...;jsessionid=6EB31584CE04EC931F9CF0395AC4BEED.tomcat1?fromPage=online&aid=267242

Yet, this is being called a brand new pathogen, so it may not even be close. There's not much new news turning up, but I hope we can define this a lot better in days to come.

Just located, this article gives a good overview of the matter.

www.indyinasia.com...

The health risks to plants, humans and the environment are now well documented. However, a $250 million lobbying campaign by the biotech/herbicide companies who profit from genetically modified crop agriculture has largely covered up these deficiencies and branded opponents as Luddites. The complete deregulation of artificial alfalfa superweeds in early 2011 signaled the brazenness of the biotech lobby. With its current policy, the US Department of Agriculture under Secretary Tom Vilsack has permanently and irrevocably ended the growing of natural alfalfa and thus imperiled the organic dairy industry. Artificial "superweed" alfalfa reproduces itself for up to 20 years, grows three feet high with roots fifteen feet deep, spreads seed and active pollen for up to ten miles and cannot be killed with RoundUp herbicide. More ways to act against pollution of our food by artificial genetics.

To date, President Obama and his administration, while giving lipservice to organic agriculture, has failed to intervene in this or any other issue related to genetically modified plant species.

www.naturalgrocers.com...
edit on 25-3-2011 by Northwarden because: supplemental info

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
One more post on this, to outline the dangers inherant to Monsanto's Round-up, glyphosate, and projected concerns. This shouldn't be ignored.

The herbicide’s main ingredient glyphosate, “stimulates the growth of fungi and enhances the virulence of pathogens” which destroy crops.

“glyphosate stimulates the growth of fungi and enhances the virulence of pathogens.” In the last 15-18 years, the number of plant pathogens has increased, he told the Non-GMO Report. “There are more than 40 diseases reported with use of glyphosate, and that number keeps growing as people recognize the association (between glyphosate and disease).”

“In Argentina and Paraguay, doctors and residents living in GM soy producing areas have reported serious health effects from glyphosate spraying, including high rates of birth defects as well as infertility, stillbirths, miscarriages, and cancers. Scientific studies collected in the new report confirm links between exposure to glyphosate and premature births, miscarriages, cancer, and damage to DNA and reproductive organ cells.”

In a 2005 paper published in Environmental Health Perspectives, Sophie Richard, et al. compared the toxicity of Roundup with that of just glyphosate, its active ingredient. They found Roundup to be more toxic, owing to its adjuvants. They also found that endocrine disruption increased over time so that one-tenth the amount prescribed for agriculture caused cell deformation. Citing other research, they also reported that Roundup adjuvants bond with DNA.

Tom Laskawy at Grist estimated that in 2008, nearly 200 million pounds of glyphosate were poured onto US soils. But, he notes that “exact figures are a closely guarded secret thanks to the USDA’s refusal to update its pesticide use database after 2007.” This figure more than doubles what the EPA estimates was used in 2000.

www.indyinasia.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is a bump, not fishing. I feel the info is important enough, and I hope the morning crowd feels it's important enough for the evening crowd.

A couple of threads to cheer you up after too. (A good ETman post in the second, among others).

Does Ats make people feel there's no point in day to day living?
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=679922

2012, why worry?
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8515201#pid8515201

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I understand, they're virus's. Now I understand what I was told. They've been altering meat too. They're created virus's.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanks for bumping the post
I have no input to give but its been an interesting read. I might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but I'm bright enough to find smarter people to explain things to me. S&F

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Thesis record for letter's author.

catalog.lib.msu.edu/record=b2452080~S39a

Author Huber, Don Morgan.

Title Investigation on root rot of beans caused by Fusarium solani f. phaseoli / by Don Morgan Huber.

Publisher 1963.

Thesis Thesis (Ph.D.)--Michigan State University of Agriculture and Applied Science. Dept. of Botany and Plant Pathology, 1963.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
S&F

Bump

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That artificial super-weed alfalfa plant reminds me of this old science fiction film called "Day of the Triffids". It was a B movie about these mutant carnivorous plants taking over the planet.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is this what Monsanto is up to?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A good deed has been done by you today. Also thanks for the links, the first one was actually a bit of a giggle

Originally posted by Unity_99
I understand, they're virus's. Now I understand what I was told. They've been altering meat too. They're created virus's.

Yup, it's easy to create a mutation when altering mother nature. This could be Karma, or Yin and Yang. The universe trying to balance itself out. Too bad the people in charge won't be affected.

Originally posted by lostsock
Thanks for bumping the post
I have no input to give but its been an interesting read. I might not be the brightest crayon in the box, but I'm bright enough to find smarter people to explain things to me. S&F

Basically Monsanto (YAY FOR MAKING MONEY OVER HUMAN SAFETY) think's that GMO (Genetically modified organisims, plant's & animals) are going to help their cooperate scheme of making money as the bottom line. If they can create a crop that naturally would yield 88% of what they think the land could make, they will modify it (poke into the DNA a few times till it does something they want) it to yield more crop per land. Now poking at DNA is one simple way to cause cancer, since cancer is just a cell that's process of division is altered. It can also be poked to create a protien that it normally wouldn't make, to say... invite a virus to settle nicely in it's (lets say corn) cernal. That virus now has this new protien in the enviroment which just so happens to be bad for humans and animals. Boom, Monsanto creates this new virus, but to them they created more money.

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
That artificial super-weed alfalfa plant reminds me of this old science fiction film called "Day of the Triffids". It was a B movie about these mutant carnivorous plants taking over the planet.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is this what Monsanto is up to?

After the fallout i bet the super mutant Alfalfa has the components to be that very monster. Just needs a bit of gamma radiation to grow those human lips, and gorilla arms, for all we know Alfalfa was probably given those types of dna lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join