It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long have you believed? and why!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How long have you believed in aliens if you do, and why?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My interest of extraterrestrials was always there since i was a kid growin up but my real research of the matter didnt start till I was a sophomore in HS. Throughout all the research I did of reading abduction cases, learning about different kinds of extraterrestrials, listening to coast to coast, listening to military officials, astronauts, people like steward swerdlow, alex collier, stitchen etc. Ive never reached any conclusion before until I saw my very first legit UFO 3 months ago. Ever since then I have never questioned of their existence and my conclusion has been made.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yay i'm the first one!!! I've believed in them for as long as I can remember, it has always seemed inconceivable that we are the only ones here! I'm a fairly new member of the Tauanga (NZ) UFO society, we meet once a month and have talks and speakers about all the stuff on this site. It is so cool to be amongst like minded people, most of the people are over 60!, however we have a few indigo kids as well. I think I saw a UFO a couple of weeks ago, only for a couple of seconds tho, I didn't crap me pants either which was good which I thought I may if ever I saw one.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

ever since i was a little kid ,30 yrs ago ,not sure why though.

link   

Ever sense I was very young, im in my extreme late 40`s know, but some recent sightings such as
ever sense I was a small child im nearing 50 know, but for getting visual proof some impacting sightings werep..
In march 2007 my husband and I saw a superwalmart or larger sized ufo hovering maybe 100 ft above the electric post. I have seen objects moving across the sky, suddenly stop, and as quick as it stopped it dissapeared. Ya I believe in alien from outside our view
edit on 24-3-2011 by wlmgsmn because: (no reason given)

link   

I witnessed a UFO as a kid about 40 years ago and it changed my life. It was close enough to scare the crap out of us (I was with about 6 or 7 friends), and since then I don't "believe", I KNOW.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

edit on 24-3-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Three and a half years. I must also say that I am only 19 so I have not had as much time on this earth as others. I have seen what I would consider to be extraterrestrial craft in the sky. I am not talking about misidentifications either. I have had my fair share of those and after so much trial and error you get very good at sky watching. The most convincing thus far was when this ball of light (what I thought to be a shooting star it moved so fast) shot overhead and stopped ON A DIME not too far above the street our house was on. I was laying down watching with my cousin when this happened. The light then proceeded to separate into two red orbs with an ambient glow that reversed direction at a decent pace (although much slower than before)and flew in a zig zag motion.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i believe other life forms of all sorts exist. Here we are in space with a plethora of life form on land, in water and flying the friendly skies. we are one planet in a vastness of unexplored space so huge we can't quite grasp it. so the probability is good, i feel, that other planets are occupied by other life forms.

i've only come to believe this quite recently. my nephew is a thinking man and we enjoy conversing. i've learned a lot.

i also believe life form came to Earth from places unknown. i was turned on to the TV series "Ancient Aliens". a lot of educated people on that show: professors, authors, respected scholars etcetera. they have done their homework and they present some excellent observations. i can't argue with good, solid logic.

so i'll have to consider myself a recent believer. i highly recommend watching 'Ancient Aliens'.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Pretty much forever. I think it's crazier to believe we are all alone, than to believe there are other intelligent life forms. I've never seen any signs of them, but I don't look for them. I've barly even read any of the half a million threads posted here about them. Are there that many people who don't believe? really? How could you not, seems rather silly....

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I have to think that somewhere else in this galaxy there has to be some sort of other intelligent life. I just can't conceive that this is the only planet that life has evolved on given the massive diversity of life forms here.

Now, having said that, I am quite skeptical that aliens visit here. Perhaps they do, I don't know, I haven't ever seen a UFO, not that I am aware of anyway. I haven't seen a "Gray" and I doubt I ever will.

I do know one thing, if they do come here, and they do abduct people, if I am ever abducted, I'll soon have myself a brand new flying saucer and an alien throw rug

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
How long have you believed in aliens if you do, and why?

since i was 12 and i realized that this small planet we call earth cant be the only planet in the vast universe that has intellegent life on it .....

that would be a very nieve thing to think..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I have somewhat believed in them since I was 14. My friend's parents would tell me stories of strange things they had seen in the sky. I had done a little research on the subject as well but not enough to come to a conclusion whether alien life was real. That all changed after my sophmore year of highschool. On a warm summer night I woke up somewhere between 3:15-3:30ish I looked out of my window which I had left open that night and saw what I believed to be an alien craft 100-175 yards away. It had the classic "saucer" shape, but it was traveling on its side like a rolling quarter would. Just for some clarification there it wasn't actually rolling haha. It had 8 blue simultaneous pulsing lights that would be located at the points of an octogon if one was drawn onto the craft. It made absolutely no noise and was traveling no faster than an estimated 35mph. I have been a believer ever since.
edit on 17-4-2011 by subaruftw because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by subaruftw because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The only reason I became interested is because of a dream I had when I was very young (7 or 8). To this day, it was the most vivid dream I have ever had. It was a very quick dream too.

In the dream I woke up to a brightly lit room. I appeared to be laying down on something but didn't get the chance to check what it was because some figures appeared to me. There were two at my side, but one came extremely close to my face and all I could do is stare into it's big black eyes. It spoke to me but in my head. It told me to relax, that they weren't going to hurt me and that I won't remember what happened when I woke up.

When I awoke that morning I sat up in my bed and said "Aliens!" It was pretty funny.

Years later when I got into computers (still young 10-12), I looked up Aliens online and found out they weren't green but grey and looked exactly like the ones from my dream. I was pretty creeped out (in a good way). Aliens and UFOs became an interest to me ever since.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I believed in aliens the moment I saw the countless white dots in the sky and learned each one was a sun.

Around 6 yrs old.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I started believing in aliens when I was a little child.At night I used
to marvel at the stars and think to myself about life on those stars.

new topics

top topics

join