It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole dancing for JESUS???? WTF!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
OK, I can get the whole fitness angle on this whole thing but, FOR JESUS?

C'mon, I can't imagine a more un-Christian way to express your faith than by learning to dance like a stripper in high heels?

Can anyone figure out how this can possibly be a good expression of one's faith?

I just hope they don't decide to bring this into the church with them. Can you imagine them setting up a pole on the altar and letting the girls pole dance during the consecration?

Unfortunately, with all the changes after Vatican II, I can really see that happening.

It’s a shame that God doesn't do all that cool Old Testament stuff anymore...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Well it is kind of misstated in the report, technically she is teaching pole dance exercise at the church. But the clown thing is just messed up. Any religious ceremony is a serious affair and the clown thing just seems to mock it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What better way to fill the seats. Pole Dancing and clowns. Maybe they can combined the 2 and have an old style Burlesque Show
What is next Jesus day at the Midnight Bunny Ranch, all proceeds go to your favorite church.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Free will.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
She sounds confused. She's like "my milkshake brings the Lord to the yard"

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
She sounds confused. She's like "my milkshake brings the Lord to the yard"

As opposed to "all the boys" I mean...they are not good enough for her, only Jesus will do.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaGhostHunter
What better way to fill the seats. Pole Dancing and clowns. Maybe they can combined the 2 and have an old style Burlesque Show
What is next Jesus day at the Midnight Bunny Ranch, all proceeds go to your favorite church.

Agreed, I'm not sure that would be in strict following with the message they are attempting to put out there.

Although, might be the best way to increase attendance and up the collections...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So you honestly believe the brainwashing christians and other religions get that the body is something that should shame you and be hidden at all costs, rather than celebrated for its strength, beauty, and other wondrous features?

The clown thing is ironically appropriate. I love it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

So you honestly believe the brainwashing christians and other religions get that the body is something that should shame you and be hidden at all costs, rather than celebrated for its strength, beauty, and other wondrous features?
In fact it was Satan that gave us the ability to feel the shame of nakedness by telling us to eat the apple, am I correct? God actually wants us to run around naked!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

haha! Yes! I knew these guys had the wrong diety! Poor guys are in for a surprise if there ends up being something to this religion stuff. =\

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Given that his followers have been killing for Jesus for the better part of 2000 years, this seems to be a positive improvement. Makes me laugh how the dogmatists insist we are made in God's image but find a naked body so offensive. You'd think some of these holier than thous were BORN in flowing robes.

top topics

join