It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Strange, Shocking, and Unexplained Photos.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I think she's a contemporary of The Nite Owl known as The Nite Penguin.

Yes...I believe that's right.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

EDITH !!! BONED!!!!
LMFAO
You should've been a writer for The Far Side
edit on 25-3-2011 by DAVID64 because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

"watch as I enable the magic boob magnet from mars!"

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You guys are a riot!!!

I was hoping to creep some people out, but apparently it's a funny caption contest now!

I agree that ATS has been a bit on the gloomy side lately. There is a good bit of tragedy running about as of late, and I think it's good to touch on the lighter side of life.

That is, if you think bear attacks and bloody mattresses are the "lighter" side of life. *wink

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
Lol. All of these would make great Avatars!

I changed the household computer's background to the picture of the people dressed up in animal costumes riding each other.

Great for my fiancee' to see first thing in the morning.......before coffee at that.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I found another good site that has the above 50 plus mroe seem to have descriptions for the first 10 pages or so.

blackandwtf.tumblr.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Like this one...

What the blankety-blank-blank is going on here??!!!

If I had to venture a guess, that is Krampus and he has a child that has been naughty to give him a lashing with a stick for Christmas in Germany.

Krumpas
Krampus is a mythical creature recognized in alpine countries[1]. According to legend, Krampus accompanies St. Nicholas during theChristmas season, warning and punishing bad children, in contrast to St. Nicholas, who gives gifts to good children.
In the Alpine regions, Krampus is represented by a demon-like creature. Traditionally, young men dress up as the Krampus in Austria during the first two weeks of December, particularly on the evening of 5 December, and roam the streets frightening children with rusty chains and bells.[2]
In the aftermath of the Austrian Civil War the Krampus tradition was a target of the Dollfuss regime.[3]

Hell yeah!!! I know what I'm doing this December 5.

Now this is what I call riding in style... taken from that other blog of oldschool pictures.

Interestingly enough, the story behind that zebra carriage picture includes Leopold de Rothschild.
Leopold de Rothschild makes bet horse trainer can't train zebras to draw carraige

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shagula

.It WOULD be a rothschild that would need that sort of excess, huh?

I mean...Are zbras even GOOD for pulling a buggy?

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
Thanks for link OP.

It's refreshing to see funny stuff like this on ATS. With all the doom and gloom here lately, this is a breath of fresh air.

This one needs no words. Other than WTF?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90cb3f99037c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 3/25/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

Obviously this guy was a butt-head.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
S&F great stuff
Thanks for sharing they're great! I restore old photographs and I have had some strange ones come in, we certainly didn't invent being bizarre!

A lot of these look like side show or circus acts don't they? The stained mattress has me stumped though
I'm thinking possibly child birth related but its possible its not even blood, god only knows, the mind boggles!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A few more bizzaro photos for the heap. Not sure if these are best viewed on empty or full stomach.

www.lazypalace.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Most of these are pretty far from "inexplicable." Just bewildering.

And some of them are almost certainly faked.

And pretty much all the ones with skeletons are pretty clearly art photos.

Awesome anyway, though!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Those are strange, not the pictures but the warped individuals who designed them!! Well done.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

about the German neighbour, I thought Krampus was from the Alps, adopted by christianity because the inhabitants refused to surrender their 'heathen' tradition?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

It seems clear that the background in this photo is a painting. So I would assume this is either a studio photographer art project or some kind of circus / freak show attraction for people to take funny photos. Perhaps to make a holiday postcard.

This photo was taken from a training session for prostitution.

"Always greet your John with a smile no matter what he may look like"

Advertisement for the first release of Photoshop software

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

According to the link: these are the 10 most mysterious pics ever taken. While I know that might be debatable... They are interesting. Especially the Sea Monster (1965).
edit on 4-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Correct vid

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I was thinking krumpas too.
the kid looks scared doesn't he?
ha ha ha
ahhhhhhh...... Christmas time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join