It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I don't believe that Walter Sickert was Jack the Ripper. Ms. Cornwell's DNA evidence relies too much on the Ripper letters which are considered by many Ripperologists to be frauds. There is also some evidence that Sickert was in France during the murders.

posted on Jun, 12 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I watched it as well the other night. It was a good movie. Did they really take out the front of his brain originally or is that just thrown in there?

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Nobody knows who he was or where he went. There is lots of speculation, but NOBODY, I repeat NOBODY, knows

Not so fast....JACK knows!!!...

I, too, lean towards the German artist being Jack...some of those guys were just plain nuts...

Oh, and though the movie was fiction, there is some basis in fact...read this excerpt:

"Sickert, regarded by some as the greatest British painter between Turner and Bacon, has been linked to the murders before, but usually as an unwilling accomplice in a masonic conspiracy to cover up for the Duke of Clarence, Queen Victoria's dissolute grandson, whose passion for whoring in the East End left him with syphilis of the brain. The artist's name came into the frame when a man calling himself Joseph Sickert, and claiming the childless Sickert was his father, said the painter had confessed his part in the plot shortly before his death in 1942"

[Edited on 13-6-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazon
No duh. Ive also watched the movie..
but there is something seriously wrong with you if you honestly dont beleive the artist is "Jack the Ripper"

Theres dna evidence, check out npr, if that doesnt convince you then im sorry for you

Jack the Ripper is Dr. Bates.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
For a start the movie from hell was loosly based on Alan mooore`s graphic novel of the same title.
Which in turn was based on Stephen Knight`s book the Final Solution both moore and Knight are or were in the case of knight totaly anti Masonic.

As to the Cornwell book more speculation as someone earlier stated the Dna was never proved correct.

No one knows who the killer was there are many suspects and many theorys but none have ever been proved.

Just for the record my own personal suspect is James Maybrick.

By the way Cornwall is an out and out nutjob buying valauble works of art by Sickart and then having them ripped to shreds looking for so called evidence.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I feel that it was more than one person.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The thing I find sadly amusing about the ripper is that by todays standards he was hardly notable, hell Bundy, Gacy, etc killed several times as many as he did. Speck killed more in one night. Progress is beautiful, no?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have had this movie laying around forever, never touched it.
Maybe its worth a look tonight.

I thought Jack the Ripper was a doctor? How else could he have known the human anatomy so precisely.

Deep

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
err reality check here. Its a film. as no one knows who the ripper was and it is never likely to be found out anyone can write and accuse whoever they want. lets face it, they aint here any more to dispute it. look on the official ripper site for a list of the most likely suspects. none were Freemasons or royal family. as for knowing the anatomy, that dosent take more than a moderate education in biology to find all the bits. and how do you know he was looking for the right bits anyway. he could of pulled out a kidney and thought it were the liver...
you just never know

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
what evidence do you have that it is based in fact and even if it is what relavence does it have no offence mate

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
from hell is one creepy film, good flick

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
well thing is after the royal family put away one of the sons who had mental problems all of the murders stopped

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I may be wrong , but dont this belong in chick chat or something.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe that JTR was never found because he was a Mason.
you can make your own conclusions about that.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
'From Hell' was based on a graphic novel, which was itself based on a book by Stephen Knight, called Jack the Ripper: The Final Solution. Knight also wrote an expose of Freemasonry (The Brotherhood) before his death in 1985.

For everyone interested in Jack the Ripper, the victims, the suspects and the theories, may I suggest a trip to Casebook: Jack the Ripper, which is far and beyond the best website with regards to the case.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
what gives? its a movie! jesus, let it be. i thought it was good too, one of those dun......dun.....dun.......dun....OH MY GOD HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!!....dun......dun..... type movies

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I saw From Hell it was O.K but the 1 starring Micheal Caine i thought was better cos bthey didnt show who they thought the killer was, which left me in suspence.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have seen Michael Caine's version - It was produced in 1988 to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the murders. And it does show the killer at the end - William Gull (the same one as in 'From Hell).

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Seemed to me alot of the evidence pointed to Kosminkski, A know Psychopath, who was Identified as leaving with one lady, also was a know hater of Prostitutes. He was put in a mental hospital days after the last murder, now here what makes me think he did it. only a week after the last murder and after Kosminski was put away the patrols in White chapel went back to normal, a week!! thats less times then it was between killing before. They knew or had the Ripper at this point.

Now why not say it? No Idea and heres where the conspiracy starts.

Here is a complete site on everything ripper Choose for yourself with the real facts and police reports.

www.casebook.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join