It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

déjà vu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Anyone here have any experiences with the phenomenon called déjà vu? I have had several, and it's among the weirdest things i have ever experienced. Usually, i am doing something, and all of a sudden i get struck by it, the realization that i have been there before, doing the exact same thing that i was doing at that moment.

1 of my experiences, it was job related i guess. I work in the restaurant business. 3 years ago, i had dreamed of me working in a restaurant. After i woke, i remember saying to myself: How weird, i don't know or recognize anyone, neither do i recognize the workplace,.. well just another dream i guess.

2 years or so later, i switched from one restaurant to another, and i found myself in the exact same scene i had experienced in the dream.

And then comes the questions, why did i dream this??? for what purpose? How come i dreamed it?

It also leads me to believe that everything that happens, is bound to happen. It means that it could not have happened any other way, other then the way it did. That everything is already in-calculated, matrix style.

I hope my dream of yesterday won't déjà vu on me xD I dreamed that one of the fukushima reactors blew up, white smoke on the horizon, weird mind-bending full of random stuff dream.

Have you had a déjà vu?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
When remembered in time, you can change the way it's supposed to happen. But too often, there's not much time to react.

I wrote myself a note once to prevent an experience with negative long term repercussions from happening, but even then, it took (like you said) a couple of years and the rectangular yellow piece of paper went to garbage July 3rd, 2003 in the afternoon before moving. The event took place October 3rd, 2004 around 8pm, exactly as dreamt.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberjedi

Here is a question that needs to be asked.
Can people with amnesia experience deja vu?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My grandma died in June of 2006. I was extremely close to her, as she was more like a mother to me. Before she got really sick I had this dream that I was walking out of an elevator and down a long hallway. At the end of the hall way it broke off into two more hallways on the left and the right, I turned right, walked all the way down the hallway to a window that over looked the parking lot. After that I backtracked and entered a room... but the curtain was drawn around the bed.

When my grandma was admitted into the hospital, the first time I went to see her, i went through this exact course of events. same hallway, same window over looking the cars.. same room. I had never been in that hospital before.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes i have heard of it. One time i was walking down my street and i saw this guy who looked exactly like me. He just kept looking straight behind me. Not even a glance, but anyway he had the same jeans, same shoes, same shirt, and the only difference was he had white hair. I have black hair and i changed it just the day before. Then on my way back home from school about a week later i had white hair and he had black...But the weird thing is i had never seen him in my life!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Deja Vu very much like dreams is solid proof that alternate dimensions and realities exist.
our minds are capable of travelling to these alternate worlds in our sub-conscious state.

probably an indicator that it is possible to do this at will, if we are able to access complete power of our minds & our consciousness.

This is a phenomenon which i believe is experienced by everyone, fairly regularly.
Like dreaming when we sleep.

But definitely we need more research & information on how & why this works
More importantly if we can control it

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
the reason u have the "VU" is becasue u have been there before in the past life or in the recent life

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There's a glitch in the Matrix
2L

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

There are no glitches in the matrix. That's what makes the matrix the way it is, perfect.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have also had the exact same experiences. I dream things that don't make sense at the time and then months or even years later I will find myself in that exact same situation with the same people (that I didn't know in my dream) and everyone is saying and doing the same things.

I have two thoughts on this the first being sort of metaphyical: When we create our life charts before we are born we put in little sign posts that lets us know that we are on the right track. My next thought on this is precognitive dreams.

I have done this several times. Most of the time it has to do with something in MY life but there have been several occasions that I have dreamed about others as a warning I suppose about something that will happen to them. I have learned by experience when this happens, no matter what its about and no matter how scary it may be, I will tell what I have dreamed and warn whoever it's about or involves.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I often have wild dreams with alot of people interaction. I never meet the people in my dreams its the places that I go to instead. I might dream of a lake or a hillside and with in a year I will see the lake or the hillside and even know how to get there even so I have never been there before.. some how I remember landmarks from my dreams down to very tiny detail. It used to be frustrating but now that I am used to it, I get excited about actually finding the places I dream about

new topics

top topics

join