It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we constantly get lied to and **** on by the US government and put up with it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LipanConjuring86
Like us Canadians, our government was found in contempt so now they are being brought down and Canadians will have a chance to give someone else a shot.

you don't honestly believe that do you?
i laugh at the situation.. they're held in contempt.. yet will probably come out of this with more power

on topic..
i think someone else hit it.. lazy.. or maybe lazy isn't the best word, but just content.
yes there are a lot of sheeple, as we like to call them. but i think a lot of people do have that feeling that something aint right with the situation.. but don't want to cause to much of a fuss or do much because they're comfy or distracted with their luxuries and toys, or the opposite; the stresses of their lives.

was talking with a buddy about this recently.. we're just as much part of the problem.. heck maybe more because we've delve a bit deeper and know more than the average sheep (or think we do atleast
)
but we talk about it, quite passionately.. but never really do much.
i think that's because we (us folks who visit sites like this and have these conversations) feel that there's just not enough like us.

i've asked myself the question many times; why can't/won't we do something?
maybe the answer lies in us.. what is in us that makes us have these convo's, and visit ATS?
if we can figure that out, maybe we can figure out how to turn everyone else 'on' and then do something knowing there's A LOT of us

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDude2

The only real thing ordinary people can do is hold politicians accountable for their lies and actions. But how do we do that? Protesting? That's a joke, I'm sure most if not all politicians are accustomed to ignoring protesters, and they probably just naturally tune them out. We could completely just stop buying things for a whole week next time there's an unconstitutional action, but even if every single member of ATS did that, I'm sure it wouldn't be enough to make a noticeable change, and our economy has just about hit rock bottom, how much lower can it go? It's not like citizens are in control of any major media outlets that could get the attention of the American people, so that brings up the million dollar question: How do we bring about change?

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join