It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet this massive mansion is being built for Obama by King Abdullah.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I smell this deal> "Here is your house after your President, please keep us in power using your intel covert opps. Quell our streets. We will keep trading Saudi oil in USDs depositing in FED member banks and buying T-bills."

Now it could be being built for one of the Saudi Royal kids. I hear, and of course it's just hearsay, that crowd likes their West Hollywood lesbian BDSM club scene. The compound would be conveniently located for accessibility to such, uh, recreation.

I sh!t you not.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

But residents of the Benedict Canyon neighborhood—including Hollywood honcho Michael Ovitz (pictured)—are worried about the project's potential for noise, pollution, and environmental damage. They've organized a campaign to block it, arguing that the owners are trying to get around a legally mandated environmental review.

They're just ticked off because it's gonna make their mansions look tiny.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I love this user comment from the article page:

Something similiar happened to me. Everything was cool in my single wide trailer park, then some big shot with a double wide wants to bring that monstrocity in. Pissed me me off good

Course it is funny because of the crazy embarassment of riches involved here.

edit on 3-24-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Article states it could be for the Saudi prince. Considering a Saudi prince was warning the Saudi royal family of popular uprisings overthrowing the kingdom, and urging them to step down and leave the country, coupled with all the Middle East protests, this is now plausible.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

That's not going to happen of course due to a bank called the FED and a spooky USG agency called the CIA. They keep the Saudi royals in power because they trade their oil exclusive in USDs. They also park their savings in the FED and buy T-Bills. They contribute to both major U.S. political parties many many dollars and donate to politicians directly especially U.S. senators in significant ways.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wow, talk about major speculation..... Poor speculation at that... Unless you are being sarcastic or something....

According the article, the owner if this mysterious house being built, is a single father of three kids.... Obama is not that.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't get why this has anything to do with Obama in your mind.

All of the super wealthy from around the world like to have a extra house in the Beverly Hills area (or Brentwood, or the Hollywood Hills, or Mandaville Canyon, or somewhere else around there). I remember when I was living out there, there was one huge empty lot in Beverly Hills that was owned by the brother of the Sultan of Brunai. He had meant to build some enormous mansion there, but it never happened I don't think and then it got sold, but it's a pretty common thing.

L.A. is one of those destination cities and the super rich like to have a place to go to when in town. In NYC they all own extra huge apartments or townhouses, Paris, London, South of France, etc.

Of course most of us can barely afford our $900/month rents, or whatever, (rich get richer, poor get poorer and all that), but that's a whole other issue.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Whose to say when Obama leaves office that it can't be handed off to him?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

I just threw this idea out there because the Saudi's are running scared right now, and so it would make sense if they hinted toward pitching a future gift like this to Obama at this point in time.

The other topic you mentioned. It's a shame that their are people that can afford to do that. The top wealthy of the world benefit from rigged markets and own assets that they have no business owning. Capital should move laterally, and to do that you have to have ownership in your own means of productions. it's the definition of "the pursuit of happiness." Russia right after the collapse of the U.S.S.R. gave workers ownerships in the entities they worked for that were previously owned by the central government. They allowed these certificates of ownerships to be sold to third parties so people simply sold their place of employment shares to gangsters who were financed by western banks until Putin threw all the gangsters in jail. Well not all, his friends got to keep what they bought. Attach every employment position to ownership within the entity that position is attached to, and there would be no reason for capital investors. The super rich would become obsolete, and wither on the economic vine so to speak. Nationalize banking and energy which feeds the central bank with capital, and there would be no need for any taxes. That would be a working person's economic utopia, but people are not aware of such possibilities because our corporate media companies who supposedly report the truth to us will not cover the possibility in any publicly aired discussions or debates.

new topics

top topics

join