It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam - A facist religion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
*Mods please feel free to move this to the appropiate forum*

I would like to start this thread by saying I would hope this thread to stay on topic and not to turn into yet another thread where racist idiots spout their ignorant beliefs and where pc leftists keep branding, normal people with an opinion as being racist.

Islam, is it a facist religion? Many would argue that a religion cannot be coined with such a term, that it is political in nature and has no place being "attached" to a belief system or ideology. However, all religions have many different facets to them, including political ideologies.

Let us look at the term facism as see where this can apply to Islam.

Wikipedia definition of facism

Fascism is a radical, authoritarian nationalist political ideology. They advocate the creation of a totalitarian single-party state that seeks the mass mobilization of a nation and the creation of an ideal "new man" to form a governing elite through indoctrination, physical education, and family policy including eugenics.

With that being said, the core ideology of Islam by it's very nature is radical, authoritarian and a nationalist political ideology.

Many people will be arguing this point, which is a good thing imo (aslong as we stay on topic)

To prove my point, that Islam is radical, authoritarian and has a nationalist political ideology, I will firstly state that every good muslim follows the qu'ran with zeal and vigour, upholding what is written. The Qu'ran is an authoritarian peice of literature, it is the central "totalitarian" authority that all muslims follow. The word Islam actually means, "submission to god", Islam has nationalist beliefs, the aim of Islam and of Muslims is to widen the islamic state and to instill the will of allah.

Islam has formed a governing elite and indroctrinates its believers, it educates Muslims through the Qu'ran and has a family policy similar to eugenics, as it is forbidden for a muslim to marry outside of the faith and to procreate outside of the faith.

These are just a few, simple things that show the religion of Islam to be facist in it's nature, I will post more as the thread goes on.

Finally, please, I implore you to keep this thread ON TOPIC, no arguing and mudslinging please.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
and the difference between this and christianity is...?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
and the difference between this and christianity is...?

No difference at all, I am against all religions, but for this thread I am concentrating on Islam as I find that to be the worst of the mainstream religions.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You should actually sit down and read the Koran before making such statements. You should also understand Muslim culture and how Islam is not just a religion but a force that embodies all aspects of life.

Deny Ignorance? If that's the motto, you guys research your topics before spouting off. I know people today heavily opinionated more than objective but c'mon.

This will soon turn into ANOTHER Islam bashing thread. Guaranteed.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
You should actually sit down and read the Koran before making such statements. You should also understand Muslim culture and how Islam is not just a religion but a force that embodies all aspects of life.

Deny Ignorance? If that's the motto, you guys research your topics before spouting off. I know people today heavily opinionated more than objective but c'mon.

It is you who is ignorant, I HAVE actually read the Qu'ran, just as I have read the bible and other religious texts.

So please do not assume that I am spouting ignorant rubbish when you don't actually know what I am talking about and my background.

This is something I have researched and the conclusion that I came to is that Islam is a facist religion, hence this thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I don't believe so, no. There are of course some teachings from Islam and sections of the quran that can be taken to motivate some people to do such, but from what I've seen, most of the people who do so are driven by political motivations taking place around the world (just as there are teachings from christianity and sections of the bible that can be taken out of applicable context/historical basis and perverted into the idiocy we see from tangent groups of "christians", as well).

I'd like to reference the golden age of Islam, which brought us algebra and all sorts of other advancements. Jews frequently had high positions of authority in the caliphates, etc., and it was effectively a cultural renaissance (sp?). All religions - well, likely almost all - can live in balance and harmony, and like anything else, they can also become perverted and horrible. With almost anything else, it tends to become a matter of individual motivation or outside influences that drive the variations we see in different times & places.

Peace & love.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think anything can be considered fascist but I prefer the word evil, if an idea is imposed on another unwillingly or by force.

Pretty simple

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ah, side note I forgot to add, sorry. The quran does also have sections speaking very highly of and requiring peace & favorable treatment for the other "people of the book" - jews & christians.

Also, during the crusades, the behavior of moslem armies in general and treatment of captives/prisoners of war was MUCH preferrable than that of the 'christian' armies in a good many cases.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08

It is you who is ignorant, I HAVE actually read the Qu'ran, just as I have read the bible and other religious texts.

So please do not assume that I am spouting ignorant rubbish when you don't actually know what I am talking about and my background.

This is something I have researched and the conclusion that I came to is that Islam is a facist religion, hence this thread.

I doubt it. You're probably lying. There are many interpretations to Islam, a few version of Islam, and it is not all radical or "fascist" as you claim.

You are talking about Islam being a fascist religion and you're wrong. Again, read the Koran, study the culture, and understand that there are MANY interpretations of it.

This is another Islam bashing thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Star for you my friend,

Yes you are correct, it is down to interpretation mostly, but imo the Qu'ran has a lot of statements which can be interpreted negatively and has been interpretated that way for millenia.

The main problem yes, is the people who are interpreting it and acting upon the said interpretations, who just happen to be the Immams of Islam and also among the ruling elite of this religion.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Definitely true, but please no turn that on the religion itself as that just continues to drive the division and miss the root motivations. I really do recommend looking into the Islamic golden age, it was really an amazing time showing that the religion itself is OK when handled correctly.

I don't like doing such as I am a christian myself, but I can give you some sections of the bible that would burn your ears.

The driving thing here as I mentioned is mainly political, and the western nations have done quite a lot to actually whip islamic fundamentalism up to the degree we have now (before we messed with the shah, Iran was highly progressive, and Iraq was a secular nation with a good population of jews and christians prior to our interventions there). It really all started spiking since the rebirth of Israel in 1948, and it's really all pretty much politically driven on almost all levels.

Be well.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

if you "deny ignorance" why are reading the koran?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

Avoiding things you disagree or disapprove of doesn't help you best them, it just makes you ignorant of them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Avoiding things you disagree or disapprove of doesn't help you best them, it just makes you ignorant of them.

if you deny ignorance, then dont read the most one of the most ignorant books known to man.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I think you might be confusing ignorance with some other word you're trying to apply to the quran/islam? Ignorance is just a state of not knowing something, and knowledge is power even if it's about something you think is silly or wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just curious what harm could reading it do?

By all means I have not read it, but thats because I fear being put on a watchlist more than being susceptible by some words in a book. Call me ignorant.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

We're all ignorant about something.

No harm in reading it, though. Harm in empowering it to move you away from yourself and toward something undesirable, just as with anything else - American Idol included.

I believe American Idol scares me more than islam, actually. Islam didn't succeed in distracting tens of millions of US citizens from focusing on the things they should have been paying attention to so as to avoid correcting problems they need to deal with or keeping our government from doing very bad things in some cases...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Let us take a look at Sharia, the primary islamic law.

There are various part's of Sharia which come across as facist in nature, it governs every aspect of a Muslim's life so therefore it is authoritarian, idea's on crime, economics, prayer, sexuality and politics have quite strict and rigid ideas.

Sharia itself is flawed as it is down to the interpretation of the Imam, so you may have a moderate imam preaching one interpretation of Sharia, a fundimentalist preaching another, but the core tenants of Sharia remain the same, fixed, rigid and the ultimate word of god.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

As the eternal devil's advocate (I'll apologize in advance)...

Couldn't the exact same arguments that you're trying to apply to sharia law be made for the bible as applies to the lives of jews & christians? A immutable, written code of guidelines covering all those areas that can also be thrown up in the wind via the interpretation of the reader or teacher involved?

Sorry!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Woah there, watch the ignorance. Don't start judging an entire religion before you understand it. Yeah, Islam means "submission to God" but it also means "peace" and "way to peace." Honestly, I think you should find something better to do than attack other peoples' religions. The Catholic Church was way worse than what Islam is now. Messages can be interpreted differently by different people and sometimes people twist the interpretation for their own benefit. That's how its always been.
Peace!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join