It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOXIC YELLOW RAIN falling in Japan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Anyone who tries to say the rain is toxic and has uranium in it without an independent reliable testing source is obviously an over-reactive paid doom sayer. I mean cummon guys ATS is way better than this.

YES there MAY BE some radiation in it - it would be illogical to argue against that given the evidence of what we know is happening some hundred miles away.

Show me some evidence that yellow rain has NEVER fallen in Japan ever, show me some evidence that the rain has made a statistically significant group of people or animals ill, jeeze show me a geiger counter reading with significantly higher levels of radiation emanating from the rain and finally show me a chemical analysis of the rain and the yellow particles.

Anything less than that is pure guess work and to flame and insult people based on what you wish was true is little more than playground behaviour.

I mean I could start a thread now called "TOXIC SMOKE FOUND IN UK HOUSEHOLD"- 5 mins after I got up this morning there was a thin grey smoke in my house that my dog shied away from. When I inhaled it made my head spin.

And it would be truer than the title of this thread.

Yes thats right - I lit a cigarette.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

A University of California Daily Bruin article entitled “Remembering Chernobyl,” documents how children in Belarus happily splashed around in puddles of yellow rain having been assured by Russian authorities that it was merely pollen, when in fact it was a toxic mixture of radioactivity that had been blasted from the Chernobyl plant 80 miles away.

Thinking back to 20 years ago, it’s the splashing in yellow rainwater that Antonina Sergieff vividly recalls.

“We all jumped in the puddles with the yellow stuff. … You don’t see (it in) the air, it doesn’t materialize. But when you see the yellow dust, you see radiation,” Sergieff said.

When these elements first reached Sergieff 20 years ago, they came in the form of yellow rain.

It was not long after that residents in her hometown knew it wasn’t simply “pollen” – which is what government officials assured them, she said.

The effects of this “pollen” soon confirmed that those puddles of yellow rain contained something far more sinister, namely iodine-131, caesium-137, strontium-90 and plutonium-239.

Story

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
"The effects of this “pollen” soon confirmed that those puddles of yellow rain contained something far more sinister, namely iodine-131, caesium-137, strontium-90 and plutonium-239."

Not proof - circumstantial. Because obviously the people couldnt possibly have gotten ill from any other source of nucleotides, you know like the huge plume of radioactive black graphite smoke or the aerosolised reactor core?

Im not saying that it cant be - just that until someone proves it, its guess work.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by ADUB77
Anyone who is trying to argue that it isn't uranium in the rain is a paid disinformant or a dillusional disinformant
Not to mention uranium is used to colour glass like a previous poster mentioned

Only problem with your argument is the uranium is not in the air. There is a big difference between radiation and particles of uranium which is very heavy

When particles are small enough, the weight of the substance is no longer relevant to its suspension in the atmosphere. There is still plutonium in the atmosphere from bomb tests. These tiny particles continually settle and then get drawn up into the atmosphere again.

Sub-micron particles exhibit gas-like behaviour

Uranium in rain:

Uranium and Plutonium Isotopes in the Atmosphere

Y. Sakuragi: Department of Chemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
J. L. Meason: Department of Chemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701
P. K. Kuroda: Department of Chemistry, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701

Uranium 234 and 235 were found to be highly enriched relative to uranium 238 in several rain samples collected at Fayetteville, Arkansas, during the months of April and May 1980. The anomalous uranium appears to have originated from the Soviet satellite Cosmos‐954, which fell over Canada on January 24, 1978. The uranium fallout occurred just about the time Mount St. Helens erupted on May 18, 1980. The concentration of 238U in rain increased markedly after the eruption of Mount St. Helens, and it appeared as if a large quantity of natural uranium was injected into the atmosphere by the volcanic eruption. The pattern of variation of the concentrations of uranium in rain after the eruption of Mount St. Helens was found to be similar to that of plutonium isotopes.

Plutonium in rain:

Geochemical Journal, Vol.21, pp. 51 to 57, 1987

Oxidation States of Fallout Plutonium in Mediterranean Rain and Seawater

The measurements of the oxidation states of fallout plutonium in rainwater collected at Monaco indicate that plutonium exists predominantly in the higher oxidation states [Pu(V) and Pu(VI)]. The results obtained show that the percentage of the higher valency fraction of plutonium ranges from 38% to 89% of the total soluble plutonium in rain. The percentage tends to be lower when the storage time before the chemical treatment becomes longer. A thermodynamical computation supports these findings.

The occurrence of plutonium in the higher oxidation states in rain is considered to be one of the major causes of the characteristic geochemical stability of fallout plutonium observed in the Mediterranean Sea.

Soluble Uranium compounds used as yellow colouring:

Uranyl hydroxide is a hydroxide of uranium with the chemical formula UO2(OH)2 in the monomeric form and (UO2)2(OH)4 in the dimeric; both forms may exist in normal aqueous media. Uranyl hydroxide hydrate is precipitated as a colloidal yellowcake from oxidized uranium liquors near neutral pH.

Uranyl hydroxide was once used in glassmaking and ceramics in the colouring of the vitreous phases and the preparation of pigments for high temperature firing. The introduction of alkaline diuranates into glasses leads to yellow by transmission, green by reflection; moreover these glasses become dichroic and fluorescent under ultraviolet rays.

Uranyl hydroxide is teratogenic and radioactive, and should be handled with the appropriate care.

World-wide atmospheric dispersal of plutonium:

Deposition and accumulation of plutonium isotopes in Antarctica

DATA on the deposition of plutonium isotopes are presented here from the atmosphere at Dome C (123°10'E, 74°39'S; 3,214m elevation) on the high Antarctic plateau. Plutonium isotopes are among the anthropogenic chemicals that have become global contaminants and it is, therefore, important to gain a historical perspective to their worldwide dispersion. The analysis of successive layers of permanent snow fields permits the determination of both present and historical fluxes of anthropogenic chemicals and other contaminants that are dispersed through the atmosphere.

Resuspension of radioactive particles in the atmosphere:
Particle size transport processes

edit on 16/4/11 by Kailassa because: formatting

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

There's no one arguing that radioactive particles can't be found in rain.

This particular "yellow rain", however, is pollen. Just like last year, and the year before. It's spring. Hayfever season, half of tokyo wandering around with masks on. It happens every year.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
They already it is bonded to the atmosphere globally and ads to the depleted uranium in it, the nano dust. They've been conducting a nuclear war against the citizens for decades.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArieZ
Let me start by saying I dont know Jack about Radiation Except it's everywhere at all times...but could it be that the yellow coloring is from the pollutants in the Reactor combined with all the filth being mixed around by all the fire hoses attempting to cool the reactors???Which is being boiled off into steam and then escaping into the atmosphere where it cools enough to solidify trapping particles an rains back down as yellow sludge or whatever its consistency is??? just a thought like I said I dont know much about these things....is this possible??

This is correct. It's dust and pollutants that are contaminated with radiation. Radiation is invisible and tasteless (except for iodine radiation), and so you wouldn't see it. But you would see the fallout in the form of what falls from the sky.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There is also the annoying fact that under high temperatures fission materials and by-products like to aerosolize in particles that generally clump around 6 micrometersand do not like to form many (if any ) particles about 10 micrometers. At 60C cesuim has about 50% aerosolization if it's in an explosion, but at temps where hydrogen is produced ( in a nuclear reactor ) 1200C it will aerosolize at almost 100% , at those same temperatures about 10% of the uranium will also be released in the single digit micrometer sizes. These substances like to bond with air and air-born moisture ( you water that heavy thing that floats in the sky occasionally ) , so given that the reactors and pools at fukushoma have been spewing radiation non-stop 24/7 for 5 weeks you may not have pure uranium rain/pollen , but get a large enough sample and there will be some along with lots of cesium.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
We have been receiving heavy shower bands over the last week here in SE Missouri and I noticed today this accumulation on our rabbit hutches. I've never noticed it before and it's a very bright yellow.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
uranium oxide has been mentioned here --- is it even light enough to evaporate into existing rain clouds?

secondly, i'm no weather expert, but tokyo (a city that has yet to be evacuated, mind you), lays about 200+ miles SSW of fukishima ... has the weather been blowing from NNE to SSW? If so, that seems like an odd weather pattern to me, but again i'm no meteorologist, so i could be completely wrong, just throwing that out there.

my guess is that the yellow rain has to do with sulfur from the volcano erupting in southern japan. SSW to NNE weather currents make much more sense to me, and seem like a much more likely culprit for the off color rain.

i'm surprised no one, unless i missed it while reading this thread, has mentioned volcanic activity as a possible cause for the this. i would think a volcano has the ability to put far more sulfur in the air than early blooming flowers & tree's do with pollen.

Besides, if this were pollen, wouldn't this happen EVERY year?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ1123TKE
uranium oxide has been mentioned here --- is it even light enough to evaporate into existing rain clouds?

As I explained in more detail a few posts back:
When particles are small enough, the weight of the substance is no longer relevant to its suspension in the atmosphere. There is still plutonium in the atmosphere from bomb tests. These tiny particles continually settle and then get drawn up into the atmosphere again.

Sub-micron particles exhibit gas-like behaviour

Uranium can also form a couple of soluble compounds which have traditionally been used as yellow colourings in glass. Many of our grannies have slightly radioactive uranium glass in their cupboards.

secondly, i'm no weather expert, but tokyo (a city that has yet to be evacuated, mind you), lays about 200+ miles SSW of fukishima ... has the weather been blowing from NNE to SSW? If so, that seems like an odd weather pattern to me, but again i'm no meteorologist, so i could be completely wrong, just throwing that out there.

Most of the plume has been blowing out to sea, sparing Tokyo the worse of it, but the plume has a tendency to curl around, just managing to touch Tokyo.
As radiation is still pouring out, and will be for months, if not years, things will get much worse for Tokyo in the rainy season, when the winds change.

my guess is that the yellow rain has to do with sulfur from the volcano erupting in southern japan. SSW to NNE weather currents make much more sense to me, and seem like a much more likely culprit for the off color rain.

i'm surprised no one, unless i missed it while reading this thread, has mentioned volcanic activity as a possible cause for the this. i would think a volcano has the ability to put far more sulfur in the air than early blooming flowers & tree's do with pollen.

Have there ever been reports of volcanic eruptions colouring rain yellow?

Besides, if this were pollen, wouldn't this happen EVERY year?

We're supposed to believe the residents of the area have very short memories.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

There is also the annoying fact that under high temperatures fission materials and by-products like to aerosolize in particles that generally clump around 6 micrometersand do not like to form many (if any ) particles about 10 micrometers. At 60C cesuim has about 50% aerosolization if it's in an explosion, but at temps where hydrogen is produced ( in a nuclear reactor ) 1200C it will aerosolize at almost 100% , at those same temperatures about 10% of the uranium will also be released in the single digit micrometer sizes. These substances like to bond with air and air-born moisture ( you water that heavy thing that floats in the sky occasionally ) , so given that the reactors and pools at fukushoma have been spewing radiation non-stop 24/7 for 5 weeks you may not have pure uranium rain/pollen , but get a large enough sample and there will be some along with lots of cesium.

It's good to have someone here who knows what he's talking about.

There've been people on various forums advocating nuking the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant, saying this will destroy the radiation and stop its spread.

What effect do you believe nuking the place would have?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join