It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOXIC YELLOW RAIN falling in Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
March 24, 2011

Radioactive yellow rain that fell in Tokyo and surrounding areas last night caused panic amongst Japanese citizens and prompted a flood of phone calls to Japan’s Meteorological Agency this morning, with people concerned that they were being fed the same lies as victims of Chernobyl, who were told that yellow rain which fell over Russia and surrounding countries after the 1986 disaster was merely pollen, the same explanation now being offered by Japanese authorities.

japantoday.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"why on earth would radiation turn the rain yellow?"
I'm afraid too many of us grew up on old comic books. We expect radiation to turn things green and make us shoot webs out our wrists.

I thought it was funny....

edit on 24-3-2011 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Crazy.. If anyone can handle the truth its the Japanese. I could understand lying to us Americans cause a good % would start burning cities down. Hopefully they will be alright in the long run.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Radioactive rain is the same colour as normal rain. Why woudn't it be?

Or have the Japs been dying their radiation so it'll show up?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh man, i sincerely hope that this has been mis-reported. I feel for the people in Japan that have an idea they are being lied to, even more than those who do not.

Imagine knowing what was stated after Chernobyl, and then hearing the same lies and disinformation from your own government. I wish we had a way of verifying these reports, so we could inform the Japanese citizens without being accused of spreading panic.

Great catch dude, good post!
edit on 24/3/2011 by Learningman because: Sp.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I dont know Jack about Radiation Except it's everywhere at all times...but could it be that the yellow coloring is from the pollutants in the Reactor combined with all the filth being mixed around by all the fire hoses attempting to cool the reactors???Which is being boiled off into steam and then escaping into the atmosphere where it cools enough to solidify trapping particles an rains back down as yellow sludge or whatever its consistency is??? just a thought like I said I dont know much about these things....is this possible??

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Radioactive rain can be a few colours, such as the black rain after Hiroshima, which contained radioactive 'soot' and dust, and the pale yellow rain after Chernobyl that contained trace uranium.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Radiation does not colour rain. Other substances - like soot or dust or pollen can. Whether those substances are radioactive is another matter. But the colour of rain does not in any possible way indicate radioactivity.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Good point. We need to determine whether it is pollen, radioactive materials, or just dust/debris from the trauma the EQ caused on the land. I myself would be bricking it, just due to the similarity between the statements of the Japanese gov. and the statements made to the people residing in the area affected by Chernobyls infamous rains.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
WOW! i work with a woman from st.petersburgh russia. she has been in the states, since about 1990 with her kids. very nice smart woman. she was telling me 3 weeks ago, in japans case, in 1986 after cherynoble, about 4 days later, over where she lived in st.petersburgh..it rained pink and yellow crap. i asked her what it was..it was all the stuff from the reactor. her governemnt otld her not too worry, it was something else not realted, but she and her neighbors, everyone thier, she told me knew it wasnt true.
she isnt radioactive, and dosnt have any ill health problems. but still! its a true story and amazing!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Government is saying pollen from Cypress trees.

Checked with geiger counters- but iodine and other nucleides are (may be) mixed with the pollen rain, so officials say "don't touch".

So truth consensus is: DON'T TOUCH...
edit on 24-3-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For those who doubt Uranium's ability to alter the color of objects, I would to add the following. Uranium has been used for hundreds of years to color glass in both industrial and commercial venues. Text is from Uranium Glass ...

Uranium glass is glass which has had uranium, usually in oxide diuranate form, added to a glass mix prior to melting.

The normal color of uranium glass ranges from yellow to green depending on the oxidation state and concentration of the metal ions

The most typical color of uranium glass is pale yellowish-green

Uranium glass also fluoresces bright green under ultraviolet light

Hmm.. perhaps someone should shine a UV light in this yellow rain. Not sure if that would work in this situation though.

edit on 24-3-2011 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A question I would have for this, is that if this was in fact pollen laden rain, surely it would take some special meteorological condition for the pollen to be suspended in the water. And at high concentrations to leave residue on surfaces??!!

Even at the height of pollen season in the UK, you never see anything that matches that description.

Also, if this is the case, surely in the history of Japan this would not be a "first case" scenario. I know there is always a first time for everything, but this is taking things a little too far!

it could be debris dust, it could be readioactive dust. It could well be pollen.

However I didn't think that the cherry blossom festival was until April / May. So what type of pollen are we talking here.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
Also, if this is the case, surely in the history of Japan this would not be a "first case" scenario. I know there is always a first time for everything, but this is taking things a little too far!

it could be debris dust, it could be readioactive dust. It could well be pollen.

My wife is a Japanese, Jakius. She says she sees this kind of rain when wind blows over the extensive cypress forests.

We both think your description:

it could be debris dust, it could be readioactive dust. It could well be pollen

is substantially correct: all three together.

Scientific data here: Pollen Season in Japan

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Not good..

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I take it meltdown is completing?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Pollen....Are you kidding me, correct me if I am wrong but is it not winter time in Japan now? I am no tree expert but trees do not produce pollen in the winter time do they?
oops sorry chakotay did not read your post before posting
edit on 3/24/2011 by BigDuke6 because: cuz i am a knuckle head lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDuke6
Pollen....Are you kidding me, correct me if I am wrong but is it not winter time in Japan now? I am no tree expert but trees do not produce pollen in the winter time do they?

See the link in my last post, Duke. They do.

For Western and Eastern Japan (including Tokyo and the surrounding Kanto area) this means the hay fever season starts between end of January and mid-February. The Sugi pollen season peaks in the second half of March - first half of April in these areas, then declining over the following 6-8 weeks. Hinoki pollination lags sugi by about a month, so it starts and peaks later.

From Wikipedia.

I've seen it before- puddles with yellow ring-around-the-collar...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Anyone who is trying to argue that it isn't uranium in the rain is a paid disinformant or a dillusional disinformant

You expect people to believe that pollen in mass amounts has concentrated in the atmosphere, during the winter, and is raining down on the people.

Not to mention uranium is used to colour glass like a previous poster mentioned

And, this same event in the last nuclear disaster, is repeating? Coincidence?

We need a thread to expose these shills

Canada has more trees than a majority of the world and pollen rain would be a new one

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
Anyone who is trying to argue that it isn't uranium in the rain is a paid disinformant or a dillusional disinformant

LOL Adub, I want my paycheck then man!

Read the Wiki, calm down, and if you're in Tokyo, visit relatives in the South, okay?

Man I wish I got paid to tell the truth on ATS

(It's karma... I called an old lady on my "EPA Coverup" thread a disinfo agent... stress brings out the best in us all)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join