It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump "Screwed" Gadhafi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
(Title of thread directly quoted from CNN.)

This from CNN March 24th, 2011

(CNN) –
Donald Trump, whose flirtations with a presidential bid continue, says he has special experience dealing with Libyan leader Moammer Gadhafi. Speaking on Fox News Monday, Trump says he has more of a track record than anyone in the Republican presidential field when it comes to dealing with foreign leaders and dignitaries: "I sell them real estate for tremendous amounts of money. I mean, I've dealt with everybody."

And the good part.....

Trump, who has said he will decide on a presidential bid by June, said he is particularly happy with the fact he "screwed" Gadhafi on a past real estate deal. "I rented him a piece of land. He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years, and then I didn't let him use the land," Trump boasted. "That's what we should be doing. I don't want to use the word 'screwed', but I screwed him."

SOURCE

In a way, this is kind of funny. But in another way, not so funny. Especially since Donald Trump hasn't publicly announced his decision whether to run for the White House in 2012 or not. One could say that this comment from the Donald, suggests he would "screw" the American people if saw financially fit to do so.

Who's to say he'd be worse for the US than Obama or Dubya. Yet, who's to say if he would be any better? Honestly, it doesn't matter who tries a run for President in 2012, because the American President, in reality, is nothing more than the mouthpiece for the stuffy people in Congress and the Senate. And not to mention the "real" powers that be behind all of them.

I think we all know that Obama has his foot in the door forcibly, for a second term any way.
edit on 3/24/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2011 by MadDogtheHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Donald Trump wouldn't know the truth if it walked up and bit him on the arse.

The only reason he didn't go through with renting him the property is the political uproar that broke out after community members learned who was renting it.

"It's not confirmed that he is coming to Bedford. We only know he's rented some property. He's not going to have many fans in Bedford or Westchester County, certainly not me. Don't want to see him in my county or my district. There's not going to be any welcome mat for him in Bedford," Republican State Sen. Vincent L. Leibell said.

U.S. Rep John Hall, D-N.Y., said he would contact the State Department and other federal authorities to protest Gaddafi's presence in his district.

"This sponsor of terror is not welcome here," Hall said. "Several residents of this area were horrifically murdered on Pan Am Flight 103. Gaddafi's presence in our community is a slap in the face to the memories of these victims and their families, adding to the recent outrage of the hero's welcome Gaddafi staged for the convicted murderer released by Scotland." - source

Only then did Trump break off the deal. This new spin on the story only makes Trump look even more like a callous cheat. God forbid this lout runs for president, I would rather vote for Palin (shudder) than this jerk.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
He'll screw anyone,just ask the residents in Balmedie near Aberdeen Scotland where he is making a golf course.Pushed through by his mates in the UK & Scottish government never mind the people who HAVE to sell their homes by forced purchase offer.He's a pri** who thinks his money and that hair let him do what he wants,president....wow!The sad thing is uninformed sheep will vote for him if given the chance.doesn't say much for the intelligence of most voters.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The only reason he didn't go through with renting him the property is the political uproar that broke out after community members learned who was renting it.
I don’t know exactly what went down, but what Trump is describing, namely that he rented Gaddafi the land (“I rented him a piece of land”), Gaddafi paid him, by Trump’s own admission, an extremely inflated price (“He paid me more for one night than the land was worth for two years”), and he then refused Gaddafi use the land (“and then I didn't let him use the land”), is significantly different from version presented by the news source you provided.

Assuming what Trump said is accurate, which probably isn’t knowing Trump, and Gaddafi is someone I have no sympathy for, but it seems to me that Trump is admitting to ripping someone off on TV. Admitting to a crime on television and bragging about it... that’s presidential material!

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
Who's to say he'd be worse for the US than Obama or Dubya. Yet, who's to say if he would be any better?
I will say it then. Knowing how bad George W. Bush’s presidency was, and that there has been no significant and meaningful change from that with Obama, we’d be worse with this egomaniac as President for sure.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If I "screwed over" a third world dictator in a financial deal, the last thing I'd do is brag about it in the press!

Who knows? Kadaffy may yet live through this rebel uprising, and eventually come looking for revenge...
edit on 24-3-2011 by LS650 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Agreed. This comment gave him away. I wouldn't vote for him even if he paid me. He seems to have no regard for anyone but himself. He may have screwed one of our current political 'enemies', but that doesn't make it any better. It only shows his true character. If he thought he would receive applause for such an action, he was wrong. It's not O.K. to 'screw' anyone, no matter how horrible they may be. One should always deal with people fairly. If he were an upstanding kind of guy, he would have either respectfully declined to do business with people like Gaddafi, or give him the same price he would give anyone for the same property.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Agree with all you say. However there is an evil voice in my head that is telling me I should tell Trump he can buy my vote, secure the money and then vote for whomever the hell I want. Sort of "screw" the Trumpster right back, ya know?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I didn't know Trump was a gay

edit on 24-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
"The Donald" is still a Pompous A-hole and the admission that he "screwed" Gaddafi (before this crisis unfolded) tells me that he is not a "straight shooter." (I did not read the thread so I dont know exactly what he did - doesn't matter).
edit on 24-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

I think I had the same voice in my head. It took all my willpower to push it aside.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Remember when Trump gave Ghadaffi a house to stay at during a UN visit in 09? I don't know but would that not be prosecutable under The Trading With The Enemy Act of 1942?

My homecity of Jersey City, NJ was supposed to get a 2 tower condo plaza called Trump Plaza Jersey City and only 1 tower is done with no indication as to when the 2nd tower's construction will commence.

Hold Trump's feet to the fire on this because this proves without a shadow of doubt that he does not complete projects he starts and you want someone like that running for POTUS.

He has no elected office experience and is willing to buy his way in the same was Bloomberg did in NYC and Meg Whitman for Ca Gov and Linda McMahon tried doing when she ran for Ct Senate.
edit on 24-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join