It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am required to respect you, not your beliefs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

Love and peace are great, but I'm not talking about randomly going up to Biblical creationists and telling them how clearly they're wrong. I'm talking about openly and actively discussing it on a website which was designed to openly and actively discuss matters. I'm not going to pull any punches on here just because it might offend someone. Conversely, I'll only deal with creationists in my daily life if they're trying to get their hogwash (to see why it's hogwash, just go over to the "Origins and Creationism" forum) placed in my schools or if they are trying to convince me that evolution is a myth.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

My position is simply this: Christians (and other believers) are wrong about some things, but they're still people.

And if you state your beliefs in that tone you will find you are responded to in that tone...understand?

edit on 3/24/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You are entitled to act anyway you please, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Can't lead a horse to water.

I'm agnostic, don't believe the events in the bible are completely true. You know how stories change by word of mouth. Non the less I do think some... not all.. of the moral lessons in the bible are useful. But then I can get a funnier kid book that will teach most of the same lessons.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Everyone gets a bag of pearls, which is their wisdom. it's a big bag.
But not to be wasted. On those that cannot digest pearls.
Use them sparingly, when possible.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I long ago realized that I can pick the pearls up. Hell, I can even gain more pearls. I can even make copies of the pearls of others. It's a lot like file sharing, it's just that there are a lot less people against it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You're down with opp?

You know what I mean though, sometimes you just bow out gracefully. Realizing cranial thickness can be varied.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join