It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Homes going up rapidly in Atlanta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This video was taken in North Atlanta... this subdivision had sat with about 15 houses left to build for about 2 years now. Yet since the beginning of February, these last 15 houses are being completed rapidly and sold...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Looks like things are on the up and up in Atlanta. Good for them.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Where I live is one of the hardest hit areas by the housing market burst, and the unemployment (riverside county ca) We bought in a new development (upside down on it but thats another story).

We moved here before the bubble burst and there was construction everywhere, when it burst it all stopped. Now though I am seeing new houses being built, not as much as before but they are being built and sold (the contractor i talked to said they are doing them as they sell now)

As well as several new business have opened recently and or continuing to open, not as gloom and doom as I would expect coming to ATS, who knows perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel after all.
edit on 24-3-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Too bad it's being bought by only 1% of the population probably as winter homes or retreats, and the rest are government bought for the illegals and welfare screw ups to sit pretty in on our tax dollars while we struggle. Go ahead go by those homes gaurantee 1/2 are rental now (That's the one percent renting the home while they sit and collect) the other half will be hispanics blacks and maybe evena very few whites on the government subsidy.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That was basically what happened here as well in Atlanta, only not to the degree it occurred in Cali...

I'm glad to see actual homes being built as they are sold myself...

Good luck to you!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Too bad it's being bought by only 1% of the population probably as winter homes or retreats, and the rest are government bought for the illegals and welfare screw ups to sit pretty in on our tax dollars while we struggle. Go ahead go by those homes gaurantee 1/2 are rental now (That's the one percent renting the home while they sit and collect) the other half will be hispanics blacks and maybe evena very few whites on the government subsidy.

Actually, none of these are being bought to be rented out. And this is an affluent multi-cultural community. Most of the families which have bought have moved here from places with a higher cost of living. Or they have children and want to move to our school system, which is the best in Georgia.

The picture is not the dire one you paint at all.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

W00t im part of the 1% buying homes and renting them out.

Wait Im hispanic? do I have to give them back?!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I can look out my window and see the new homes being put up daily, My wife and I went to look at them, might buy one in about 6 months when we get the 20% down for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by ldyserenity

W00t im part of the 1% buying homes and renting them out.

Wait Im hispanic? do I have to give them back?!

Im talking about the government homes that are being bought for secton 8 at least this is what I am seeing here.
In Florida. The government listing them as section 8 on craigslist and all the sold homes going up for rentals. Then they say you can rent them from like from now until December, at which time the owner utilizes as a winter home. That's typical down here. I don't see anything for sale here or going up that hasn't been bought by the government or "snow birds" Which are what we call the elites who come down only during the winter months.
But good on Atlanta their prices must've come down on the homes, here it's gone up, if you can beleive it, it used to be a cheap area, now all the homes list at the same price it would be in NJ where its a higher cost of living.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Housing prices will drop another 10 percent this year. But if a guy likes the area and doesn't care about that price. and wants that home for his family good for them.. Its not always about price.. A lot of people are upside down on there house but they don't care one bit, cause there not selling...

top topics

join