It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Onboard2

I don't know, are you sure about that? I have read that Einstein considered himself not to be much of a mathemetician and even had mathemeticians do some of that work for him. Of course, I didn't know him and haven't heard him say anything like this myself, only read what others have written.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

That's impressive, I did something similar. I took remedial algebra my first semester in college because I paid no attention in high school. I found out I liked math so much I bought the next algebra and trig books, read them, and tested into pre-calc for the next semester. It was fun.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Prediction...

Total burnout by 19 and dead before 30....

Hope I'm wrong and this kid sets the world ablaze

the brightest star shines half as long???

maybe but not always. rules are there to be broken

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

this is true , einsteins maths wasnt his strongest academic card!
I read the book Quantum recently and in this book , notes from his journals and correspondance to other physicists shows that his maths wasnt his strong point.
His theoretical thinking however was almost unparalelled

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's the best news i heard all week.The positive side of humankind and a better future for us in the face of this sweet kid.I liked that he tried to explain the time traveller.Maybe in his innocence will try to explain and discover other similar subjects.Subjects that our great scientists are afraid to touch.

I only hope that they will let him live his childhood(as much as possible).He is a genious ,but he is also a child.

When he was talking i felt sooooo stupid
I didn't understand a word.

I really wish the best for him.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Intelligent people writing equations on windows seems to be in vogue lately. This kid is very impressive though.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have a tongue in cheek theory about Autism and mental illnesses similar to it...If I was as smart as some of these autistic kids, I wouldn't waste my time talking to idiots either. I truly believe they are the way they are because they are simply annoyed by stupid people and our stupid little ways...lol
edit on 25-3-2011 by JustJoe because: Fix something...Geeze, this thing is nosy

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
A 170 IQ isn't even that high.

My childs IQ 182 and is the 99.9 percentile or the top 0.01% of the population. It was mentioned she uses both sides of the brain equally not left or right.

I can only assume that this boy also has a photographic memory similar to my child. My daughter can recite pages from books that she has read years ago word for word. She says she can see the words clearly in her mind and just reads them back. Her mind is like some form of computer where she has an ability to store information at will indefinately or pass up and forget. It's her call.

Whilst this boy is brilliant and shows great leadership qualities I personally think he is missing out on so many levels. How will he cope with life in general has he ever learnt how to deal with failure?
There are more questions here than answers and no matter how intelligent they are they all make mistakes sometime.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Hear, hear.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wow!
d of x interval of D prime of x....I got lost as soon as he started talikg...ha!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsOz2011

My childs IQ 182 and is the 99.9 percentile or the top 0.01% of the population. It was mentioned she uses both sides of the brain equally not left or right.

I can only assume that this boy also has a photographic memory similar to my child. My daughter can recite pages from books that she has read years ago word for word. She says she can see the words clearly in her mind and just reads them back. Her mind is like some form of computer where she has an ability to store information at will indefinately or pass up and forget. It's her call.

Whilst this boy is brilliant and shows great leadership qualities I personally think he is missing out on so many levels. How will he cope with life in general has he ever learnt how to deal with failure?
There are more questions here than answers and no matter how intelligent they are they all make mistakes sometime.

He has a girlfriend, plays the piano by ear, plays video games and still hangs out with his high school friends. I dont really think he is missing out on anything, more than we do. He lives, mostly, like a normal kid, with the exception of his genious mind.

Ever since I was a kid, I have heard that. If someone in my class scored higher than the rest, that person would be labeled a nerd with no life. People would say the nerd didn't enjoy life as much as, you guessed, those with poor grades! Yeah, 'cause we should all follow the example of class idiots. Riiiiight. Same thing here. I have read this news in several different websites and in the comments, there are always people saying this kid has no life, that something bad will happen to him.

It's like people have to say bad things about the kid to 'even the score'. Like saying "sure, he is good at math... but I bet his life sux.".

edit on 25-3-2011 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

He has a girlfriend, plays the piano by ear, plays video games and still hangs out with his high school friends. I dont really think he is missing out on anything, more than we do. He lives, mostly, like a normal kid, with the exception of his genious mind.

Ever since I was a kid, I have heard that. If someone in my class scored higher than the rest, that person would be labeled a nerd with no life. People would say the nerd didn't enjoy life as much as, you guessed, those with poor grades! Yeah, 'cause we should all follow the example of class idiots. Riiiiight. Same thing here. I have read this news in several different websites and in the comments, there are always people saying this kid has no life, that something bad will happen to him.

It's like people have to say bad things about the kid to 'even the score'. Like saying "sure, he is good at math... but I bet his life sux.".

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Very good point. I would imagine , as there always is when someone excels at something, that a fair degree of jealousy is involved with some of the less positive comments about the child geniuses life.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by wtbengineer

this is true , einsteins maths wasnt his strongest academic card!
I read the book Quantum recently and in this book , notes from his journals and correspondance to other physicists shows that his maths wasnt his strong point.
His theoretical thinking however was almost unparalelled

Thanks for that information, but I did try to research, if the information was true that he wasn't the best at math. The info. I read claimed that it was myth and math was his favorite subject. But I didn't read the book Quantum.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MsOz2011

Assuming he is full time at college and not just part time subject accelerated he would most definately have nothing socially in common with his classmates. My daughter will be in the same position next year when she does university math and science part time. Although she is very mature and fits in very well with classmates up to 4 years older, at university they can be any age and this is my greatest concern.

This whole story is sensationalizing this boy to the extreme and that's my point. There are many children out there with these abilities only most are protected by their parents from the media not exploited by them!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
One widely held belief about Einstein is that he failed math as a student, an assertion that is made, often accompanied by the phrase “as everyone knows,” by scores of books and thousands of websites designed to reassure underachieving students. A Google search of Einstein failed math turns up more than 500,000 references. The allegation even made it into the famous “Ripley’s Believe it or Not!” newspaper column.

Alas, Einstein’s childhood offers history many savory ironies, but this is not one of them. In 1935, a rabbi in Princeton showed him a clipping of the Ripley’s column with the headline “Greatest living mathematician failed in mathematics.” Einstein laughed. “I never failed in mathematics,” he replied, correctly. “Before I was fifteen I had mastered differential and integral calculus.” In primary school, he was at the top of his class and “far above the school requirements” in math. By age 12, his sister recalled, “he already had a predilection for solving complicated problems in applied arithmetic,” and he decided to see if he could jump ahead by learning geometry and algebra on his own. His parents bought him the textbooks in advance so that he could master them over summer vacation. Not only did he learn the proofs in the books, he also tackled the new theories by trying to prove them on his own. He even came up on his own with a way to prove the Pythagorean theory.

www.time.com...

He was also visual spatial, like many of those with Aspergers.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I believe autism is a leap in our evolution. We stifle it with drugs because these kids don't behave they way we think they should! It is a shame that the human being is so unwilling to move forward.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by MsOz2011

Assuming he is full time at college and not just part time subject accelerated he would most definately have nothing socially in common with his classmates. My daughter will be in the same position next year when she does university math and science part time. Although she is very mature and fits in very well with classmates up to 4 years older, at university they can be any age and this is my greatest concern.

This whole story is sensationalizing this boy to the extreme and that's my point. There are many children out there with these abilities only most are protected by their parents from the media not exploited by them!

Then you are assuming wrong. He is not there full time. He doesn't even have a scholarship. His mother gave an interview about how hard it was to get him accepted to attend classes at IUPIU. Like I said, he lives a normal life, but he is NOT like MANY kids out there. On the contrary. He is part of a minority. And I don't think they are sentionalising anything. They either report the news, or they don't. I rather they do it.

It's not like he's the next Justin Bieber! He's a kid with a special brain. It is a nice piece of news. A positive news, amidst all the chaos and infotainment we have in the news today.

As for his IQ of 170, this is the HIGHEST score, the top of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children. It can't go any higher. Which makes me think there are probably different IQ tests and we should be careful when comparing IQ scores. I mean, I score 152 in an internet IQ score, but I don't think that means anything. It just gives me bragging rights against my friends who scored less, I guess. =P

If anyone wanna read more info about this kid so they don't have to speculate, check the link below.
A more complete story of Jacob Barnet

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yes, one has to realize that the ignorant comments originate from ignorant people. Simply because they have nothing else to contribute from their ignorant minds.

Integration by parts is a standard Calc II and is used in solving more than one function. Somewhat analogous to a ratchet set in a tool box might be. In that it makes things simpler by breaking down complex functions into more manageable and easily solvable parts.

Interesting coming from a 12 year old though....but how old is he really ? Yes, his body is only 12 years old but how old is he really ?

This somewhat affirms my belief in reincarnation. All of this math and science might appear rudimentary for him because he learned all of this before in a previous life perhaps ?

He'd be an interesting candidate for a past life regression.

Remember that this is the age of awareness and enlightenment. People such as this Kid are incarnating here with this vast knowledge in order to change the paradigm in which we live. And to hopefully lead us out of the materialistic obsessed tailspin of a society that rules our lives.

Hopefully, he and others through their advanced knowledge will help make the world a better place and not one solely owned by a few wealthy Families as we have today.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join