It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

yeh I wanted to comment on that as well ! , these are the people our society should look up to , not the pop stars , not the film stars , tv drama stars, not the sports personalites , but the genius's who can make the world a better place for ever not just for the life span of that personality !

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
So because he has a very good memory he is being lifted and recognized as someone unique? He's a tool in one aspect of life.

Now Tesla, there's a person who not only contributed to humanity but thought out of the box.

I'm just not impressed.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by noonebutme

yeh I wanted to comment on that as well ! , these are the people our society should look up to , not the pop stars , not the film stars , tv drama stars, not the sports personalites , but the genius's who can make the world a better place for ever not just for the life span of that personality !

That is true in every sense. I have a feeling there are alot of others out there like him. Mabey even more now in these past years than ever. Human evolution has been stifled in a sense to keep people like this boy from popping up everywhere, but you can only hold back progress for so long before it comes rushing out of the flood gates.

TPTB do not want others like him getting ahold of the reigns because they don't think in dollar signs. Well for the most part that is.

If more poeple like this young boy were to be let loose on the worlds problems then the wallets of many super wealthy individuals, and families would take a huge hit. Our entire world society has been held back decades in order to make sure that a very few are able to live a rediculous kind of lifestyle in their short stay on this planet.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Just want to say that scientists who invent and file patents for useful products make an absolute fortune. i remember being introduced to a scientist ( afriend of the family) who used to work for ICI and he invented a couple of cleaning products and chemicals, he lived off the royalties and had an unbelievable life, without the intrusion that fame brings. think about all the people who invent stuff for google, microsoft, apple. they are all multi-millionairs off the royalties.

this kid (if its true becuase i dont understand it, therefore difficult for me to take as 100% truth) clearly has potential for similar.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
reply to post by scottlpool2003

think about all the people who invent stuff for google, microsoft, apple. they are all multi-millionairs off the royalties.

Some of the REALLY smart ones are also paid rediculous amounts of money to just stay out of the spotlight, and not attempt to use their genius toward the betterment of humanity. Sad, but true.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
A 170 IQ isn't even that high.

link   
Read alot of confused rambling about the childs condition on here, Aspergers . The thing to remember with Aspergers is that there are varying degrees of severity. Some Aspergers sufferers have little to no social capability, and although bright and capable of feats of concentration which defeat thier peers, largely speaking they are regular folks. This is not the case where this child genius is concerned.

If you observe the OP article and specificaly heed the words of this childs lecturer, you will note that it is said that his fellow students (many of whom are likey knocking on the door of a decade older than the child himself) go to him for aid with tricky problems. It also mentions that unlike other prodigies , he is approachable, even though his intellect is capable of frightening the hell out of folks sometimes. This suggests to me, that although he has Aspergers , he has not got the severe , savant like form of the condition, but is merely a mildly autistic genius. This in turn suggests, that while he is bound to have some idiosyncratic behaviours, they will likely be far less obstructive to his psychological, and social development than might otherwise be the case.

Some may be concerned that the child is going to grow up outside, and with little to no understanding of, the pop culture of this day and age, seperate from what the norms of society dictate a young person should be thinking, saying and doing. Personaly speaking, I can think of nothing more horrific than forcing a genius to spend time around absolute fools, and by insisting that they partake of the sociological kool aid of the day, decrease thier intellect by degrees, as the weight of moronism scrapes glacialy at thier minds. This kid has an oppertunity that any sufficiently intelligent youth would jump at. He gets to spend his time around people who are capable of discussing his interests with him, and engaging him in conversation which actualy has the capacity to stimulate his brain matter, and reinforce his mind, rather than let his mind rot through inactivity.

Personaly speaking, I am thrilled to bits that he has this fantastic oppertunity , and I hope he grasps it, and makes as much, or as little of it as pleases him.

link   
reply to post by CuriousR

Saids who? Proof?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The Rothschilds will have him on the payroll by age 15. The Rockefellers may try to bid higher, that is if the Russian mafia doesn't get to him first.

Right on,
I fear that anything good which comes from this will be turned into evil by the alphabet agencies and or military.
I am wondering how he would progress if he was to continue his education in a Tibetan Monastry surrounded by only kindness, peace and Love......

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What is it about some of these disabilities that makes people so bright?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Ah but there is nothing this kid or Einstein could do to make this world a better place is there. Imagine councelling a drug addict "Well Stanley, the key to your happiness is undertanding how we think the universe ticks... well until someone else finds we were wrong. Either that or mathematics will help you get better.."

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
igorrrrrr!? pull.... sie... switch!!1!!!!1

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Its not a case of disability making a person bright. Thats just not the correct way to look at it. This kid is a bad example of aspergers anyway, because he would be a genius without it, having such a high IQ and all. But in Aspergers sufferers, thier capacity to narrow down thier focus and concentration is much higher than yours and mine, to the point where a sufficiently severe sufferer would be able to sit and do a large jigsaw puzzle right in the middle of a gun fight.
Its this ability to focus down on the detail of a difficult problem, that allows intellectualy developed sufferers to perform amazing feats of math, geometry, and so on.
However , in the most serious of cases, this obsessive ability to concentrate, can mean that if caught unawares by enormous amounts of sensory or emotional input, the sufferer can become upset by the sheer volume of data they are exposed to, and may stand in a corner, or hide thier eyes to reduce the amount of sensory information flowing to thier brains. Its a physical outworking of that internal narrowness of focus. The interpersonal communication problems associated with Aspergers (in severe cases mostly) are more like a side effect of that obsession with focus and concentration, rather than being a seperate part of the symptomology of the condition.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Essentially the reason why we only use a small portion of our brains potential is that, in the case we were forced to use all of it. The brain would be processing so many things we would barely be able to function at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Intelligence without compassion is pointless. We can already build shuttles and LHC's. But we are still not a lovely species. We need H(Hearth)Q instead of IQ.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
WOW, I can't even recite my 5 times tables

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Mate that's of the charts top 5% in the world.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeatSymphonic
We can only imagine what this boy will accomplish by the time he reaches the age that Einstein developed his theory of relativity. That is if he continues to learn and study at the rate he is now. Let's just hope he uses his brain for good and doesn't develop the tools for the next super weapons.

Yes lets hope he doesnt do exactly what Einstein did. LOL

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by scottlpool2003
Sensational, it's people like this who should be on footballers wages. The people who can really make a difference.

You do know what that would do right? Spoil people like him like Paris Hilton and it would completely destroy them. Money is not some kind of ``savior``... Better for him to get a regular salary then to get 10-20 million/year.
. Maybe he'll figure out a way for society to continue without monetary worry or care. And get people to realize is we are intelligent, and it can make us better if we focus on intelligence rather than profit. It was like sometime ago someone figured out a scam in life with banks and money and working and most of us havent figured that out yet, you arebeing scammed. Life if awesome, this "for the better good" society is a farce.. We could be so much more

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

thats not entirely true , ahd einstein applied his intelligence to other fields im sure he could have helped many "drug addicts!"

Although saying that , by understanding the very fabric / framework which makes our universe work , will unlock many great things for the human race .It will help us understand the universe and ourselves .
Soby that they could easily help millions and the millions to come after

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join