It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Well I do hope you're assessment is more accurate than my own.

It's VERY RARE that a child prodigy ends up becoming an adult genius. First off, the educational system itself stifles creative potential. It teaches a very black and white, right or wrong mindset...

That's false. In technical subjects---e.g. science and mathematics where "wisdom about the world" matters less than intensive talent---creativity is certainly encouraged at a major research institutions. It is most certainly not ALL "black and white"---at least in those areas when it is honestly not so!

On the other hand, these young geniuses will find that, at some point, not everything they think is the case is actually true. No doubt they are more advanced than all their high school teachers and classmates, but once they get to their top university, they will find that their professors were, at their age, like them, and now have 30 years more experience. And much of that 30 years more experience involves learning the collected wisdom of the last 200 years of the entire planet's collection of people who once were 12 year olds with 170 IQ's.

And yes some things are actually wrong, and some things are right, and there are parts that are unknown, and the scientists who really know things will show them.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The Rothschilds will have him on the payroll by age 15. The Rockefellers may try to bid higher, that is if the Russian mafia doesn't get to him first.

Nice list, but you missed the most likely employer: The USA.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by slopeofyourmind

Good luck with that. The field of physics is even more divided now since Niels Bohr proved Einstein wrong on the theory of Quantum Mechanics. Einstein spent much of the rest of his career in dismay after that and made little more contributions to science.

String theory came along and was supposed to unify all theories and today it is a jumbled mess of physisyts with opposing views with unprovable theories.

As Bohr proved, there is a chaotic random nature to the fabric of reality and what we understand of advanced physics now is essentially obsolete.
edit on 24-3-2011 by slopeofyourmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2011 by slopeofyourmind because: (no reason given)

This is not a correct description of either Bohr or Einstein.

Neither of them disagreed on the experimental predictions of quantum mechanics---after all Einstein invented/discovered the idea of the photon and the quantitative theory of the laser. Einstein asserted that Bohr's "Copenhagen Interpretation" was physically unclear conceptual mumbo-jumbo even though it produced correct answers.

Many modern scientists who study this agree (as I do as well) . Einstein proposed some alterations to QM to alleviate these issues. Only after Einstein had died, were these specific proposals ruled out by experiment. However, the nonsensical nature of Copenhagen-Interpretation as a fundamental concept remained.

Today "decoherence" (supported by modern understanding of chaos) is the best explanation for the QM observability problems and Einstein would have supported this as physically reasonable instead of "Copenhagen".

On this, I think Einstein was more right than Bohr, though Bohr was right that his + Heisenberg's mechanics were really enough to explain observations.

As Bohr proved, there is a chaotic random nature to the fabric of reality and what we understand of advanced physics now is essentially obsolete.

No. The actually mysterious part of quantum mechanics is that it works in a Hilbert space.
I personally think that all other apparent randomness is not essential but ordinary determinstic chaos, and that in the right space, the unlimited and perpetual time evolution of the Heisenberg equation is true, and not just in moments between magical 'observations' but always.
edit on 25-3-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
That is awesome! Maybe this kid is the reincarnation of Einstein... who knows.

Autistic boy,12, with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

A 12-year-old child prodigy has astounded university professors after grappling with some of the most advanced concepts in mathematics.

Jacob Barnett has an IQ of 170 - higher than Albert Einstein - and is now so far advanced in his Indiana university studies that professors are lining him up for a PHD research role.

The boy wonder, who taught himself calculus, algebra, geometry and trigonometry in a week, is now tutoring fellow college classmates after hours.

And now Jake has embarked on his most ambitious project yet - his own 'expanded version of Einstein's theory of relativity'.

According to the Indiana Star, Institute astrophysics professor Scott Tremaine -himself a world renowned expert - confirmed the authenticity of Jake's theory.

Jake was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome, a mild form of autism, from an early age.

He's already going to university and ahead of everyone... Hopefully he finds some answers and get a Nobel prize in physics!

Here's himself on video :

edit on 24-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on 24/3/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

I really liked the part when he said 'Now this is fairly straight forward'.................. I missed a few classes a school it seems.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by slopeofyourmind

I agree...Until he does something that gets me ahead he's just HOT AIR!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It is truely great that this story was picked up here on ATS.

I live five miles down the road from this young man. I don't know the family, but I have followed his story for a time. I feel he is in a loving home where the parents seem to have good mid-west values and attitudes. He is in good hands, IMO.

The thing I appreciate in Jake's life is his early childhood teacher who broke through the silence and encouraged Jake to finally speak. My grandchild was in the same program, as he refused to communicate at an early age as well. He also was brought out of this silence stage. In his case they taught him to communicate with sign language as a first step. I also appreciate that the parents of Jake are encouraging him to have a regular kid's life rather than letting the science freaks take over his life completely. Balance is so important in all our lives.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Well you're free to disagree, but some of my friends who are IQ160+ know that this is the case first hand. One of these individuals had a perfect SAT score, free ride to ivy league colleges, and dropped half a semester into college because he disagreed with his professors continuously and they decided to revoke his scholarship. The guy now is head of a software developing company, and fires Incompetent PHDs at least once a year. He will be first to tell you that top universities only allow a certain amount of creativity. Any true genius would know this in their heart, IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Very simply, the key to understanding the universe is understanding ourselves and our own mind. Therein, lies the key to the stars and creation. We have always been capable of it but only the most innocent and unassuming are privy to the power of knowledge lest we all be wiped away.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Are you suggesting that the profs he encounters in furtherance of his education were once at the same level?...Scribbling out math formulas on windows and challenging the theory of relativity? If that's the case, then the relevance of this thread just crashed and burned. Respectfully, I just don't get your point?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by d00d557
I hope to sweet baby jesus that he somehow stumbles into the world of psychedelics in a few years. I only wonder what he could do with such a well rounded view of "reality"

If he did, he would do what others who have done the same have done.

Dead end.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Uh, Francis Crick ?!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by slopeofyourmind
This is bologna and nonsense. I.Q. means nothing. So what if this kid can do calculous 2? So can a computer. Do we now define intelligence by what a computer can do? Sounds rather robotic and nonprogressive. I'll be impressed when he develops a free energy device or a spaceship that can travel faster than the speed of light.

I totally agree with you in regard to IQ.

People who score high in IQ tests are simply good at the IQ test questions.

I have a genius level IQ (not boasting, it's meaningless) but still do the stupidest things, just like everyone (even more so than some who have very low IQ's).

I'm just good at the particular puzzles (my mum can always beat me at word games, she's a language genius!).

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
He probably is a reincarnation of Einstein himself! Reborn to tie up the loose ends in his General and Special theories of Relativity! No, seriously!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Let his knowledge shine brighter than any!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
This is exactly what we don't need !! More Demons (so called aliens) hijacking more children's bodies. There is a reason why Austim and mental disorder is on the rise. They are searching for a needle in a hay stack. The right set of human genes that will perfectly host a very strong and powerful demon. They are searching the world for this person collecting DNA from populations around the world. It's easiest to possess as babies and toddlers, but it becomes almost impossible as people mature without some serious trauma. Child abuse takes too long, isn't guaranteed, and does not produce consistent results. This is why we have big drug companies and vaccines.

I hope you don't believe that. Demon posession would be a terrible thing and nothing like just having gifts in a particular area.

I am a born-again type Christian and was considered a prodigy (nowhere like this kid, though) when I was quite young. In no way could I describe my path as demon influenced. I actually came to faith at 8 years old and have continued in my faith to this day, many decades later.

Being exceptional from the crowd is really being "less normal" and young children are acutely aware of this (more so than adults). Please see this child as a child of God because that is what he is.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I'll show you one Francis Crick and raise you a Timothy Leary.

You are quite right, I had forgotten about him (my bad).
edit on 25/3/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
My 12yo daughter is also in this range and is not aspergers, autistic or have any known alignment other than she is clinically blind in one of her eyes (deep left anisometropic). Apart from the fact that she is 4 years above her peers in science and math and 3 in all other subjects at school, her life is pretty normal. She does all the other age related activities such as sleep overs, beach, music and the occassional disco. Our education system in Australia will not allow any further accelerations due to age regulations so in effect she has become a little bored with the repetition. However she also has a love of books and reads on average about 1 000 a year. She also studies an additional language through distant education in her own time as her goal is to be fluent in over 10 languages. Her passion is physics, chemistry and ancient history and she is constantly challenging theories and writtings.

Recently she was given an assignment for year 11 science that has me a little intrigued. Something was happening to earth and she has to find a new planet outside our solar system that could one day support life. They want a complete asssessment from how they will travel to building and sustaining life. It should be an interesting read as she has chosen Gliese 581 and her method of transport is bending time.

I know for fact that this boy is one of many profoundly gifted children in this generation. I only hope with all this publicity surrounding him he gets to enjoy his childhood. You won't be seeing my daughter any time soon as a university study, on television or in newspapers but would be more inclined to find her surfing at the beach and/or just having fun like the rest of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's no #, my little brother has the same disorder, all though not as high of an IQ as him but he is incredibly smart. They wanted to bump him up 2 grades ahead but my dad didn't want him to be the little guy in class that got picked on so now he's just in advanced classes with kids that have the same disorder. But yeah, good for this kid, he's got a bright future, lets just hope his work isn't stolen by TPTB and he never gets put in danger because of his ability!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hey I clicked on this thread because lately I've been watching and reading about alien abductions and how through hypnosis, abductees say that they've seen alien/human hybrid babies.
It makes me wonder if it's true or possible that:
If there is a Sumerian alien connection that somewhat proves that we are alien creations...
Aliens manipulate the tectonic plates with HAARP or magnetic manipulation....
They infiltrated the gov. to create weather anomalies with HAARP
Gave the Mayans their calendar to countdown till the next advaced "batch" of human alien hybrids...
In all of history, the past hundred or so have seen extreme advancement so... could the hybrids be among us and could Jake be one of them?

edit on 25-3-2011 by AZEEZA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
and thats why i hate calculus

good job kid!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join