It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 years old boy with higher IQ than Einstein developing his own theory of relativity

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

Its nice that they are giving him loads of maths to try , however Id like to see him try and tackle other things , it would be cool to see him apply his intelligence to other fields instead of just maths .

Its like the mathematicians and physicists are hogging him !

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Yes, one has to realize that the ignorant comments originate from ignorant people. Simply because they have nothing else to contribute from their ignorant minds.

Integration by parts is a standard Calc II and is used in solving more than one function. Somewhat analogous to a ratchet set in a tool box might be. In that it makes things simpler by breaking down complex functions into more manageable and easily solvable parts.

Interesting coming from a 12 year old though....but how old is he really ? Yes, his body is only 12 years old but how old is he really ?

This somewhat affirms my belief in reincarnation. All of this math and science might appear rudimentary for him because he learned all of this before in a previous life perhaps ?

He'd be an interesting candidate for a past life regression.

Remember that this is the age of awareness and enlightenment. People such as this Kid are incarnating here with this vast knowledge in order to change the paradigm in which we live. And to hopefully lead us out of the materialistic obsessed tailspin of a society that rules our lives.

Hopefully, he and others through their advanced knowledge will help make the world a better place and not one solely owned by a few wealthy Families as we have today.

I confess the topic of reincarnation entertained me a bit when I read the news. But I also entertain the idea that this kid, and many others, are proof of the capabilities of our brains. If he is the reincarnation of a genius, who was the genius in the past life. Another reincarnation? If tehre was ever a genius in the past, that wasn't a reincarnation of anyone with a similar genious mind, than we must assume we could have genious minds in our time as well and they don't necessarily have to be reincarnations of past geniouses.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by henriquefd

Its nice that they are giving him loads of maths to try , however Id like to see him try and tackle other things , it would be cool to see him apply his intelligence to other fields instead of just maths .

Its like the mathematicians and physicists are hogging him !

Actually, he is not just tackling math. His real passion is astrophysics. And he IS tackling that!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The Rothschilds will have him on the payroll by age 15. The Rockefellers may try to bid higher, that is if the Russian mafia doesn't get to him first.

The Rockefellers are first cousins to the Rothschilds/Bauers. And they WILL take this boy away and use him as they see fit, or they will give him so much room and then take all of his work like they did with Tesla. It is truly a sad world when there are people that would steal and abuse and use others for their own gain. They should all be shot or hung. Bring back the old west, you do wrong, you hang, that simple. ALL the 300 families of the CFR and Trilateral commission should be rounded up and tried and then hanged for their crimes against humanity and nature. And there is a long list.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I find it noteworthy that Jake was born in the USA.
God could have sent him anywhere. He was born in the USA.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

Well, aren;t you full of the joys of spring? his IQ has been calculated at 170, therefore oficially and catagorically a genius, you then go on to state the all he has is a good memory, look up the definition of what is IQ, it is the ability to learn, which, correct me if I am wrong, is pretty much having a good memory, can;t learn if ya can;t remember. Your attack on this child and his abilities is needless and smacks of jealousy, why not just accept this story for what it is, a super intelligent kid that may or MAY NOT go on to acheive great things.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Gorgeous, he Gets It. This is the New Man. Blessings to him and his family and may the Gov leave him alone...

Now, deep Meditation and he will truly become The New Man...
edit on 25-3-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lammypie999

We need to put Jake in the same room as Gregory R. Smith.
Both boy geniuses born in the USA. What are the odds?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This kid makes me feel dumb for taking calculus in high school.

He's amazing!! I do hope he makes it and no one takes advantage of him.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I was doin this kinda stuff when I was 20 (23 now) and completely took my math skills for granted. Obviously they aren't as good as his, but hopefully he doesn't feel the need to be like a 'normal kid' in the future and drop his talent like some. Keep it up, it's OK to be socially awkward with your gift. Sometimes it's even fun.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
hes not going to make it the pressure is going to get to him. # the media.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
He should of stayed quiet, true wonders of the world do it quietly and without recognition, for the most part. Now hes going to be bothered everywhere.

My guess, at 18 the gov offers him a 50m a year contract to make new weapons.

Or by 14 he gets a girlfriend and forgets everything.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I hope his parents let him enjoy his childhood and is allowed to grow up as normally as possible.....

oh and btw Einstein never took an IQ test, so it's difficult to compare the two
edit on 25-3-2011 by gator1177 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
this post was pretty close huh?

On April 17 2011 a scientific genius will explains his theories like Einstein did in 1900s.

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

which, correct me if I am wrong, is pretty much having a good memory, can;t learn if ya can;t remember.

You're wrong. I have similar level IQ (not quite as high but pretty close) and one of the side effects is I can't retain information fully if the information in question isn't within one of my areas of interest.

A high IQ is simply the ability to process information in a different (possibly more complex) way than most people, this is a trait which can be taught (kind of - as someone needs to identify the type of process first - which means a 'natural' genius had to show the way). 'Natural Geniuses' being those (like this child) whose brains are naturally set up to function along such routes.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I was very excited when started to read this thread because surely humanity needs more prodigies, however I couldn't help but roll my eyes when watching the first video... Writing his calculations on a window? That's so "A Beautiful Mind" and is without a doubt just pure show, probably made by his parents. There's no practicity at all in doing that unless you just want to show off. Later on I got to read the note posted by SJE98 and something doesn't seem right:

"So, um, in the big-bang theory, what they do is, there is this big explosion and there is all this temperature going off and the temperature decreases really rapidly because it's really big. The other day I calculated, they have this period where they suppose the hydrogen and helium were created, and, um, I don't care about the hydrogen and helium, but I thought, wouldn't there have to be some sort of carbon? Otherwise, the carbon would have to be coming out of the stars and hence the Earth, made mostly of carbon, we wouldn't be here. So I calculated, the time it would take to create 2 percent of the carbon in the universe, it would actually have to be several micro-seconds. Or a couple of nano-seconds, or something like that. An extremely small period of time. Like faster than a snap. That isn't gonna happen."

"Because of that," he continued, "that means that the world would have never been created because none of the carbon would have been given 7 billion years to fuse together. We'd have to be 21 billion years old . . . and that would just screw everything up."

For starters is very hard to understand what he's saying, not because it's "out of our league" but because he doesn't express himself very good (especially for having such a high IQ). On top of that, even though he doesn't "care for hydrogen and helium" he should of know that carbon is based on helium so no, there was really no carbon during the explotion and neither on the early universe because of its temperature.

But this is the worst part: Earth is not made "mostly of carbon" and if he's so smart he should of know that. The earth's crust is mostly made of oxigen followed by silicon (carbon ranks very low on the list), while the Earth's core is mainly made of iron and nickel. This is common knowledge, I'm certainly no prodigy and I learnt it on high school.

So either this kid is an invention by his parents or he's really interested in science but he's not at the level of a genius as the media and his parents are claiming. Let's hope for the latter.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Radiobuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When I hear stories like this I get kind of frustrated for him. He has a wonderful gift, but at the end of the day he is still a kid, and children at his age have to go through the proper development like any other child so when they are adults they can function as proper as possible. Not cramming him into advanced studies and burning him out. Hopefully the parents understand this and will allow him to grow up as normal as possible while still allowing him to MAKE his own decision on what he would like to do at 18.

Now, if i had him in my possession, he would be my little brain child, locked in a room hooked up to machinery doing math calculations all day when I say.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Enve718 because: wrong word

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Interesting how many of these geniuses are diagnosed with certain types of medical conditions, such as notably autism, a neurological development disorder (same thing for Daniel Tammet and many other whiz kids).

It's almost like we're not necessarily talking bigger, better brains here, but some type of disorder that triggers a different way of using the brain.

It raises hopes for the rest of us, that there's a genius residing somewhere in a remote corner of our brain. Just a matter of using it.
edit on 25-3-2011 by Heliocentric because: Soft whispers of rain Trickle down from the heavens Calming my soul

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Most scientists don't like talk like that, so some may call that last statement wishful thinking

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join