It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in signals?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Do you believe in things happening as a signal from God or the universe as to what should be your course of action? As there are many things without reason, like many people we come across or certain unimportant things that can be ignored as well; do you perceive them as signs (maybe based upon whim or intuition) to do or decide something or just take things as they are explicitly and not decipher meanings or connections. I hope people understand what I am talking about...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah-Alright
Do you believe in things happening as a signal from God or the universe as to what should be your course of action? As there are many things without reason, like many people we come across or certain unimportant things that can be ignored as well; do you perceive them as signs (maybe based upon whim or intuition) to do or decide something or just take things as they are explicitly and not decipher meanings or connections. I hope people understand what I am talking about...

OMG do I ever...

The signs that are basically thrown in my face as of late after a situation are getting to be a little nuts. I dont know how to read them..I don't know what it means if anything but it feels like something is screaming at me but I don't know what.

So yes I do believe in signs, I just suck at interpretation

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Yeah-Alright

All the time. Some things are just either the most amazing coincidence ever, or (what I personally believe) a major sign.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kitkatcat

All the time. Some things are just either the most amazing coincidence ever, or (what I personally believe) a major sign.

Some believe there are no coincidences... Even the word suggests it.....co...incident

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yeah-Alright

I believe things happen and are going to happen we are here as a wildcard, we have choice.

our course of action can be guided I believe by our passed lives or maybe guides from the past.

I have felt this connection you speak of with complete strangers and I think what we need to focus on is not understanding the meaning or connection, but embracing it and understanding the feeling. its like breathing we are born knowing how but we still must practice breathing throughout our life

I could write a thread just on breathing and the many types.

I see connections more than signs most people just ignore the feeling because they are scared or don't understand it.
its sad some of the things ignored, something most important to me in this life is humanity and most people just ignore it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The problem with signs is, how do you know if they are a confirmation of the "rightness" of your action or intention, or a timely warning that you are heading along a harmful path?

I have found that signs occuring after I have already made a decision tend to be supportive, whereas signs occuring prior to making a decision or taking an action tend to be a warning.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Of course I believe in Signals.
After all he's one of my few friends here at ATS!
But I'm pretty sure he's not god....

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
For me it's not a matter of belief but fact. I am more often than not aware if particular indicators in this reality. Sometimes they are small syncs such as passing conversation, seeing specific but unexpected items or colours and series of alpha-numeric sequences repeatedly. Other times they are more visual such as noticing alot of dead animals like cats and birds or foxes in just one day than you would normally. Sounds too. I can usually hear and or feel changes of astral awareness if I am attacked or bothered by malevolent spirits/entities, such foolishness in even trying to harm me. I Thank the DARK GODDESS for what I have received.

In my dream state I am subjected to various future scenarios either on a personal level or to something more global and sometimes towards a specific persons whom that I will never see or meet.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
No, i don't believe in signals, only coincidences. It's a small world.

To have signals, we would need to be guided by a higher force. Are they lazy and incompetent? If they give you warnings, why not just stop the bad event from happening?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

To have signals, we would need to be guided by a higher force. Are they lazy and incompetent? If they give you warnings, why not just stop the bad event from happening?
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Why would the higher force need to stop it from happening if it put it in motion??

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

They do not intervene on this level because it would violate something commonly called freewill. Indications of what could be at any given moment are presented to us all the time, one just has to filter out the surrounding noise pollution to 'see' such things. The mind can be distracted by a turmoil of thousands of little things. lots of little things. little things. things.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
These perceived signals are manifestations of previous thoughts.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

Why would the higher force need to stop it from happening if it put it in motion??

So, something or some entity put in motion something really nasty to happen to you, then gave you warnings of it for you to take action? I'm not sure what you mean buddy.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

They do not intervene on this level because it would violate something commonly called freewill. Indications of what could be at any given moment are presented to us all the time, one just has to filter out the surrounding noise pollution to 'see' such things. The mind can be distracted by a turmoil of thousands of little things. lots of little things. little things. things.

But, by the butterfly effect, making you notice a possible event will change your behaviour, making you choose.

Therefore, by throwing in a hint or clue into your enviroment will indeed change reality.

If that clue only changes your own perception, why not alter the effect?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatewaywithin
These perceived signals are manifestations of previous thoughts.

Experience?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
nope, i believe in cause and effect, like ripples in a pond.

being aware of those interactions may be called responding to signals though.

it's pretty common between animal species, only humans seem numb or desensitized

out of tune

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Sometimes I do not. Chaos, my sirE has tricked me on more than one occassion. I can't be held responsible for bloody every probability my choices put forth. CHAOS is CHAOS. I am at times at its whim and times I am not. For the most part I just play with reality and see what happens. Good or bad. Its how I learn things. About the world, about myself and others. It's all chaos, fricking, chaos. THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT in my opinion is brilliant. Sorry if I ramble on but sirE gets me excited and makes me spin.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yeah thats exactly right. You may not understand the reason. But that something bad may make you stronger. Yopu may gain experience from it. To use maybe in a future event where others are scared and may not know what to do but you do.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Experience?

Yes, 40 years worth.
It's a well known fact, that thoughts become things.
You don't need to be a quantum physicist to comprehend it, a semi-decent memory will do.

How many times have you thought of someone and they call?
How many times have you asked yourself a question and it is quickly answered in some unorthodox way?

We are constantly creating our reality with every thought we think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join