It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't See It. Doesnt Mean It Isnt There.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There are many topics here on ATS, I mean really take your pick. From the most "normal" subject, to some of our infamous "crazier" topics. The opinions that we share here, are open to interpretation. One person can see the hidden "object" or "meaning" of a subject, while others will go one for pages, stating that they cant see it or dont understand why someone can be distorted, based on their analysis, or thinking.

Many of us here are aware that some people are better at a subject then others, and you know what thats ok. We are here to learn. If you care to share, then by all means, but to just down right say that something is in the imagination of another based on you not getting it, doesn't mean that the initial problem doesn't exist.

If I start a thread and someone is bombarding me with their opinion, I will go to their posts and see what they know. Maybe they can teach me something, and I am willing to learn. But to think that just because you dont get it, doesn't mean that your any less intelligent then another, just that maybe you haven't reached that level just yet.

There are some topics here that just cannot be denied. There are some that are just based on speculation, and some are just down right hoaxes. We as a group have to be willing to walk into territory that is forbidden, or different then many people that we know would not take seriously.

Before you dismiss someone, find out what they know, what made them come to the conclusion, and see or verify it for yourself. We all have the same tools to do 5 min worth of research. And if you dont want to do that... well then say your piece and move on with your life. I hate to see some of these issues get diluted with people that just refuse to "look it up".

If you think someone is a liar. Don't just call them a liar. Prove their a liar. You think someones info is wrong, dont say its wrong. Prove its wrong. I guarantee that if more people took this 3-5 min initiative that many discussions would be better based on the ideal of 2 individuals debate, everyone would learn, and it would be fair.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Knowing and learning from others is what will make us more aware of both the genuine and non. If we decide to listen instead of bicker we will win.

Peace, NRE.

join