It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members are being played like a fiddle... Dance! ATS Dance!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Explanation: St*rred!

I believe they are trying to give us enough "freedom" that we admit to our most intimate thoughts in public.

Transparency is MY SHIELD! Its hard and clear as a DIAMOND and yes it exposes my flaws!

Personal Disclosure: Without which I wouldn't SHINE! It takes an exposed defect to become SELF AWARE!

Thats my ends and I use ATS as the meens to achieve that. NWO be damned as I'm my own worst enemy.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImmortalIntegrity

Originally posted by Analyze76
reply to post by SLAYER69

You definately cancel yourself out of running for political office by posting here.

Headline
Candidate John Smith Believes In Aliens

your post--------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------

We need a president that believes in aliens.
but what side would he/she be on? The one side , is they need us for ? the other side is to warn us for the other. and yes the war is coming are you ready?
or are you going to sit on the "a" and just watch or will you do something, this is all part of the SN TPTB dis info take you eyes of one thing and get them focused on an other.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Even in the cacophony of multiple fiddles being played; the discerning ear can hear a sweet melody.
The tune of truth and honor even with the drumbeats of war and marching feet.

edit on 24-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

In thinking that we have to get any one version of the truth out, we restrict and corner ourselves into potentially serving any given agenda.

I like to think that ATS puts information forward, from multiple POV's, and then allows the reader to form their own conclusions. This is something that the MSM does not do. Here we can read posts from the pilot who dropped the bomb and from a guy who lives in the village that the bomb hit. We get the unadulterated, raw "skinny" from both. We then will get commentary from more neutral sources as well as research from a myriad of other perspectives.

It may leave some folks feeling unfulfilled - as they thought they might come to ATS and get some sort of ultimate truth and inside information. Cut and dry - black and white - without any room for question. Unfortunately the reality of truths is that few of them are universal.

I like that I can fall asleep, almost each and every night of my life, pondering what I've read on ATS, considering the divergent opinions and ideas, and having the freedom to craft and mold my own thoughts and beliefs based upon it all.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

I hope my posts and Slayer's posts are not viewed as ATS-bashing.

In fact, I am a member here, because the civility, articulation, and intelligence is astronomically higher than other similar websites. All of the opinions I have stated are problems in society as a whole. No doubt they manifest themselves on ATS, but I believe they are a symptom of a much larger problem in society.

These things occur, we know they occur, we are all guilty ourselves, and yet we can't find the solution? If Slayer is correct, we are a bunch of pinochios, fully conscious of ourselves, but unable to cut our own strings!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My feelings exactly.
However are many of us arguing a point of view because we truly think and know we are right or is it simply EGO?
This goes for all of us by the way.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm thinking that by saying," we're being played", makes it a bit to personal. Arn't they just playing human nature ?
I don't know.
edit on 24-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
However are many of us arguing a point of view because we truly think and know we are right

well sometimes we can read an article or a theory
and our buzzers go off and tells us immediately "BS".
in such cases, common sense prevails.

Not so easy to do in other threads.
therefore research is required.
And links or proof of your idea
is also a plus to help others make
up their mind.

In the end, we ourselves have to
determine what is right and what is wrong.
It's a judgment call, and your judgment may
differ from somebody else.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

Originally posted by ImmortalIntegrity

Originally posted by Analyze76

You definately cancel yourself out of running for political office by posting here.

Headline
Candidate John Smith Believes In Aliens

your post--------------------------------------------

We need a president that believes in aliens.
but what side would he/she be on? The one side , is they need us for ? the other side is to warn us for the other. and yes the war is coming are you ready?
or are you going to sit on the "a" and just watch or will you do something, this is all part of the SN TPTB dis info take you eyes of one thing and get them focused on an other.

I was hoping someone would bite
I know the answer for myself, but it's a question that goes unasked too often. Ill tell you this with all sincerity, if there is something sinister going on in our world, fear will hand our enemies the victory. I observed this site for many years before joining and we seem to be at some sort of pinnacle. People wake up to the truth every day, but you can't know the truth unless you know the lies.

link   
My friends, your clear-thinking rings true.

Even if we disagree on specifics, in the end, it has always been, and always will be, a matter of 'fundamentals' that defines the debate. The first is perception, the other is intent.

I am addressing those that have joined to conversation thus far, but not anyone specifically.

It seems clear that we all have (generally speaking) a common intent in participating in this exercise of dialog. We are not here to convince anyone of anything, we are not here to proselytize, or indoctrinate. At worst we can be said to tend towards pontification; but it appears we all lack affection for 'populism' and empty rhetoric. Further I might wager that we are all inclined to wince as we see clumsy opinion-making tactics being used by people who appear to believe no one is smart enough to see it. So I am very comfortable talking with all of you (when I should taking my 'lunch'
) knowing I can relax a bit and count on your ability to tease out my meaning when I run afoul of the verbosity police.

I know many people who believe that "keyboard chatter" won't get us anywhere... and that some form of direct action is the only way to engender change. I respectfully disagree. I think communication of the concept is more important than the urge to leap trusting that good intention is sufficient to guarantee honorable success.

So the analysis and dissection of what we are offered as news and information becomes crucial to the end goal of understanding how to proceed. Intelligence, in it's broadest sense, is the key. My belief in that maxim is reinforced by the self-evident way intelligence is diverted and obscured by those who would rather we didn't have it. I suspect whomever the gatekeepers are would be much happier if we were full-time readers of HotRod magazine, Playboy, and memorizers of professional sports statistics.

Because I believe that we are not subjected to the truth every time a polished talking head speaks, I am compelled to question, ask, discuss, and analyze. I am not so intelligent that I can guarantee I will figure it all out; but I am smart enough to know that it will never happen if I wait for someone else to do it for me and then tell me.

In the case of the Middle East.... I haven't found anyone who is comfortable with my take.

Namely, it is a distraction, it is theater. The people of the middle east are taking matters into their own hands. Once they began all out resistance to their government(s) they KNEW that it would be a struggle. But we are taking action as if they are 'victims' instead of the patriots they are trying to be. I remember following this closely... from the beginning.

The Libyan revolution was almost completely peaceful, until they were armed by defectors. The cynical side of me keeps insisting that this was made violent so violence against them could be justified. The errant Colonel G. has dutifully played a role in global distraction before... more than once. But our esteemed peddlers of information keep pumping irrelevancies and half-truths into the minds of the people, most of whom never heard of him before last month.

We are there for reasons that are anything BUT what we are being sold.

The prevalence of exchanges on ATS which are replete with the populist garbage from the MSM are simply noise in most cases, in others these are members subconsciously begging to understand why even they don't quite accept the smell of what they are shoveling.

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

My feelings exactly.
However are many of us arguing a point of view because we truly think and know we are right or is it simply EGO?
This goes for all of us by the way.

EGO obviously plays a large role in it, you would remain a lurker, if your ego didn't get the better of you. You lurk, then start to think you have something important to add to the debate so you join up as a member and give your opinion. I like to think Im right even if I m not the best at articulating my point, but am happy to say I have been proved wrong on ATS many times, I just dont like to admit it in the thread (shows signs of weakness:lol

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Wow bro, were you saving that up for when slayer posted his next thread? LOL Copy than paste? You sure do have a way with words.
The significance of this thread extends beyond forming an educated opinion all the way to questioning what you already believe to be true, myself included. If you want to know if the masons are some evil cult, join the masons instead of going to youtube.
edit on 24-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: seriously

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Very well put.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Juston

I hope my posts and Slayer's posts are not viewed as ATS-bashing.

Of course not, and I hope that mine do not seem that way either.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
In fact, I am a member here, because the civility, articulation, and intelligence is astronomically higher than other similar websites.

As am I, and it's why I still come here every day. However, civility, articulation and intelligence seems to be rare now, rather than the norm. But you know, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.

Anywho, it often appears to me that some members seem to be pushing their own personal agendas (nefarious or otherwise) with their ideals becoming the center of attention, debate, ridicule...whatever, thus having the potential of taking away from more rewarding discussions.

And yes, everyone is guilty of many of the things being discussed throughout the thread, but some just take it to such an extreme.

And I gotta ask, what is their goal?

Is this all coming down to ego?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

Well thats the hard part aint it! What do you take as truth.The media will only say so much,and that has a slant on it.The use of reporting to sway opinion,this in turn reflects on the boards as people make their opinions on what they consider truth.
I agree with slayer,a lot of Dancing going on.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Unfortunately folks, conspiracy theorists are easily led, or mislead I should say. Distracted might be a better word.

Considering our quest for truth takes us to the other side and back, with everybody else attempting to smear the truth with a web of lies, it's understandable that we would be pushed or pulled into these sorts of single events and lose focus on the big picture.

It's these sorts of conversations, and "wake up calls" that bring us back from that, give us perspective and allow us to clear our heads and make informed decisions.

I do have to say though, that without analysing and having some people present the propaganda to us, there would be no way to counter it with intelligent discussion. Even if we have 30 threads a day that don't "Deny Ignorance", there will be at least 1 member (such as yourself slayer) in each of those threads that will have insightful, meaningful and intelligent opinion that will sway minds.

That's all ATS can hope for, that every day, in every conversation, we educate ourselves a little more about the truth.

~Keeper
edit on 3/24/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think thats what makes ATS great.So many members that can sort through the bs,so we can at least find an element of truth about current issues.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is our nature to be intrigued and think for ourselves, this is being used against us I'm afraid. We know everything we need to know already, we just need a good plan. I feel as if the time for searching has ceased. We need to get organized, and it better be fast, but it wont do any good to smear our plan all over the internet either.
edit on 24-3-2011 by ImmortalIntegrity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
And I gotta ask, what is their goal?

Is this all coming down to ego?

My main goal is to obtain a higher understanding of any situation. I don't always accomplish this but I try. I'll read and star an opposing view if it is well thought out and makes me question my stance or opinions.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, for what it is worth, yes I have noticed it. But at the same time, I don't think it is anything new. When it comes to politics... Especially controversial topics within politics, stuff like this happens.

Claims and counter claims. Personal attacks and counter personal attacks...

It seems no one is capable of discussing such things all that civilly... Well, I say no one. There are plenty of people who are... But those people are hesitant to get involved in such discussions because they are often really ugly....

The most we can really do is try to be an example. Post our opinion, intelligently and civilly. If some one responds to you with a retort, attacking or not, reply back, defending your position, in a civil and intelligent manner as always.

Don't allow yourself to sink to that level... In this way you will help to deny ignorance, and hope that others decide to follow your example, and do the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join