It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sitchin summarized...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone's ever read Sitchin' Earth Chronicles about the alien civilization that created humans, but it's pretty dry reading. I found a website where they've been summarized. It's pretty interesting but I would take it with a grain of salt.

www.karenlyster.com...

Viracocha

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I wouldn't call his books dry reading... for me, his best work was probably Genesis Revisited... on the flip side, his book Cosmic Code was rather difficult to follow; it seemed to jumbled.

But I shall check the link anyway; I am probably one of the few ATS members who actually likes what the man says, and thinks that he does have some pretty good basis for his ideas.

Not all ideas... just some...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I haven't been her a whole long time, so I don't really know the general consensus of Stitchen.....but I too like what he says....I have read all the books, and though I don't agree with it all, I do agree with much of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have read the cosmic code and the book is very intriguing I though more of a fantasy but the things he talks about and the research seem very real.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Like with all people that deal with controversial subjects like he does, theres things that ring true, and theres things that ring false or at least far fetched.
Noone is always right or always wrong ya know.

With him however, I've read alot of his research and 3 of his books and he's well sourced and does rather solid research, if the missing link we are still searching for, is found to be non natural, my bet would go for the annunaki story to be what really happend.

Even if hes reading things that aren't there, you still have to respect the man for the skills and knowledge he has.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I don't want to sound crazy but I do believe we were tampered in some way by a higher being. be a creator aliens or else.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I don't want to sound crazy but I do believe we were tampered in some way by a higher being. be a creator aliens or else.

That doesn't sound crazy at all to me. Science can't explain how we came to be what we were either. Mainly because they don't want to research or accept the posibility that we were 'helped' along the way, at least not untill its right in everyones faces.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i pretty much lean towards the sumerian creation epic. it makes way more logical sense to me, than say, the biblical rendition.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Any chance you could go into some detail for those of us who aren't well versed in Sumerian mythology? All I really know is that some of the Old Testament appears to have been borrowed from the Sumerians, so I'm surprised the two are being contrasted in this way.

As for opinions on creation, I can't really say that any of them "make more sense" according to my reasoning. The common thread in all creation theories that I am aware of is that they all believe in at least one of two things- 1. Something that always was, without beginning. 2. A spontaneous start.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've been wanting to read his books for awhile now, but never have found the time to. Do you reccommend one that I should start out on?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Start with book number 1

It's called "The Twelfth Planet".

I have read sites that try to debunk Sitchin but they seemed to be very unconvincing indeed based on personal opinion rather than facts.

I believe Sitchin until he gets decently debunked

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So far I've read the first 3 books, I did find them pretty long-winded, though initially fascinating and involving.

The Planet X theory is the hardest part to swallow, it's pretty confusing to slot together and remember.

Maybe it won't return, maybe it was destroyed in a collision, or sent of hurtling into space after the collision that left the asteroid belt between Mars and Earth?

I do think the stuff about the Annunaki/Nephilim seeding the human race through genetics is a great theory, and one that seems to give me most resolve.

There are so many similar, cross-linking, related theories though, it's like piecing together a giant jig-saw in the dark, and some pieces are real, and others are fake, and there's no way of knowing because no-one will turn on the frickin' light switch!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I really appreciate the link...I've wanted to read the whole story/theory but I find his writing a bit awkward & long-winded. The summary provided in the link is great.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's been a year or two since I read the first 3 books, there are a few things that I wasn't clear about after reading this summary:

Firstly, was Marduk inhabited at the time of the crash? Without getting out the 12th Planet and looking it up, the website says Tiamat was seeded with "proto-life" from Marduk, but later says Marduk was inhabited with intelligent beings.

If Marduk was inhabited, what sort of destruction would have occured to the geography and life on the planet?

If Tiamat was smashed in half, half becoming the asteroid belt, half becoming Earth, how did Earth regain it's spherical shape? Or is the shape of the Earth really a sphere? I wonder if there are any images of what Earth looks like if it had all the water drained?

The theory goes Marduk comes from another star system, I wonder what this star system could be? Orion?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I liked the Sitchin books, don't get me wrong. I just like to keep my options open. One thing I've always found that is interesting though is that when you talk to someone about Sitchin's theory some people will look at you like you're insane. But at the same time the whole thing about Jesus and his resurrection seem to be perfectly acceptable. This mindset just irritates because I believe its responsible for so much of the disinformation people have. Sorry if this seems a little scattered, i'm on the phone doing tech support at the moment. I'm sure I'll be back to edit this later.

This post may have belonged in a different thread, if so, sorry.

Viracocha

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Viracocha]

[edit on 27-7-2004 by Viracocha]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Viracocha, I see your point.

I think the fact that here in the West, our culture is steeped in Christianity, even if we don't grow up in a Christian household, we all know the basics of Christianity, and our cultural and societal beliefs and notions of what God is, is completely shaped by Christianity.

I know many people who are not Christians, they reject Christianity, and don't believe in God - yet they believe firmly that Jesus was a factual, historical figure.

These Sumerian tablets/documents, I'm no expert, but they are some of the oldest texts ever discovered - yet they are "myths", where as the Bible is taken as our factual history - Adam & Eve, Noah, Moses etc, etc.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
thanks for the link! Here is a 6 year old page that still holds up and the comments were awesome and i learned a bit about a few topics.. i have listened to one of his audio books and it was pretty mind blowing. I had to keep rewinding. I need to read the books now, i have a few of them lying around.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
It's been a year or two since I read the first 3 books, there are a few things that I wasn't clear about after reading this summary:

Firstly, was Marduk inhabited at the time of the crash? Without getting out the 12th Planet and looking it up, the website says Tiamat was seeded with "proto-life" from Marduk, but later says Marduk was inhabited with intelligent beings.

If Marduk was inhabited, what sort of destruction would have occured to the geography and life on the planet?

If Tiamat was smashed in half, half becoming the asteroid belt, half becoming Earth, how did Earth regain it's spherical shape? Or is the shape of the Earth really a sphere? I wonder if there are any images of what Earth looks like if it had all the water drained?

The theory goes Marduk comes from another star system, I wonder what this star system could be? Orion?

I've just finished the 12th Planet, and this is what I believe are the answers to your questions.

#1: No, the Anunnaki did not yet exist at the time that Marduk crashed into Tiamat, which happened shortly after the formation of the planets.

#2: The half of Tiamat that became Earth was smashed into a spherical shape by gravity, which happens to all stellar objects of a high enough mass.

#3: The "proto-life" that was transferred to Earth was not complex life-forms, more likely it was very simplistic single-celled organisms that eventually developed into more complex creatures.

After reading "Dark Star" by Andy Lloyd, I tend towards the opinion that the Nefilim do not actually live on Marduk, rather it is a brown dwarf star and they actually live on a moon that orbits it, and THAT is the "planet of the crossing", Nibiru. I believe that Marduk is on its way back to us, and that the Anunnaki will return to check in on us. I'm afraid that they will probably be disappointed. Perhaps they will set us straight.

new topics

top topics

join