It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: 100% Increase In Pot Use

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soul Reaper
Laziness is attributed to people not pot. Pot will make you tired
and weak if you do not take vitamins and plenty of WATER.
Otherwise it makes you think "outta the box" and increases
creativity.

The reason that pot, weed, marijuana has been forbidden is because
big business can not patent something natural. Before it became
illegal, hemp was used in everything from clothes to motor oil!
Get rid of cheap clothes, medicine, paper etc., so big business
can get bigger.

i just love these people who have pot smoking down to a science.if you need pot to think out of the box,you couldent have been too smart to begin with!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
look at you all bickering like children over this topic.
When it's plain to see the governments around the world have calabraited togeather to line their own pockets. There is no real reason for the goverment to ban such a usefull plant.
A health hazard i hear you all scream, well now if you all hate pepole who smoke a bit of weed let them slowly kill themselves why should you all care.
I've been smoking pot for 15yrs and let me tell you yes it is very bad for your general health.
there are not many day's i feel as if i couln't be bothered but i still get on with what i have to do.
and as for pepole who are on the big medicinal hype have you noticed that cannabis seems to be a magical cure for everything from m.s. to back pain.
at the end of the day if ya don't smoke it let pot heads fry thier lungs & if ya do smoke it keep it to yourself. Trust me use this stuff long enough and it ends up like nicotine. you won't get stonned but you will crave the stuff just like you would crave for nicotine.
my main advice is to you all is get a bag of seed and throw the stuff every where just think you could call yoursef johnny mully seed and overgrow the government!!
JUST DON'T BUY IT. cause it will ruin your life and make the rich richer.
as if there isn't already a global market for cannabis that the governments do very well out of. It would be stupid for them to leagalise cannabis the amount of money governments would lose just in fines alone would be huge and not to mention the man power that would be lost in the prison systems (most prisoners do work).
so you see guys there is a whole lot of reasons why they won't leagalise it so stop whining at each other.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Pot and other DRUGS are very bad and need to be given harsher punishments. The government is protecting its citizens from morons who will hurt themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
come on now enough with the name calling it is a very low form of wit.
you said "the government is protecting YOU from MORONS who want to hurt THEMSELVES" sorry i'm a bit confused who needs the protection??
these so called morons are hurting themselves your own words so tell me what is there to be afraid of.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
One would think that the staff of ATS have a pretty good idea who participates in illegal activities (the U.S.). What about the policy? If you want to talk drugs, you need to talk it some where else. JMO.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
ATS Terms & Conditions
16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

last warning or the threads locked,

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
you know what i think , i think who cares ..............if you want to do it thats your body, your problem. who gives a #. two sides to every story. but not drugs... (weed)

1.) people hate drugs 50%
2.) people like drugs 25% *usa stats.*
3.) people say they hate it but like it 25%

our whole country is messed up. some one needs to do something unlike bush. sending us to a war we did'nt even start. bring them home!

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Greetings all,

Just had to reply to this thread. I live up here in the great white north. And will admit I am for "decriminalization" of cannabis. Myself I am legally allowed to smoke it and I thank god we introduced that legislation here.

I suffer from chronic pain and Ashburgers autism, and I find that it really does help me with both. I am not stupid, nor do I sell it or sit on the couch all day. Nor does it make me think that cat litter is crunchy and a cure for the "munchies"

Yes pot is a drug and has side effect, It affects short term and long term memory and does give ya the munchies and can make you paranoid. we all know this. But like any other drug it affect each person diffrently. But as an intelligent human being capable of makeing my own decisions. Should I not be able to decide for myself? Just what I want to inbide into myself?

If I want to drink, smoke and do drug that is my choice, no one elses. So naysay, flame, and moan all you wish to. Not gonna change my mind.

I say "Way to go" to our leaders for reintroduceing the decriminalization legislation and I hope it gets passed. If we were smart we would legalize it and tax it to releive our national debt and add money into our failing education and medical systems. It worked in Amsterdam. Now I am not saying it would not have it's problems. But if we did what they are thinking of doing and made it for "citzens" only then it might work out well.

Yes it is a gray area and a sensative issue. But drug have always had a bad rep, some of it deserved. But as an intelligent human being, it should be our choice to decide. Not our goverments to decide.

Ok ranted enough, Merry Christmas to you all, and peace and good will.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join