It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals acting strangely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ok, first off this is about housecats - so despite the fact that "strange" behavior is quite the norm for them, this goes a little further.
The first cat acting strange is a 4 to 5 year old neutered tom that "adopted" us sometime around Oct of last year.
We fed him, took him to the vet - never any problems with this cat. Very gentle natured & loving - never prone to freaking out or even moving very fast at all.
For about the 100th time (or more) he had come in to eat (this was thurs/fri last week) and was about ready to go outside. I picked him up to carry him to the door (he weighs like 15 lbs) and in the process of setting him down at the door the cat went absolutely postal. He acted as if I were setting him down into a kennel of barking dogs - he shredded my wrist, and both thighs before he hit the floor and bounced off of several shelves before embedding himself in behind some metal shelves & boxes. He hissed. He yowled strangely, almost screaming like. I finally shooed him out the door where he vanished into the night. Now - he won't let anyone approach him. He's suddenly scared of everything.
Next cat - one we keep indoors. This one is maybe 6 months old - white cat - two diff colored eyes & deaf as a post. She's a typical playful kitten that likes to cuddle - and is extremely sensitive to visual stimulation and also vibrations since she's deaf. We usually "call" her by bumping on the floor. This morning, she's tearing through the house screaming like her fur was on fire - twitching her ears around like she can hear something...won't play, won't even settle down. She'll let you hold her, but she's constantly looking around like she's looking for something. If you put her down, she goes and hides...then she'll suddenly jump up like she's being summoned and run into another room where she'll crouch down & look around. This cat can't hear at all. We've tested her with police whistles, alarms, car horns, air horns - she'll sleep right through it.
Is there some sort of seismic activity going on in central FL? What would make them suddenly act like this?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Cats are supersentive to high EMF waves...cats have been known to act strange before things such as earthquakes, and the same for dogs.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
Ok, first off this is about housecats - so despite the fact that "strange" behavior is quite the norm for them, this goes a little further.
The first cat acting strange is a 4 to 5 year old neutered tom that "adopted" us sometime around Oct of last year.
We fed him, took him to the vet - never any problems with this cat. Very gentle natured & loving - never prone to freaking out or even moving very fast at all.
For about the 100th time (or more) he had come in to eat (this was thurs/fri last week) and was about ready to go outside. I picked him up to carry him to the door (he weighs like 15 lbs) and in the process of setting him down at the door the cat went absolutely postal. He acted as if I were setting him down into a kennel of barking dogs - he shredded my wrist, and both thighs before he hit the floor and bounced off of several shelves before embedding himself in behind some metal shelves & boxes. He hissed. He yowled strangely, almost screaming like. I finally shooed him out the door where he vanished into the night. Now - he won't let anyone approach him. He's suddenly scared of everything.
Next cat - one we keep indoors. This one is maybe 6 months old - white cat - two diff colored eyes & deaf as a post. She's a typical playful kitten that likes to cuddle - and is extremely sensitive to visual stimulation and also vibrations since she's deaf. We usually "call" her by bumping on the floor. This morning, she's tearing through the house screaming like her fur was on fire - twitching her ears around like she can hear something...won't play, won't even settle down. She'll let you hold her, but she's constantly looking around like she's looking for something. If you put her down, she goes and hides...then she'll suddenly jump up like she's being summoned and run into another room where she'll crouch down & look around. This cat can't hear at all. We've tested her with police whistles, alarms, car horns, air horns - she'll sleep right through it.
Is there some sort of seismic activity going on in central FL? What would make them suddenly act like this?

Definately odd behaviour ... whereabouts do you live (country / state / county etc) ?

Woody

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

well I wouldn't be surprised as the seismic server is acting up today..on a global scale. Pray its nothing worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Our tom cat has been acting strangely also..... running into the door when we let him out like he cannot get out fast enough... Usually he loves to stay in but for the last couple of days it is only in to eat then practically kills himself getting back out... strange indeed...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I know my cat has flipped out based on scent, maybe he smelled somethin that triggered the hulk

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
First of all the most important question has the outside cat come back yet :-x

Yes cats will act odd to things that we can't sense, they are much closer to nature then we are - hopefully nothing comes of it though

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i live close to CA on the san andreas fault and my cat ran away and he never did that before.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5
He cant tun away twice

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I know there was recently a 7 mag. quake in Myanmar, I believe. Possible something else is shaking loose or they're just picking up on the seismos from this echoing around the planet.

Otherwise I'm also a firm believer that animals are in-tune with some paranormal phenomena ('ghosts', shadow people, demonic activity, etc.) so they could be picking up on something like that, but this doesn't sound all that directed. I'd say likely related to the big quake or something else moving around that they're sensing.

Good luck, hope they calm down and everything's all right otherwise for you!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

My first post and I understand you are in central FL. There was a link to some info in another thread that may explain. Seems as though FL is under a xenon cloud at the present. Scroll down the page of link and watch the two videos on the right side of page.

enenews.com... ivity

ATempestTX

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Update: as of 12:45 - white cat seems to be back pretty much to normal.

Whatever happened was between 7:15am & 11am in central florida.

Outside cat was seen this morning but as of now is MIA.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I would be interested to know if others in your area are noticing the same things with their pets, is there any that you could ask? after all North Korea has told their people to keep a watch on strange animal behavior as indictors for earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

Here is a site that may help with coordinating pet behavior and earthquakes:
petquake.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
We have a chubby house cat, in the summer he sometimes hovers by the screen door and if you open it for him he will go out about three feet to sniff the grass. If you call his name he immediately comes back into house.
This morning at about 5:30am est my daughter opened the door to go to work and the cat shot out the door like he was propelled by a rocket. There are about four inches of fresh snow on the ground which makes it even more bizarre. She ran out to get him and as soon as she put him down, boom, he was gone again. He's back inside now but he has been hiding ever since.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I'm very curious about the locations of everyone posting on this thread that is experiencing odd cat behavior. I have a large cat family and live near the New Madrid fault. Most of my cats are acting pretty normal and have been enjoying the spring weather, but one, an outdoor stray that adopted me last year, has been wanting to desperatly come inside. Don't know whether she feels like it's about time we let her in with the other cats, or if there is something outside upsetting her (just to add that she has a warm heated covered shelter on our back porch for herself outside, in case anyone thinks I'm not a nice cat lady, lol). I will continue to observe her though, and watch the USGS and helicorders for activity.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I had a 1.3 earthquake hit us here last night in S/E Connecticut. Epicenter was 4.5 miles from our house. Our Miniature Australian Shepperd was clingy and shaking like crazy last night. Couldn't figure out why until I saw the quake info around 5:00 tonight and put 2+2 together. So apparently at least one of our 4 dogs is sensitive to this. I'll being paying more attention to my surroundings next time she behaves this way.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by holtdani

oh no don´t worry he didn´t "tun" and i know you tried to be all smart ass but a cat can leave for weeks or months or even more and then come back, if you can´t understand that my cat never did that before then im really sorry for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

lol @ her adopting you. : )

Any of you living on the west and experiencing weird cat behaviour, see if you can find any ants outside and if they behave differently.

Check out ''ants nature's secret power'' (youtube 55min) if you know nothing about them.
edit on 24-3-2011 by BcnDiamond because: (no reason given)

top topics

join