It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Any Christians Frightened By What Is Happening In The World?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

The media really is the new world order. Right now as of 11/7/2016. Tonight is going to be a historic purge night, says Jim Cramer. There is not going to be gridlock as Kelly evans says—There is going to be a purge of christians and—that’s it! Or as bugs bunny says that’s all folks. We can produce a chair in twenty two seconds says Herman Miller. Hey good. And Vince Vaughn says boring, but ok. Why is a loving family and friends boring?? Because the government and the New World Order wants to break apart friends and family. This is part of the purge. It is part of the drones. Yeah I should tell Vince Vaughn that I am thankful for the drones. That shouldn’t be boring.
I know that you don’t get into the news and the chaos in the world.
I did not know that the great thinker Socrates was also put to death. Can we trust a government that is by and for the people? Or do we trust in the trumpets. Do we believe in a four horseman deal.
What is black magic, asks George Noory. It’s in their DNA, says Mark Schwabero.
Cops are going to be set up, says Chris Matthews. So there is a contract from hell. With the DNA sampling to go with it. Satan is definitely revving up his engines.
Zaphod get lost.

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OldCorp

You claim that Christs return is imminent without evidence. I can assure you that we are not anywhere near close to his return. If you have mixed emotions about the last days, then how can you claim his return is "imminent"? If you really believe that you are saved and that his return is imminent, your emotions would be on the straight and narrow path, not "mixed" and out of order. I have no reason to be frightened about the last days for a lot of reasons. For one, the "last days" ain't here yet so it really isn't something to be frightened about. If I'm "frightened" about anything right now, its having to pay through the nose for health insurance just to keep my doctor. I've studied prophecy extensive enough and researched the real powers behind the thrones of governments enough to have 90% assurance that Christs return isn't "imminent". Lots of things will have to happen before the Day of the Lord occurs.

As of right now, I believe we are in the time period of what Jesus referred to as "the beginning of sorrows". This is the time where we shall hear of wars and rumors of wars, with the rise false Christs and prophets. There shall be earthquakes in diverse places and all kinds of natural disasters. Persecution will be wide spread, and while all this is happening, it says that the gospel will be spread to all nations. But the part you are missing is that Jesus Christ stated that "the end is not yet". The end comes when the Antichrist, the "abomination of desolation" sits in the temple and declares himself to be God, starting the "great tribulation". I believe that we are far from this occurring. If you are worried about being "lukewarm", don't. Just stay focused on the lord, pray without ceasing, and study the word as well as the enemy and his devises so that you can stand approved before God so that he can use you in the way he see's fit when its your time, and that's if you want to believe that he isn't using you now.
edit on 24-11-2016 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Everyone on this thread will be long dead and gone before the second coming of Christ.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
reply to post by adjensen

I'm not a dispensationalist, so I don't have that "out" of their anticipated Rapture. With that in mind, if these are the end times, that would make me a bit nervous, because by all accounts, it's going to suck, big time, for anyone that goes through it.

And the alien presence was targeting them. There was a lot going on in the dream. I don’t remember most of it. The churches that I saw were both red like the red velvet on the Bishop’s bible on this show. The one church the church that was for everyone being “one” was red. The church was ugly. A very large church. Kind of a corporate structure looking church. Similar to that ugly high school I saw in Forney. The other church was a cathedral and it was much more nicer looking. It actually looked just like the old abandoned carnival building in carnival of souls. Or like the trip to the moon ride back in the 1940s. Except with domes like you would see on a cathedral. And that cathedral was on a hill but on a flat part of the hill right in front of the ugly corporate church. And I remember the black guy on a bicycle who seemed like a TD jakes wannabee saying that we are all one. And come to my church meaning the ugly corporate church. I think the black guy said his name was Cunningham. And I said no. And I thought that the catholics had it more right. They don’t say that we are all one. I know they don’t believe that. That would be like the Ceo of Chlorox company saying that all of his trash bags are the same quality all trash bags are one. Or that all trash bags are one the same quality then what is the point of having companies like his selling them. The future being torn apart..Being cheap. lol

The wheels on Ezekial’s machine are falling off. Kind of stucco. Or is it bad?? So.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

When you apply for a job Oldcorp do you put down worked on the show cheaters as a reference? That is the cheaters world. It’s a fake world.
Hey autowrench have you ever heard the saying, he who felt it dealt it? What are you doing besides dealing it? You are a dealer.
Hey John the Baptist ate locusts and honey.
Hey Autowrench are you having the evening shade dreams?
The grid would go down almost at once. Planes would drop down out of the sky, says William Forsten.
You better get ready, says Cornelius in Alexandria Louisiana.
Hey autowrench do you understand why all the wild boar are buried? Do you want the spiffy version of America?
Well remember all those people on the roofs in New Orleans, says William Forsten.
Yeah I remember. I know that they weren’t making pow wow selfies with firewood.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OldCorp

Thank you for not calling me a nutjob.

Unfortunately, according to scripture, even the most moral and upright person is damned unless they acknowledge Christ as Lord and begs forgiveness.

I do have a theory, but it is ONLY a theory:

When Christ descended onto Gehenna (Hades, which btw is NOT Hell) He preached His Father's Word to those who had died before they had a chance to hear it. He rescued those souls which turned to Him and they were taken to Heaven, emptying Hades/Gehenna. Since that time, obviously, more people have died without hearing His Word.

It is my fervent hope that that BEFORE the final White Throne Judgment, those who have not heard of Jesus Christ - or have heard a twisted version like Westboro Baptist or Jim Jones, etc. - will be given the opportunity to accept Christ as their Savior. After all, the Bible clearly states that Hell was created for the Devil and his angels and NOT for people.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of a loving God who would send the souls of His children to Hell to be tortured for eternity simply because they never heard His Word the way it was meant to be preached. That concept goes against the character of God, who sent His Son - part of Himself - in order to save as many as possible.

I'm hoping that EVERYONE will get a chance to hear God's Word from His OWN LIPS before they are judged.

How lovely. Praise and worship me or suffer for all eternity!

What a sick , vile entity your God is.
Even if I did believe in God I would never ever praise or worship such a petty, childish, jealous, violent ....thing.

Just awful. Worship me or else...wtf??

And if it happens God does exist, before he judges me for eating fish in a Friday or whatever idiotic rule I broke...I'll demand a few answers from HIM. Like why he created cancer and let innocent kids get it? They went to heaven so it ok they suffered horribly! Religion is just absolute vile filth.

The fact that grown ups in this thread are actually scared they are going to be judged unfavourably and go to hell is both laughable and wry very sad that your minds have been poisoned to this extent.

You all have nothing to fear. It's your God who should be jusged. He is utterly repellant.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I for one am, at the very least, apprehensive about the IMMINENT return of Jesus Christ.

That has been believed since Jesus died in 1st century AD.

He is not even provable as real, I think he is happy in heaven and Apocalypse is not relevant to the day as it is a book about the first century and allegorical and metaphorical in nature.

Its revelations are about the first century, it is not a prophecy of the end of the world which Jesus does not know when will happen.

"Only the Father knows... "

And you think YOU do?

I love my Savior, and I'll never deny that - NEVER. I believe that Jesus Christ willingly gave Himself up to be tortured and crucified to pay the price for my sins,

Not according to Jesus, that was "theology '' invented by Paul and adopted only after Jesus failed to return and save Israel.

BY THE ROMANS.

Nazarenes tried to kill Paul who was rescued by Rome. In Acts.

And metaphorically as they did not follow the false gospel of grace but The Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Yeshua the Nazarene.

They rejected Paul and his epistles, fyi, do your homework before believing something with no proof that Jesus was against.

Jesus was Torah observant as were the apostles and never voided Mosaic law, so he didn't say he did or actually die for your sins.

Which are your responsibility, not his or God's and just being a Christian and saying he is your savior doesn't cover your sins or anyone's.

Repentance is the remedy for sin, not taking oaths of allegiance to a creed invented by someone who never spoke to Jesus.

and the sins of everyone who is willing to call on His name.

You mean everyone who is a Pauline Christian.

Hindus and Buddhists, Muslims, Jews, Parsees... good people with no chance of going to heaven because they are not Christians?

Xenophobia is the kryptonite of Christianity and turns you all into creedists, religions racism.

Even the Quran guarantees Christians, Jews and Sabaens a place in paradise as equals with nothing to fear on Judgment Day.

Why even Catholics say all religious people who are sincere will go to heaven.

Why are you stuck in the dark ages?

"The wages of sin is death," the Bible tells us, and Christ paid those wages for us. I believe that He was entombed, that His spirit spent three days preaching His Father's gospel to those in Gehenna who had died before He was crucified, and rescued the souls there. I believe that He was resurrected and ascended into Heaven to be at the right hand of His Father, where He is currently.

I also believe that we are living in the VERY LAST DAYS before Christ returns. And I'm uneasy about it.

You believe you know more than Christ does?

He doesn't know the end times generation only God does, according to Jesus.

I try to live for the Lord, but still I'm worried that I won't measure up. I'm a sinner. I know this; there are still aspects of my life that I'm endeavoring to change in order to become more "Christ-like," but I'm having a difficult time conforming to a more "perfect" lifestyle that I KNOW would please God. I also worry for the people I love - and yes, for the unsaved as well. SO MANY will die without being saved, and that just breaks my heart.

I could go on for a long time about everything I worry about in connection with TEOTWAWKI, but I'll spare you most of it. On the one hand, I'm relieved and praising God that He is about to fulfill all of His promises; but on the other hand, I'm still a bit apprehensive, frightened, or scared - pick your descriptor - that I will be found lacking. I don't want to be a "Lukewarm" Christian who is "Spewed."

I am just curious if any other Christians also have mixed emotions.

Atheists: If you want to contribute, please feel free to do so; but if your only input has to do with how "crazy" I am, or how believing in an "invisible Jewish zombie" is a mental illness, I'd appreciate it if you just kept that to yourself and kept walking.

I'm not atheist and am a disciple of the Messiah but I think you don't know much about the Bible or Christianity, how corrupt it is and always will be.

And you are crazy if you think that even though Jesus doesn't know when the last days are you do, you WANT it to be the last days thinking for no reason that THIS generation IS.

That is what makes you crazy, not your religion but lack of knowledge of the Bible and thinking that the end of days is now, like so many generations of crazy people before you.

Every generation since Jesus thought so too.

Mods: I don't know if this is the correct forum. I chose it because it relates to prophecy, but the same case could be made for the 2012 forum, and a couple of others besides "Conspiracy in Religion." If you need to move it, please feel free to do so..

It's theology so I would say you are in the right place.

You will die before the world ends.
edit on 11-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

I'm touched you felt the need to include the entire "conversation". (It was His prayer to the Father actually...)

But what I said still is accurate. Jesus only prays for the sheep, not the world. He specifically says He does NOT pray for the world, but for His sheep only.

Again, you might understand what is said if you read the whole story instead of choosing from your ready made list of "I am special" quotes.

I'm hardly "special", just one beggar trying to show other beggars where to find bread. I'm not gifted in any way, I didn't choose Christ on my own reasoning, He chose me.

"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you." John 15:16

Which is what happens when people do not believe Christ when he says later to keep the commandments, give your money to the poor, pick up your cross and follow me etc.

He is laying out the conditions of being his follower here. The teachings come later.

And who here is teaching we should not follow Christ's commandments??????

All that the father gives him, he will take. The father sent him and so shall the father decide who follows him. Everyone who sees the Son and BELIEVES him may have everlasting life. Believing him is a pretty big deal.

You're preaching to the choir....

Again, no man can come to Christ except the father drawing him to him.

Duh...

See, even in the beginning he separated the wheat from the chaff. You either believe his words, or you do not.

Still preaching to the choir....

Keep his commandments or do not. I do not care my friend. I am not planting seeds, I am looking for those who have already grown. That is who I want to be around in the days ahead. Those who love one another and will help each other through it.

Again, who is claiming that we should not do what Christ asks of us????

Not those who will look down their noses at others and declare their own salvation because they believe in a name, but not in doing what that name asked.

What did the thief on the cross say to Christ to be saved?

1: He acknowledged Christ was Lord.
2. He asked Christ to remember him when He entered His kingdom.

That's pretty simple. God is not a respecter of persons remember. What He required for the thief is what He requires from all of us. "Sanctification" and "Salvation" are two entirely different things.

You are the most typical Christian.

You are right, you are a zealot who thinks his religion is the only one God cares about, only Christians get to heaven.

Elitist spirituality is for the naive and insecure who need to be the chosen ones.

No such thing exists and Hitler thought just like you.

Actions aside, you are not much different from Hitler.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Show me any scripture with Peter saying there will be a rapture.

That is Paul, the enemy of the apostles, who concocted that false prophecy.

It's what false prophets do.

Go with Joshua the Messiah, Jacob his brother and successor and the head of the Nazarenes, who along with the Ebionites rejected Paul.

I will be glad to show you the first Jewish Christians were Nazarenes and Ebionites and that despite the Nazarenes not being mentioned until after Nicea by the Latin Church the Ebionites were mentioned by Iraneus and were a brother sect of the Nazarenes, lived in the same places and used the same scripture, shared the same beliefs.

And were declared heretics by people who were converts to Pauline Christianity.

History is just as important as religion and shows how hypocritical the Church that gave you your scriptures IN GREEK not Hebrew, and not faithful to the Hebrew Gospels adding and editing whatever they wanted to before persecuting out of existence all non Catholic Orthodox disciples of Yeshua the Nazarene.

Including the Nazarenes who obviously were the first to follow Yehoshua, not heretical imposters.

You are SO typical.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Oldcorp are you one of the people who think that Richard Garwin is part of the antichrist breeding program. He goes all the way back to Eisenhower. And his name sounds like Darwin. Maybe the millerites were on to something. Yeah listen to people like howard bloom say, “I’m glad that he took this more moderate view,” but then Noory says, Oh I thought we were supposed to be mad that he didn’t follow through on his promise, and it’s like ahem behind the scenes we both secretly agree. The public are the enemy. The air conditioning is sexist.
Tom from riverside California sounds like he is afraid. Tom from riverside California sounds like he is afraid of Russia. He says, “Uh it sounds like the Russians are on the side of the American people. But not our government.”
Well I had dreams last night. The zombie dream is being a little elusive. But there were some zombies in my dream last night. Theres a Bible verse forthat.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Unfortunately, according to scripture, even the most moral and upright person is damned unless they acknowledge Christ as Lord and begs forgiveness.

When Christ descended onto Gehenna (Hades, which btw is NOT Hell) He preached His Father's Word to those who had died before they had a chance to hear it. He rescued those souls which turned to Him and they were taken to Heaven, emptying Hades/Gehenna. Since that time, obviously, more people have died without hearing His Word.

It is my fervent hope that that BEFORE the final White Throne Judgment, those who have not heard of Jesus Christ - or have heard a twisted version like Westboro Baptist or Jim Jones, etc. - will be given the opportunity to accept Christ as their Savior. After all, the Bible clearly states that Hell was created for the Devil and his angels and NOT for people.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of a loving God who would send the souls of His children to Hell to be tortured for eternity simply because they never heard His Word the way it was meant to be preached. That concept goes against the character of God, who sent His Son - part of Himself - in order to save as many as possible.

I'm hoping that EVERYONE will get a chance to hear God's Word from His OWN LIPS before they are judged.

Even if I did believe in God I would never ever praise or worship such a petty, childish, jealous, violent ....thing.

And if it happens God does exist, before he judges me for eating fish in a Friday or whatever idiotic rule I broke...I'll demand a few answers from HIM. Like why he created cancer and let innocent kids get it? They went to heaven so it ok they suffered horribly! Religion is just absolute vile filth.

The fact that grown ups in this thread are actually scared they are going to be judged unfavourably and go to hell is both laughable and wry very sad that your minds have been poisoned to this extent.

You all have nothing to fear. It's your God who should be jusged. He is utterly repellant.

I totally agree. I have a theory....the "god of this world" is NOT the GOD of Jesus. Which would explain why this world is to F'd up.
But, that flies in the face of "Christian doctrine". I also hold to your premise of not wanting to worship a "god" of such pettiness and self indulgence. Oh, and I was a Christian for over two decades...and finally saw through it all.
There's something BIGGER and BETTER. That something has honestly touched me, my life, and my heart.
The other "thing" (ie., OT god), just causes me to have the same reaction as you....disgust.
Guess I'm going to fry in hell....when I do my best to do what Jesus would do.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

I totally agree. I have a theory....the "god of this world" is NOT the GOD of Jesus. Which would explain why this world is to F'd up.
But, that flies in the face of "Christian doctrine". I also hold to your premise of not wanting to worship a "god" of such pettiness and self indulgence. Oh, and I was a Christian for over two decades...and finally saw through it all.
There's something BIGGER and BETTER. That something has honestly touched me, my life, and my heart.
The other "thing" (ie., OT god), just causes me to have the same reaction as you....disgust.
Guess I'm going to fry in hell....when I do my best to do what Jesus would do.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I try to live for the Lord, but still I'm worried that I won't measure up. I'm a sinner.

Nah, as long as you did not kill someone who did not want to kill you, or as long you did not lie to someone who did not lie to you, if you keep your promisses ... your OK

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join